Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

What do you guys think of Spurs playing the 4-3-3? I really liked Bale in the spot behind the striker.

If they get a striker and stay healthy, I don't see how they stay out of the top 4 this year.

What do you guys think of Spurs playing the 4-3-3? I really liked Bale in the spot behind the striker.

If they get a striker and stay healthy, I don't see how they stay out of the top 4 this year.

they have the midfield to do it, pace, size and strength. Sandro/Dembele/Paulinho....ridiculous all 3 with incentive to play this year with WC in 2014. Yes I agree, they need a clinical striker. They have always have one missing piece each year but they have the right coach, the right players and its good to see the stars want to stay.

Luis Suarez has agreed personal terms with Real Madrid, Liverpool waiting for €47m offer [Marca]

Marca splash with the claim today that Luis Suarez agreed personal terms “weeks ago” on a move to Real Madrid. However, Suarez is now exploring other offers (which could include Premier League rivals Manchester City) due to the delay in Real Madrid making an offer to Liverpool.

Now Carlo Ancelotti is installed as Real Madrid coach, Los Blancos will decide whether to bid 47 million euros (his release clause, according to Marca) for Suarez. The decision rests with Ancelotti and Marca suggest Suarez now has other offers available, comparable in financial terms. Suarez has reportedly grown impatient whilst at the Confederations Cup and new Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola is also tracking developments

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lq4XAim36a4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wow, this is sooooooooo stupid.

ku-xlarge.png

Juventus have agreed a fee for Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, according to Sky sources.

Officials from the two clubs met in London on Tuesday to hammer out the deal and Tevez will now travel to Italy on Wednesday for a medical and to discuss personal terms with the Serie A champions, who have reportedly offered him a three-year contract.

Juventus are set to pay a flat fee of around £10m for the 29-year-old Argentina international with some additional bonus payments also agreed.

Juventus have agreed a fee for Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, according to Sky sources.

Officials from the two clubs met in London on Tuesday to hammer out the deal and Tevez will now travel to Italy on Wednesday for a medical and to discuss personal terms with the Serie A champions, who have reportedly offered him a three-year contract.

Juventus are set to pay a flat fee of around £10m for the 29-year-old Argentina international with some additional bonus payments also agreed.

So Higuain should be set for Arsenal, just waiting for Los Blancos to permit the sale.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...urn-Tottenham--clear-Gareth-Bale-staying.html

And Paulinho, who is currently playing in the Confederations Cup, has dropped a huge hint that he is off to White Hart Lane.
'It is important for the team and the Brazilian fans that at the moment all my focus is on winning the Confederations Cup - but after the tournament is finished I hope it is a deal that can get finalised quickly,' said Paulinho.

'To play in England for a great team like Tottenham is a dream. What I respect about Tottenham is the ambition they have shown.
'This summer there has been interest in their coach and their best player - and they have been clear they both are not going anywhere.

'When my agent made me aware that Tottenham were interested I knew it would not be a move that I could turn down.

Arsenal bid for Suarez rejected - reports

Arsenal have had a £30 million bid for Luis Suarez rejected by Liverpool, according to reports in the British media.<cite>
The Telegraph
and The Times have revealed the Gunners' first concrete offer for the Uruguay international was swiftly turned down, with the fee falling well short of Liverpool's expectations.</cite>

Its Spurs, they'll find a way

ya I don't get it, he's young and he doesn't need to make this move yet

or at least force it yet

he's going to get Villa a gain of at least 10-12m in one year, not bad at all

I mean he will be a 100% at Villa and considering this is World Cup year you'd think he'd want to be playing more.
Anyways pity, I read he's asked his agent to get him wages of 100,000 pounds a week.....like really kiddo?

on a side note, my god TFC what the fuck, these guys are so brutal just absolutely brutal
Hire a coach who has never had any experience and was still playing at the time.
The fans are blind as well
Now Diego Forlan....ummm ok

teed,

what is Bale's weekly wages at Spurs?
I really think that it would be quite unspurs like to go for a player that is demanding quite a huge weekly wage demand without being a proven calibre such as Bale.

he was on 90 but he will end up at 150 when he signs his extension

don't see Bentekkers getting 100 putting him ahead of Vertonghen/Dembele/Sandro etc.

and ya the new kit is fantastic, the home

not a fan so much of the away, if it had different shorts I'd like it

:shake:

Barca is always so stacked, I'm not sure it affects them that much, but you are spot on here.

Xavi and Iniesta aren't going to play forever, sure they have a great youth system but the price that Bayern paid for this kid, is pure robbery. 17mil pounds hahah that's peanuts.

Dithering Dave at it again...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/15/manchester-united-cesc-fabregas-marouane-fellaini
"Moyes has turned his attention to the 26-year-old after Thiago Alcântara joined Bayern Munich from Barcelona for £21.6m. Yet it is thought that Moyes could have signed Thiago over the course of the past weeks, with the delay in his finally leaving for Bayern being down to United's manager not being completely convinced by the 22-year-old. Although it is understood Thiago was keen on joining United, there were suggestions from some at the club that he might struggle on occasion to cope with the physicality of the Premier League."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...rice-absurd-admits-de-laurentiis?ICID=HP_HN_1

PSG are expected to announce the deal's completion on Tuesday, though De Laurentiis has claimed that he would have refused to sell the 26-year-old to the Ligue 1 champions if there was not already a €63 million contract clause in place.

"Without Cavani's clause, I would not have considered selling him," De Laurentiis told reporters. "It is a matter of principle. You cannot buy everything because it’s not good on an ethical level.

"The problem with these clubs is that they are owned by businesses that are run by presidents who will pay absurd figures.

"As for Cavani, each year I had to increase his price. It got so high, to a point where it was more than what Bayern Munich made for winning the Champions League.

"Then he began telling me he wanted to leave, so I told him to put forth the release clause. I’m sure Real Madrid, Manchester City and Chelsea would never have spent €63m."

if SAF is still in charge Thiago is a United player IMO

Moyes not the same, dont think United have a good season

some places are saying Benteke will be a Spurs player by thursday

Chadli for 7m would be a great deal as well for cover on the wings, he's said he wants to go to Spurs but Twente say only Swansea have bid so far

another Belgian too

dont think United have a good season

Hope springs eternal. That's the beauty of between season, every one is equal.
Been hearing so many Spurs and Gunner fans yap yap yapping all offseason long about how bad United gonna be. I guess we'll just have to let the results see how it all pans out.
You act as if United never missed a single transfer target under SAF. That's really not the case at all. They missed out on plenty of guys and had plenty of players leave on transfer.
I'm not saying Thiago will not be fantastic at BM, but there is certainly the question of physicality in the EPL vs La Liga. You see all those barca bitches going to ground if someone passes wind near them and getting calls. It would have been a nice signing - much better than chasing after Fabregas for more money, but not the end of the world. Obviously Moyes isn't SAF. But cupboards not exactly barren at OT this year either.

a little bit defensive don't we think....

Also why does it matter what other team someone else supports when they say something about Man United?????

a bad season for United is 3rd this year considering Moyes still has what SAF built, any lower than 3rd would be a debacle of monumental proportions

Sounds like City are close to signing Jovetic and Negredo. Benteke at Spurs puts them in a great spot for top 3, imo.

a little bit defensive don't we think....
Also why does it matter what other team someone else supports when they say something about Man United?????
Not defensive at all....was just pointing out that the loudest detractors of ManUnited have seemed to be Spurs and Gunner fans who have won nothing (nor really come close) in many, many years.
I would have liked to have gotten Thiago, don't get me wrong, but I really think it's unfair to say it was all Moyes doing. He went to play for his ex-coach who adores him, has practically taken him under his wing. Saying SAF would have definitely got him I think is wrong.
United going to have a problem if Rooney leaves. Not that Rooney is top 5 player in the world anymore, but he does so many things for this team, they will have a difficult time replacing him. Plus, their midfield will be stretched - too many wingers, not enough central guys.
Will be a long season, you cannot argue with the final results, but certainly can argue before the season starts.
Top three for United would not be a disaster. Hell, they are tipped to come in third already by the biggest bettors in the world. Coming in 4th would be bad. Coming in lower than 4th would be a disaster.

Spurs fans hate on everybody and think their teams shit don't stink. I have ample proof in my Visitor Messages :)

Back