• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

That was a terrible call on Atalanta. They were all over him in box grabbing like crazy and they call foul on Atalanta player?!???! Unreal

Every time I need a match to end they add 8-10 min of extra time then never even blow the whistle at end of that. Today I desperately need extra time for Atalanta and 2 stinking minutes all I gst? Then they blow whistle before Full 2 minutes was even played!! Unreal

Is it just me or is red card just to damn punitive? Maybe I’m off base but playing so so long a man short (or 2!) seems so harsh!

I have seen a few teams manage to play to nil after getting the red holding onto a already established lead.

Yesterday the Barcelona match was 1st time I recall seeing a team score winning goal while down a man. I’m assuming that doesn’t happen real often? So if you get a red you basically lose huge majority of the time? As I said that seems excessively punitive to me! Maybe just send guy off for 10 min or something??

I know, who am I to start suggesting rule changes when 3 months ago I couldn’t even name 5 teams! Lol.

Haha I think it’s a great rule....you basically gotta kill a guy to get a red, there are so few so I think the rule works

Anyone have any thoughts on Portugal primeira liga? I have yet to venture into this league but see 2 matches this afternoon with not much else to choose from besides Sassuolo and ac Milan who I already have bets on! lol. Sassuolo my biggest play of the day, proud of myself i got them +113 last night and they now -108!!

And it’s ironic that you and I (someone who called soccer hockey on grass 2 years ago (not a compliment from me)) are discussing soccer rules

Haha I think it’s a great rule....you basically gotta kill a guy to get a red, there are so few so I think the rule works

Yea as long it blatantly obvious I suppose. Like I don’t think they should be given out on plays where it not intentional, going for the ball.

And it’s ironic that you and I (someone who called soccer hockey on grass 2 years ago (not a compliment from me)) are discussing soccer rules

Lmfao. Ain’t that the truth. I’d be embarrassed to admit some the things I’ve said about soccer in the past!!

In fairness to me, those things I may have said insulting soccer were allegedly said a long long time ago! Lol. Many years ago I watched a WC and enjoyed it a great deal, I softened my stance after that and since have enjoyed another WC and some other events with national teams. More recently my “knock” on it or lack of interest in getting involved didn’t have anything to do with the product, simply the amount of leagues/teams around the world was just too overwhelming for me. I now regret my dismissive attitude toward the sport as it has quickly risen up the ranks of sports i enjoy watching!

I like Portland in mls tonight but I’ve realized I’m much better waiting and playing mls at halftime! I’ve done real well after seeing a half. Going back to taking San Jose when they were down but you could tell were the better side (miracle win at end!), yesterday it was painfully obvious nobody was gonna score a goal in the Minnesota match if they played 5 more hours!! Lol.

Problem is I worry if my Portland lean happens to be right and they score early won’t be a bet left to make at the half! What’s a degen to do? Lol.

I’m excited to see Portland with little less rust! Looked to me like they had some quality attackers but were just a touch heavy on most their passes/crosses. I would think that something that fix itself with more games and practice?

Back