****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Before I start taking some biz calls again, briefly the other match

Both teams out of it and instantly that screams over to me. Defensive intensity should be nil, maybe a sloppy pen, they both likely just gonna treat this as exhibition since the result doesn't matter. Cavani might score 3 on his own, who fucking knows. But I love overs when the result isn't relevant and gonna live by that.

very surprised at both those teams

Me too ... sort of.

For the first 20 minutes of the game I was your typical bitter Italy fan, "Where are they going to get goals? This lineup is terrible. All they're going to do is sit back and try not to lose."

And then they shut me right up. Now, some of that was Belgium being strategically stupid. But Italy exploited it pretty much all day.

What I wanted to see from that game, though, I saw. Belgium has enough speed and skill to beat the ever-loving shit out of everybody else in the group. And now with a two goal GD they probably have to. Not to mention the pressure they'll be under. I think they respond.

Likewise, the only thing that should keep Italy from beating both Ireland and Sweden will be Italy themselves. If they know they're through, I could see them sort of dialing it back.

Thing is, I'm with you. I'd have Florenzi in there as well (in fairness, that's me being a bit of a homer, I love Florenzi) but let's say because half this lineup is now on a yellow they change it up a bit in game two or three. Florenzi plays at speed too. So I'm not sure how much dialing it back they're really going to do.

Honestly, I know Belgium didn't play well today, but I like both these teams going forward. And from what I saw in the first game, I don't like the other teams in their group much at all.

Which is unfair toward Ireland. They've got heart, but I don't think they're beating Belgium. And they may be able to scratch out a draw with Italy, but I'm not sure I'd bet on it.

I think Mexico can get 2 goals this half. That problem is that they only need a tie to avoid ARG. Hopefully MEX can score quick, then VEN pushes and gives up some counters on the back end.

You're going over 3 in Jamaica/Urg?

It's a rule of thumb for me Joseph

When teams have nothing to play for, they play for nothing typically. Like two bad teams that just wanna get it over with, do you really think the defense shows up? They obviously could, but hard to see why they would. Over all day in those kinda matches for me.

It's a rule of thumb for me Joseph

When teams have nothing to play for, they play for nothing typically. Like two bad teams that just wanna get it over with, do you really think the defense shows up? They obviously could, but hard to see why they would. Over all day in those kinda matches for me.

It's funny, I almost went back to qualify that question because I knew that one way to read it was, "You're going over in that game, REALLY?"

But I actually meant it very literally. I wasn't sure if you meant the next game tonight or the next game for whoever wins in the game you're watching right now.

I generally agree with you—IF those teams have offensive weapons. I haven't watched any of Jamaica, that being said, I may tail blind just for fun.

=)

It's funny, I almost went back to qualify that question because I knew that one way to read it was, "You're going over in that game, REALLY?"

But I actually meant it very literally. I wasn't sure if you meant the next game tonight or the next game for whoever wins in the game you're watching right now.

I generally agree with you—IF those teams have offensive weapons. I haven't watched any of Jamaica, that being said, I may tail blind just for fun.

=)
Jamaica can't finish
should have had 3 goals the other night

Jamaica can't finish
should have had 3 goals the other night

To Joe's point, they may not be able to finish. They truly do suck in the final third. But the resistance *should* be a ton less than their other two matches...I just cant see a Uruguayan side that is actually world class doing much to give a fuck to stop the weed. It's a match, and it's a flight home.

I only hope I'm right.

Back