Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Marca saying €50 million, was expecting alot lower.

Neymar will be a Barcelona player. There is a total agreement between the Azulgrana club, Neymar and Santos, and all that is left to sort out are third-party minor details for the deal to be definitively agreed on and signed. Barça's signing of the Brazilian superstar will cost them a cool €50 million.

Neymar will most probably sign for 5 seasons and earn €7 million a year. Barcelona is looking to make the signing public this coming Sunday after the Espanyol game, or if not on Monday next week.

Santos announced, after last night's marathon meeting in its headquarters, that it had two offers on the table - one from Barcelona and the other from Real Madrid, and that it had left the decision up to Neymar himself as to who would be the lucky suitor. Well, the man has decided, and he's headed for Barcelona...

Luis Suárez linked with Real

Liverpool's directors acknowledge that they have received offers, but they have not disclosed their source. Manager Brendan Rodgers recently remarked, "People will want to take him, but I think we all recognise how integral he is. The owners have been absolutely unequivocal in their resolve in terms of wanting to keep him."

Real may be in with a chance of picking up the player if it offers a sum approaching €40 million, but there are many doubts back in Madrid. They are not sure that the Uruguayan is worth the price tag.

Luis Suárez, who arrived on Merseyside from Ajax in a €26.5 million deal in 2011, is also arousing interest at clubs such as Bayern, Barça and Atlético de Madrid. Despite the constant rumours, Reds managing director Ian Ayre has always insisted that "he's not for sale"..

<iframe width="440" height="260" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kSgOt9axGZw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

“I think that next season is going to be much better, I am convinced about that. It doesn’t mean we’re going to win one or two titles. But, in the grand scheme of things, if we look at the next five years and I could plan now, I would say I want to win five trophies in the next five years. That may mean we win no trophies one year and two in another but, on average, I want one trophy or title a year. That’s the Champions League, the Premier League or the FA Cup. I think it’s a realistic aim, yes. But I’m talking about five years. If next year we don’t win, but progress our football and get to the semi-finals of the Champions League, finish second in the Premier League and lose the FA Cup Final again, that will be fine. That’s because we will have progressed in the way our football develops.” – Manchester City chief executive Ferran Soriano

Roberto Martinez ‘swinging towards’ staying as Wigan Athletic manager, says chairman Dave Whelan
Although Whelan had expected Martinez to decide when he wanted to do when they met on Thursday, he has instead asked for budget assurances and confirmation the club will continue to invest heavily in the development of young players at its Academy. Whelan has asked to look at the figures over the weekend before making any promises to the Spaniard, who would be a leading candidate to replace Tony Pulis at Stoke City, as well as David Moyes at Everton. “He has postponed making a decision until Monday, but it was a very constructive meeting and he is asking all the right sort of questions,”said Whelan. “I think he is swinging towards staying at Wigan and I was encouraged by what he said. We chatted for an hour and I’m happy with the outcome. “He is interested to know how we are going to push the club forward, how we are going to continue to develop our own players and the progress in moving into our new training ground. “He wants me to make certain promises and I’ve told him I don’t want to make any promises I can’t keep, so I’ll have a look into things over the weekend and we’ll meet again on Monday.”

Asmir Begovic heading to Liverpool :Begovic: I’m off to the Kop
Stoke keeper Asmir Begovic is set to follow boss Tony Pulis out of the club — and sign for Liverpool. The £15million-rated Begovic has been watched by a string of clubs all season with Arsenal and Manchester United also keen on the Bosnian. But now he looks set to be the long-term replacement for the Kop’s Spanish keeper Pepe Reina. Begovic, 25, gave an interview in Bosnia in which he claimed he would be joining Liverpool in July for pre-season training.

Radamel Falcao will undergo Monaco medical & sign for €60m on Monday [Cadena Ser]

The final fee paid by Monaco to Atletico Madrid is believed to be 60 million euros with Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev reportedly outbidding the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United.
Falcao will earn 12 million euros a season on the French Riviera and it was this mammoth salary that convinced the Colombian striker to forego any concerns about a lack of Champions League football at Monaco next season.

was only a matter of time...
I still am pinching myself that Villa were interested in signing this guy from River Plate long ago!!!!

[h=1]Manchester City offer €30m for Jesus Navas, Sevilla winger wants to join Real Madrid [AS][/h]
The future of Sevilla winger Jesus Navas looks increasingly likely to be away from Sevilla, according to a report in Spanish paper AS today.Manchester City have made a bid extremely close to Navas’ 30 million euro release clause.
AS say that Manchester City’s offer has not been formally submitted to Sevilla but representatives of the Premier League side have confirmed they are serious about signing Jesus Navas this summer.
The 27-year-old winger is preparing to leave Sevilla in the coming weeks but with a history of chronic homesickness, is keen to stay in Spain and Navas is angling for a move to Real Madrid.

Quote of the day: “How much you spend on your group isn’t always what gives you. It’s what’s inside their hearts and how much they work for you. I’ve been very fortunate that both teams that have done it for me, I was privileged to have worked with them. To me they’re Palace heroes. If I had to put everything I own on someone smacking it in the net, then I’d put it on Kev,” Holloway said. I’ll keep signing him until he’s nearly 50 or 60, if he keeps putting the ball in the net. The difficult thing for Kev is living in a hotel once or twice a week because he doesn’t need to move his family any more. That’s what you lose; you lose that desire. So I don’t train him every day. My lads accept that because they know what he does when he does turn up. It’s his enthusiasm that he needs to keep. It’s that little spark inside him, that jiggle. That’s what I want to keep. It’s your soul inside you. That little vibe when you get up in the morning. I’ve still got mine. Hopefully he’s still got his. I can’t wait to see him again and thank him for how well he’s played for me.” – Ian Holloway.

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway: I want Wilfried Zaha on loan again
Ian Holloway will consider asking Manchester United to loan Wilfried Zaha back to Crystal Palace to help the club stay in the Premier League, a feat the south London side have been unable to achieve following each of their two previous play-off triumphs. Zaha produced an outstanding performance to help Palace beat Watford 1-0 in a tense final worth upwards of £120m to the victors, winning the penalty that enabled Kevin Phillips to score the decisive goal in extra time. The 20-year-old is due to report to Old Trafford next season, having been signed by Sir Alex Ferguson for £15m in January before being loaned back to Palace for the remainder of the season. Holloway will spend the summer trying to build a squad that will avoid coming straight back down. Asked whether that will entail asking the new United manager, David Moyes, to send Zaha back to Selhurst Park to further his development, Holloway said: “I think he’d be silly to give me him back to me. But you never know, now that we’re up it might be realistic. We’ll see.”

Might not be a transfer thread but Ashley Cole is the new England captain? Hmmm fair play to him as he really has had no contest on that left back role in years.
I'd probably still give it to Gerrard or Lamps if they were all on the same page.

To me they’re Palace heroes.

Really the main point of this thread to date, I think.

Don't worry, boys, it'll wear off eventually.

=)

Might not be a transfer thread but Ashley Cole is the new England captain? Hmmm fair play to him as he really has had no contest on that left back role in years.
I'd probably still give it to Gerrard or Lamps if they were all on the same page.

1 game only

his 100th cap

Jovetic is a nice player but he doesn't score enough to be worth 25m

would rather spend that much on Higuan or Damaio, or you might as well go up another level (and 10m) for Cavani

Jovetic is a nice player but he doesn't score enough to be worth 25m

would rather spend that much on Higuan or Damaio, or you might as well go up another level (and 10m) for Cavani

Hey may not score as much but he certainly creates. Higuain? For a bench warmer that's not even worth it. Besides Jovetic fits the profile better for Arsenal than Higuain, Jovetic can play wide, or behind Giroud. Higuain cannot.

Higuan has scored more than 1 in 2 each of the last 5 seasons

he's less of an all around player and more of a poacher (and he's likely going to Juve) but

27 in 32
10 in 17
22 in 35
15 in 27

is a great pace, and on a team where CR7 was always first option

they all ready have Walcott/Carzola/Ox for behind the striker, I think they need to upgrade on Giroud before any of those 3

Neymar and Messi on the same team is going to be a joy to watch. It's like a FIFA '13 transfer come true in real life.

Kolo Toure to Liverpool.

I'm guessing billy would be more enthusiastic about it if it was Yaya instead, but seems like a decent move.

Eric Abidal is to be released by Barcelona after six seasons, having fought back from a liver tumour and a liver transplant.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sr8HpkQ1Y_0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

“I have a contract with Liverpool. I am happy in Liverpool. I love Liverpool, but this year was very difficult for me, my wife and my daughter. I’ve already talked with Brendan Rodgers, he knows what I want. He understands my situation. I have a family, a daughter, and I am not prepared to keep enduring the English press.”Luis Suarez.

Falcao completes deal to Monaco
financial terms weren't released...I guess he's making like 200,000 pounds a week or something

Suarez showing the POS he is

saying he never got any support when Liverpool and their fans bent over backwards and in the face of evidence and logic to do so

won't be any better in Spain for Suarez either

my Villans are busy!!! Woo hoo, Paul Lambert must be using FM to get the goods.
About to sign another giant striker Nicklas Helenius, 6'5 22 year old good footwork for a big man and he's going to be fucking cheap!
Really hope we can sign Jores Okore guy is going to be a fucking gem, other clubs are chasing him as well.

Paulinho/Dembele/Sandro

easily best central midfield in England

can't think of any better in Europe either outside Barca/RM/Bayern

my Villans are busy!!! Woo hoo, Paul Lambert must be using FM to get the goods.
About to sign another giant striker Nicklas Helenius, 6'5 22 year old good footwork for a big man and he's going to be fucking cheap!
Really hope we can sign Jores Okore guy is going to be a fucking gem, other clubs are chasing him as well.

Okore FM signing almost every year lol

they made the Next Gen final as well, this was the big year for Villa to stay up and now that it seems Benteke is staying I think they get back up to where MON had them safely in the top 10 going forward and then who knows

just one signing and the Spurs have absolute quality there. All 3 are World Cup level and so will play at a high level. Press can continue to write all they want but AVB and Bale are staying, Spurs have the quality to again break top 4.
Man Utd not too sure what Moyes will do, he's had to deal with a very poor offensive squad for years

ya I was a bit worried about AVB but he turned them down, and came out this week and said no chance Bale was going

just need a big striker now and throw out a 4-3-3 of

Lennon/Striker/Bale
Dembele/Sandro/Paulinho
Rose/Verts/Kaboul/Walker
Lloris

well I think Villa are safe, considering Newcastle are in shit, Hull is piss poor so are Crystal Palace and Sunderland!

Everton are on their way down if they lose their key men, I really don't know what to think about Man Utd with Moyes.
If Arsenal make the right moves they may very well be challenging for the title, funny how many talked shit about Wenger and now oh they are in the green numbers.

Tottenham Hotspur look like they will be very busy in this summer’s transfer window having already been linked with several attackers. The Daily Star Sunday reports Spurs are now lining up a £20million deal for Aston Villa star Christian Benteke and are ready to open talks.

Give us 25mil and Defoe ;)

cold blooded....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23024271

Gus Poyet: Brighton boss sacked while working for BBC Sport

Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager Gus Poyet finds out he has been sacked whilst working for Match of the Day covering Spain's Confederations Cup match with Nigeria.
Poyet was suspended by the Seagulls in May, but only found out he had been sacked when the TV production team handed him a print out of a statement that had been released on the Brighton website, he now intends to appeal against the club's decision.

Southampton have launched a £15m bid for Cagliari midfielder Radja Nainggolan, according to the Daily Star

its quite obvious Southampton have no idea how to buy a player, 15mil for someone who's not even considered mediocore is silly.

Back