St. Louis Cardinals vs. Boston Redsox - 2013 World Series Discussion

We'd be getting a better price on them now than in game 7 methinks especially when we have no clue about buchholz

everyone is not picking the dog, just all the people on this site. all the idiots are on the red sox...this is a really tough one

everyone is not picking the dog, just all the people on this site. all the idiots are on the red sox...this is a really tough one

So let me get this straight..

You're saying it's idiotic picking the team with HFA, who had the best record in the AL, who had the highest diff in all of baseball at +197, who won 66% of their home games, who won 60% of all their games and has a shutdown BP?

Really?

The 'idiots' did all right in 2004. I think they'll do just fine this time as well.
It's the year of Beard Sox!
www1.whdh.com/news/articles/sports/redsox/10012008193034/the-2004-idiots-versus-the-2013-get-beards/

So let me get this straight..

You're saying it's idiotic picking the team with HFA, who had the best record in the AL, who had the highest diff in all of baseball at +197, who won 66% of their home games, who won 60% of all their games and has a shutdown BP?

Really?

uh, no, I didn't say anything remotely resembling that or anything that could really imply that. I said the random idiots, like those that you find in sports books, are on the Sox, after you said everyone is on the Cards. The public is not. And I didn't even say I disagreed with them.

uh, no, I didn't say anything remotely resembling that or anything that could really imply that. I said the random idiots, like those that you find in sports books, are on the Sox, after you said everyone is on the Cards. The public is not. And I didn't even say I disagreed with them.
Do you really know what's going on in the sports books???

Definitely a tough one.
Power Play Wins is on the Cardinals
Meanwhile Double Dragon Sports has

12 Unit Hydra - Red Sox -115

Cards going with Robinson over Jon Jay at CF. And Boston going with Bogarerts over Middlebrooks at 3B. Other then that the lineups are what we thought they would be.

Think Matheny has been pretty consistent when facing a lefty that he goes with Robinson instead of Jay.
Yeah. With that game with Kershaw going, he went with Robinson. Eventually Jay did get in the game but as long as the starter goes out. I like Jay but how can you deny Robinson when he batted .429 in limited at bats last series. It's a good situation for the Cards.

Interesting prop More Total Bases: Craig vs Ortiz -115 each way. Figured Papi would be a fave in this one, considering Craig hasn't seen live pitching since September 4th.

Interesting prop More Total Bases: Craig vs Ortiz -115 each way. Figured Papi would be a fave in this one, considering Craig hasn't seen live pitching since September 4th.
I saw that too with the same line. Just checked now and it's Ortiz -120 and Craig even. Good eye.

I can. He wasn't super sharp in LA last week. Boston could win tonight...I actually lean them tonight and Stl tomorrow. Hoping to bet Stl again tomorrow +200 if so.

I can. He wasn't super sharp in LA last week. Boston could win tonight...I actually lean them tonight and Stl tomorrow. Hoping to bet Stl again tomorrow +200 if so.
[TABLE="class: league"]
<tbody class="date">[TR]
[TD="class: bdt, colspan: 27"]Thursday, Oct 24, 2013 - MLB Baseball Game[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody><tbody class="event">[TR="class: h2hSeq firstline"]
[TD="class: col_time bdevtt"]08:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: col_rotno bdevtt"]953[/TD]
[TD="class: col_teamname bdevtt"]St. Louis Cardinals
M. Wacha -R[/TD]
[TD="class: info bdevtt"]St. Louis Cardinals Boston Red Sox World Series Game 2
[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"][/TD]
[TD="class: hdcp bdevtt"][/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt"][/TD]
[TD="class: info bdevtt"][/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input class="oddsselection" type="checkbox" value="G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|M|MLHW|St. Louis Cardinals" jQuery1382564212940="1415" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|M|MLHW|St. Louis Cardinals','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'M','selTyp':'MLHW','tmId':'St. Louis Cardinals'},'a':-102,'d':1.98,'h':0,'dh':'','aorg':-102,'dorg':1.98,'horg':0,'dhorg':'','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':953}"> [/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt moneylineodds displayOdds"]-102[/TD]
[TD="class: info bdevtt"]o [/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input class="oddsselection" type="checkbox" value="G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|L|TTOV|" jQuery1382564212940="1416" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|L|TTOV|','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'L','selTyp':'TTOV','tmId':''},'a':-120,'d':1.833,'h':7,'dh':'7','aorg':-120,'dorg':1.833,'horg':7,'dhorg':'7','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':954}"> [/TD]
[TD="class: mktdesc bdevtt"]Ov[/TD]
[TD="class: hdcp bdevtt"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt displayOdds"]-120[/TD]
[TD="class: mktdesc bdevtt"][/TD]
[TD="class: smlhdcp bdevtt"][/TD]
[TD="class: addMktIcn bdevtt"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: otherline"]
[TD="class: col_rotno bdevtt"]954[/TD]
[TD="class: col_teamname bdevtt"]Boston Red Sox
J. Lackey -R[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input class="oddsselection" type="checkbox" value="G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|M|MLAW|Boston Red Sox" jQuery1382564212940="1417" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|M|MLAW|Boston Red Sox','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'M','selTyp':'MLAW','tmId':'Boston Red Sox'},'a':-108,'d':1.925,'h':0,'dh':'','aorg':-108,'dorg':1.925,'horg':0,'dhorg':'','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':954}"> [/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt moneylineodds displayOdds"]-108[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input class="oddsselection" type="checkbox" value="G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|L|TTUN|" jQuery1382564212940="1418" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|L|TTUN|','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'L','selTyp':'TTUN','tmId':''},'a':100,'d':2,'h':7,'dh':'7','aorg':100,'dorg':2,'horg':7,'dhorg':'7','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':954}"> [/TD]
[TD="class: mktdesc bdevtt"]Un[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt displayOdds"]+100[/TD]
[TD="class: info bdevtt"]o[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

56% on Boston as of now

Wainwright had a perfect ump in the Dodger game. Today he has a good one but based on a much smaller sample. Thing keeping me off Boston is the large difference based on days rest favoring Wainwright. Unlikely to bet.

He meant +200 on the series, play

grabbed StL +127 for the series, just think there's too good of a chance to win tonight to not grab it

such a tough read on total for G1...talked myself into Under all day...Stl struggles vs LHP, cold weather, both starters capable of gems, trust both pens - and both rested...too many bats in both lineups for me to hit Under in any of these games...one big inning either side feels like unders would be dead

this was in response to something else but some of my series thoughts:

I don't think its gonna be easy, Stl also has a solid lineup...Stl could argueably have better SP, not that they have a bad pen by any means...but I like ours...playing @ Busch we will likely have to overcome a big disadvantage...likely either no Napoli or no Papi in those games...maybe righty,lefty platoon? tough having one of those big bats not in starting lineup for 3 games, I say put Victorino in LF, Napoli in RF and Papi @ 1B...at least 1 of the games @ Busch. And start Xander every game...This Buchholz inj talk/speculation is not exactly a confidence builder.

[TABLE="class: league"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: bdt, colspan: 27"]Thursday, Oct 24, 2013 - MLB Baseball Game[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: h2hSeq firstline"]
[TD="class: col_time bdevtt"]08:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: col_rotno bdevtt"]953[/TD]
[TD="class: col_teamname bdevtt"]St. Louis Cardinals
M. Wacha -R[/TD]
[TD="class: info bdevtt"]St. Louis Cardinals Boston Red Sox World Series Game 2 [/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input class="oddsselection" type="checkbox" value="G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|M|MLHW|St. Louis Cardinals" jquery1382564212940="1415" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|M|MLHW|St. Louis Cardinals','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'M','selTyp':'MLHW','tmId':'St. Louis Cardinals'},'a':-102,'d':1.98,'h':0,'dh':'','aorg':-102,'dorg':1.98,'horg':0,'dhorg':'','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':953}">[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt moneylineodds displayOdds"]-102[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input class="oddsselection" type="checkbox" value="G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|L|TTOV|" jquery1382564212940="1416" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|L|TTOV|','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'L','selTyp':'TTOV','tmId':''},'a':-120,'d':1.833,'h':7,'dh':'7','aorg':-120,'dorg':1.833,'horg':7,'dhorg':'7','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':954}">[/TD]
[TD="class: mktdesc bdevtt"]Ov[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt displayOdds"]-120[/TD]
[TD="class: addMktIcn bdevtt"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: otherline"]
[TD="class: col_rotno bdevtt"]954[/TD]
[TD="class: col_teamname bdevtt"]Boston Red Sox
J. Lackey -R[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input class="oddsselection" type="checkbox" value="G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|M|MLAW|Boston Red Sox" jquery1382564212940="1417" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|M|MLAW|Boston Red Sox','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'M','selTyp':'MLAW','tmId':'Boston Red Sox'},'a':-108,'d':1.925,'h':0,'dh':'','aorg':-108,'dorg':1.925,'horg':0,'dhorg':'','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':954}">[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt moneylineodds displayOdds"]-108[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input class="oddsselection" type="checkbox" value="G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|L|TTUN|" jquery1382564212940="1418" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Baseball|MLB|0|POSTUP|.|248049142|L|TTUN|','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'L','selTyp':'TTUN','tmId':''},'a':100,'d':2,'h':7,'dh':'7','aorg':100,'dorg':2,'horg':7,'dhorg':'7','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':954}">[/TD]
[TD="class: mktdesc bdevtt"]Un[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt displayOdds"]+100[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I meant bet the Cards again for the series if they lose game 1....thinking they'd be +200 or so? Probably +180 at least.

Hoping for a good series.....got 1 unit invested and maybe another 1 after tonight. Everyone enjoy.....been a fun season!

I meant bet the Cards again for the series if they lose game 1....thinking they'd be +200 or so? Probably +180 at least.
gotcha, agree +180/+200, also agree that's great value and like your approach bc I think Sawx G1 and Wacha gives them nightmares in G2...BOL in the series :shake:

salty not in the lineup, but 5dimes has props for him up...it doesn't say player must start anywhere, only that wainwright and lester must start...i'm wondering what happens if salty comes in the game as a sub in the 7th and gets an at-bat

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Wed 10/23[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]1421 BOS J.Saltalamacchia a hit[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M1_148" name="radiox" type="radio">-175 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]8:00PM [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]1422 BOS J.Saltalamacchia no hits[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M2_148" name="radiox" type="radio">+145 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TD]Wed 10/23[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]1357 STL A.Craig hits+runs+RBI[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M1_116" name="radiox" type="radio">-120 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]1358 BOS J.Saltalamacchia hits+runs+RBI[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M2_116" name="radiox" type="radio">-110 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TD]Wed 10/23[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]1405 BOS J.Saltalamacchia hits+runs+RBI ov 2[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M1_140" name="radiox" type="radio">+100 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]1406 BOS J.Saltalamacchia hits+runs+RBI un 2[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M2_140" name="radiox" type="radio">-130 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

'Lang 2.0' Trace Adams also on the Sox -120 for 1000 dimes.

All you need is for the Mighty Quinn to be on Boston for the Cards to have a phenomenal chance of grabbing Game 1.

salty not in the lineup, but 5dimes has props for him up...it doesn't say player must start anywhere, only that wainwright and lester must start...i'm wondering what happens if salty comes in the game as a sub in the 7th and gets an at-bat

[TD]Wed 10/23[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1421 BOS J.Saltalamacchia a hit[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M1_148" name="radiox" type="radio">-175[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8:00PM[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1422 BOS J.Saltalamacchia no hits[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M2_148" name="radiox" type="radio">+145[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TD]Wed 10/23[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1357 STL A.Craig hits+runs+RBI[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M1_116" name="radiox" type="radio">-120[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1358 BOS J.Saltalamacchia hits+runs+RBI[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M2_116" name="radiox" type="radio">-110[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TD]Wed 10/23[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1405 BOS J.Saltalamacchia hits+runs+RBI ov 2[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M1_140" name="radiox" type="radio">+100[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1406 BOS J.Saltalamacchia hits+runs+RBI un 2[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M2_140" name="radiox" type="radio">-130[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

It sounds as if the bet will be graded whether he comes in as a sub or not, so your question is confusing. If he comes in as a sub nothing will change.

It sounds as if the bet will be graded whether he comes in as a sub or not, so your question is confusing. If he comes in as a sub nothing will change.

what i'm saying is...if he is not in the game at any point, i think they will use that as reason to cancel the bet, although they don't post that disclaimer anywhere. but, if he is in the scorecard by substitution, technically they shouldn't be able to cancel the bet because he played.

[TD]Wed 10/23
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1421 BOS J.Saltalamacchia a hit
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input name="radiox" id="radiox" type="radio" value="M1_148">-175
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8:00PM
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1422 BOS J.Saltalamacchia no hits
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input name="radiox" id="radiox" type="radio" value="M2_148">+145
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TD]Wed 10/23
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1357 STL A.Craig hits+runs+RBI
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input name="radiox" id="radiox" type="radio" value="M1_116">-120
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1358 BOS J.Saltalamacchia hits+runs+RBI
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input name="radiox" id="radiox" type="radio" value="M2_116">-110
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TD]Wed 10/23
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1405 BOS J.Saltalamacchia hits+runs+RBI ov 2
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input name="radiox" id="radiox" type="radio" value="M1_140">+100
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1406 BOS J.Saltalamacchia hits+runs+RBI un 2
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input name="radiox" id="radiox" type="radio" value="M2_140">-130
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
pretty sure player must start in all props, even if not stated on actual play...must check prop rules w/ site

Guys
If he doesnt start the game that bet will just be void,whether you bet any Yes or No

You cannot expect a bookmaker to pay out on a No bet if he doesnt make the line-up

agreed, they just usually post 'must start' for action, but it doesn't say it this time, that's why it caught my eye

straight from wager-info.com, which my book uses for all rules and this applies to every player prop in baseball:

Both Players+ listed Starting Pitchers must start for action.

what i'm saying is...if he is not in the game at any point, i think they will use that as reason to cancel the bet, although they don't post that disclaimer anywhere. but, if he is in the scorecard by substitution, technically they shouldn't be able to cancel the bet because he played.

Gotcha. Your thought that it doesn't say the player must start anywhere is what threw me off.

Back