****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

mate half the team is in Europe

I know. I didn't say it was logical. But really, let's be honest they're in Europe but who's playing meaningful minutes on a quality club? Howard was the bright light, but he's been replaced (totally fair, by the way, he's getting older). But who else? Somebody plays for Stoke, right?

I remember when Bradley was on a not very good Roma team for a bit. I was ready to pick him up and carry him off the pitch myself.

I know. I didn't say it was logical. But really, let's be honest they're in Europe but who's playing meaningful minutes on a quality club? Howard was the bright light, but he's been replaced (totally fair, by the way, he's getting older). But who else? Somebody plays for Stoke, right?

I remember when Bradley was on a not very good Roma team for a bit. I was ready to pick him up and carry him off the pitch myself.

Fabian Johnson had a wonderful season for Borussia Monchengladbach

Pulisic is considered one of the best young players in Germany

John Brooks is a very solid for Hertha, people are talking about him going to Borussia Dortmund to replace Hummels

Yedlin was solid for Sunderland

Cameron is good for Stoke

Guzan sucks for Aston Villa

Bobby Wood of course had a wonderful year in Bundesliga II and that is why he got transferred to Hamsburg

its not outrageous holy fuck we are going to be good talent, but to say we have no players in Europe is like seeing a Todd and saying god damn

I'm not saying we have no players in Europe. I was mostly saying I don't think we have any good players on any good clubs in Europe—but you make very good points with the Bundesliga.

you should actually watch for Pulisic in seriousness Joe, this kid looks fantastic. Hopefully not another American bust like Freddy, Julian Green and Jordan Morris

I'm a monster. I was raised by wolves. Wolves that were infected with rabies and cast out from the sight of other wolves because they were too horrible to be around.

I admit it. Don't look at me, I'm hideous.

How do you feel about gators

I will.

Speaking of, I feel terrible for Freddie Adu. Now, he may have grown up to be a horrible person, I have absolutely no idea. But the worst fear about his career ended up materializing. Not even losing it to injury as far as I know, just literally busting out. After being basically touted as the American Pele at 15.

I will.

Speaking of, I feel terrible for Freddie Adu. Now, he may have grown up to be a horrible person, I have absolutely no idea. But the worst fear about his career ended up materializing. Not even losing it to injury as far as I know, just literally busting out. After being basically touted as the American Pele at 15.

last I heard he was playing for Orlando in the USL

[TABLE="class: infobox vcard, width: 22"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="bgcolor: #B0C4DE, colspan: 4, align: center"]Senior career*[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Years[/TH]
[TD]Team[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]Apps[SUP]†[/SUP][/TD]
[TD="align: right"](Gls)[SUP]†[/SUP][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2004–2006[/TH]
[TD]D.C. United[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]87[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](11)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2007[/TH]
[TD]Real Salt Lake[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]11[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2007–2011[/TH]
[TD]Benfica[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](2)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2008–2009[/TH]
[TD]→ AS Monaco (loan)[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2009[/TH]
[TD]→ Belenenses (loan)[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2010[/TH]
[TD]→ Aris (loan)[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2011[/TH]
[TD]→ Çaykur Rizespor (loan)[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](3)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2011–2013[/TH]
[TD]Philadelphia Union[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]35[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](7)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2013[/TH]
[TD]Bahia[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2014[/TH]
[TD]Jagodina[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2015[/TH]
[TD]KuPS[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2015[/TH]
[TD]→ KuFu-98 (loan)[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](2)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2015–[/TH]
[TD]Tampa Bay Rowdies[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I'm sorry, the Third Division is actually the 4th tier league in Finland. Jesus christ, you would think most of us could join that team

its a sad day when the "American Pele" was playing in the Finnish third division

Benefica. If it was going to happen, that's where it was going to happen.

And you're right. That said, for every LeBron or KG, there are a dozen kids who were magical as freshman in HS, but who we'll never hear of. I'm certain this exact thing happens in international soccer consistently.

I'm sorry, the Third Division is actually the 4th tier league in Finland. Jesus christ, you would think most of us could join that team

Shit. Put me on a regulation size pitch and I'd have to fucking shift out like I was playing hockey. Sprint around for 90 seconds, come off. Wait a couple of minutes, repeat.

Indoor soccer, that shit will put you down real quick...running, getting checked into the wall...man that was fun for about 60 seconds

Soccer is one of those things, to me, that I think is a lot more fun when you're a kid. You know, unless you're really good.

Baseball/softball has staying power as an adult. Tennis too. You can still, at least in your own mind, feel like you're holding your own. Soccer, though, man you know you're fucking old and slow. You can just feel it.

Again, because you're keeping track, Tim Anderson's first career major league home run came in Boston. First pitch of the game, BTW. Took it over the Monster and out of the stadium.

hey joe i'm watching the Sox on local tv and rooting for the visitor so don't feel like you're alone

I appreciate this. Buckhholz sort of getting in a grove now. But Sale has a two run lead so you've got to feel good there. Sale has yet to give up his home run yet, though. You can usually count on one of those a game.

In fact the only baseball game I've watched in the last week was at Chase and I can't even tell you who won

i'm sure CHW will strand a million other guys but i'm just happy Sale got 2 (now 3).

Boston fans booing Buchholz is just so stupid, part of why i hate this team now

Back