• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Also in terms of capping buli. I may be dreaming but I swear I saw something like 10 players tested positive when they came back to training

Any news on who? Any big names or starters?

Also saw that la liga is expecting june 12 start?

PL theres back and forth but saw man u called their players back to uk, so if training gets started next week, could be early june for them

Really hoping since they will likely need 2 games a week, we get some good footy most days per week, dont do sat/sun and wednesday, use all 7

I heard Levy privately would like the season to be cancelled , lots of contracts tied to incentives

could be bs

The 10 who tested positive include the 2. Bundesliga and training staff + physical therapists of all the 36 clubs. So 10 positives out of 1274 tests. I dont think names have been released. Im gathering two were on Gladbach and three on Köln. The Kölner were asymptomatic last time I checked.

Also Kalou got suspended for posting a video where he didn‘t adhere to social distancing regulations lol.

doesn’t SKY have an interest in this partnership meaning it may not be in their interest to take a hardline approach

Not just sky tho, all the international money too, like dazn

Dazn stopped sending payments I read in early April, and they are the international provider for a ton

I think sky and bt locally would be easier to deal with, PL would probably have to give up some things, I read like more interviews on field, more access

May be true, but I would think it would depend on future CL qualification

If they do the coefficient thing and spurs are in he probably does want it stopped, they lost like 40m already just cause of the no nfl games next year

Hey guys, something you may want to look into for your Bundesliga capping: apparently Werder was ecstatically opposed to resuming play on May 16 and they vehemently advocated for pushing back the restart date. Apparently they're the last group to restart training and they at least are expressing the thought that they have a competitive disadvantage when the season begins

Hey guys, something you may want to look into for your Bundesliga capping: apparently Werder was ecstatically opposed to resuming play on May 16 and they vehemently advocated for pushing back the restart date. Apparently they're the last group to restart training and they at least are expressing the thought that they have a competitive disadvantage when the season begins
That was mentioned in the athletic article

Merkel’s cautious timeline would have pushed back the league to May 22 but in a second version of her proposal released mid-morning on Wednesday, the “two-week” requirement had crucially been removed. Some states — Bremen and Rhineland-Palatinate — continued to argue for the two-week quarantine right until the end of the three-hour meeting but a more bullish approach won the day.

Sounds like they had a big meeting today to go over the fixture list, I.e when to start

Do they just start at game week 26, or where it would be now 34, or do they make a brand new list to limit travel at start

Honingstein said there should be 3 midweek weeks of games since they want to finish the league cup by end of june

Players tested twice a week

This article is basically saying that Bremen preferred May 30 for the restart date and it goes into detail about the more stringent restrictions in the state and the disadvantage in terms of training opportunities.

This article is basically saying that Bremen preferred May 30 for the restart date and it goes into detail about the more stringent restrictions in the state and the disadvantage in terms of training opportunities.

The state prime ministers have all the power, and two of them soeder and laschet are prime candidates to replace Merkel

But all agreed by end of the meeting

I don't think France cancelled too early. Belgium and Netherlands cancelled significantly before them to set precedent.
I did see the Dutch would be back in action in September - however no fans allowed in stands until a vaccine is released. I'm not sure if the other leagues will follow, but I mean, how are the lower leagues going to survive with no fans? Serie A should be about the same I guess.
Hi KJ
and Billy and ManUK :shake:

Looks like FIFA has also allowed 5 substitutes to be made during a match. Not sure if this applies to Bundesliga but it obviously will be of more benefit to bigger clubs with significantly better benches.

Looks like FIFA has also allowed 5 substitutes to be made during a match. Not sure if this applies to Bundesliga but it obviously will be of more benefit to bigger clubs with significantly better benches.

yup , huge advantage to bigger clubs

I don't think France cancelled too early. Belgium and Netherlands cancelled significantly before them to set precedent.
I did see the Dutch would be back in action in September - however no fans allowed in stands until a vaccine is released. I'm not sure if the other leagues will follow, but I mean, how are the lower leagues going to survive with no fans? Serie A should be about the same I guess.
Hi KJ
and Billy and ManUK :shake:

Athletic had a good article about lower leagues . They generate a good portion of their revenue at the gate . I think we are looking at smaller rosters and probably some clubs folding

Athletic had a good article about lower leagues . They generate a good portion of their revenue at the gate . I think we are looking at smaller rosters and probably some clubs folding

Read in england that league one and below are basically being told theres zero chance they come back this season

Also sort of related, saw that someone was offering serie A 2 billion for 20% ownership of the league going forward, to help with any current cash flow issues

Same group tried to do same with F1 recently it was mentioned

Wonder if we see a bunch of clubs get approached with someone similar, people trying to buy in on some clubs cheap

Also another thing I saw which was super interesting

Premier league has been so cash rich lately cause of their latest tv deals, plus spending of the big 6

If transfers really do slow down, and/or the market resets a bit, that's an huge financial loss for some of the other leagues, who were used to hundreds of millions of euros being pumped into their league from PL clubs

Ya that's what I read, him and the Prime minister together

They want everyone to follow suit and are being told to fuck off

Whats I found a little funny was the opening up German Football was at the very end of a 3 hour covid-19 discussion and Merkel was basically like yeah whatever and left it up to the provinces/state officials

It does seem there is a loud maybe minority of people in England who really dislike Prem League Footballers because of the money they make. I gather its the 50 and older crowd.

anonymous premier players were quoted as saying they fell like they are forced to play football or they will be seen as overpaid babies

That doesn't seem to be prevalent in other Euro countries.

It does seem there is a loud maybe minority of people in England who really dislike Prem League Footballers because of the money they make. I gather its the 50 and older crowd.

anonymous premier players were quoted as saying they fell like they are forced to play football or they will be seen as overpaid babies

That doesn't seem to be prevalent in other Euro countries.
Yep, so many 'back in my day' footballers didnt earn these wages and the game was better type stuff

1763427754-bundesliga_grafik-3Za6.jpg

I know it was mentioned that Werder Bremen wanted to restart next week - my sources on the ground tell me Eintracht Frankfurt was also opposed to this weekend.

Just gonna live bet tomorrow, not sure how this is gonna go so nothing pre game for now

But I do think we see offense so as long as teams dont come out and play like the Italians circa 2006 should be goals

That being said there is precedent for this....I know there have been games in empty stadiums before, any idea how that impacts emotion? Fans pushing for goals and urging players I think makes a difference...I guess I’m with teed on love betting this because how are we to know who is sharper? I’d guess both O and D are slightly off?

That being said there is precedent for this....I know there have been games in empty stadiums before, any idea how that impacts emotion? Fans pushing for goals and urging players I think makes a difference...I guess I’m with teed on love betting this because how are we to know who is sharper? I’d guess both O and D are slightly off?

Impossible to really know for sure, but this Dort/Schalke match is a big rivalry , but with no fans who knows

Back