STEED n JUMP Vs. SCHRUTE n M.W. in-game

MW: not sure they cudda had Briles. Briles and his wife from Central, N Central area. Briles did not want to put up with social pressure, bs of being TX coach...etc... just my somewhat informed opinion

Do you have inside info? I don't, but what I've heard through public sources indicates he was interested. That could be wrong, of course.

Strong caught Teddy B. in a bottle, nothing more IMHO. Louisville has played a weak schedule as well. I will give him that his teams have shown up for bowl games but that's about it. I just think that there are guys that are better coaches than him that Texas could have swayed. Maybe they all told them no. Heard rumor that Mora said no thanks but don't know if that's true or not.

MW: not sure they cudda had Briles. Briles and his wife from Central, N Central area. Briles did not want to put up with social pressure, bs of being TX coach...etc... just my somewhat informed opinion

I'm not sure I understand the part about roots -- Waco and Austin are 100 miles apart.

Do you have inside info? I don't, but what I've heard through public sources indicates he was interested. That could be wrong, of course.
know a good friend of briles....pretty much all i can say

They probably wanted to give him a 3 year deal, but they so rich they didnt want to look dumb honestly

said fuck it...back him....go 5

Okay, Bones, you have inside info. If they couldn't get him, so be it, but if I were the AD I would have done anything I could to change his mind.

Also, I could recruit to Texas. Maybe not, but you get my point. It's not exactly a hard place to recruit to.

i believe texas hard place to recruit no doubt. so much competition. but strong seems like he can be underdog to recruit in places. look at florida. came and took very talented guys.

good to see black guy get a prominent job tho..im happy for him
agree...but alot of stuff besides coaching you have to do round here...get a coat and tie and sip cocktails, smile and kiss right ass just sayin.....oh, and dont lose

Back