• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

If they lose its going to be like a blindside in survivor

I cant see it though, im sure fifa will go back to corruption asap, but this one gets american journos off their back for a few years

Expecting a win, still pisses me off no games here cause of our provincial government, but seattle not far away and we may even have the new super quick train they sre building from van to sea to portland, with i think plans to have to go all the way down to LA or SD eventually

I'd love it if it was in Europe every 4 or 8 years! But to continue to grow the game I think it's good that they expanded in other countries. Just wish the 2018 and 2022 choices were less corrupted.

Morocco wouldn't be bad and I could get there cheaply. But it will be time to go back to America in 2026 after Russia and Qatar close to central Europe. And with 48 teams it's fine if Canada get in I guess.

I hope we get to see who each nation voted for after the vote on Wednesday. I imagine it will be somewhat close

We’ve had discussions on this at CTG but the World Cup should only really be held in a handful of countries ( England , Germany, Italy, Spain , Japan, US, France )

I'd love it if it was in Europe every 4 or 8 years! But to continue to grow the game I think it's good that they expanded in other countries. Just wish the 2018 and 2022 choices were less corrupted.

Morocco wouldn't be bad and I could get there cheaply. But it will be time to go back to America in 2026 after Russia and Qatar close to central Europe. And with 48 teams it's fine if Canada get in I guess.

I hope we get to see who each nation voted for after the vote on Wednesday. I imagine it will be somewhat close

So far:

27 countries committed to vote for North America

Afghanistan
Argentina
Belize
Bolivia
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
Ecuador
El Salvador
Grenada
Guyana
Honduras
Jamaica
Liberia
Namibia
Nicaragua
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Puerto Rico
Saudi Arabia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Suriname
Uruguay
Venezuela
Zimbabwe

17 countries committed to vote for Morocco

Algeria
Angola
Belgium
Cameroon
Egypt
France
Gambia
Guinea-Bissau
Kenya
Lebanon
Luxembourg
Myanmar
Palestine
Qatar
Russia
Serbia
Seychelles

According to the nytimes tracker

I saw an article today that USA joint bid is pulling away, but pretty sure we heard the same thing for 2022 bid

Need 104 votes to win. Today the nytimes tracker says 21 committed to vote Morocco, 27 USA-Canada-Mexico

The key factor might end up being those who vote based on how the bid benefits their FA. Here, you'd expect the United bid to have a decisive edge. Which may explain why many project it to win with anywhere between 110 and 140 votes. But there's plenty of horse-trading and campaigning left to be done.

kwese.espn.com/football/fifa-world-cup/4/blog/post/3523496/world-cup-2026-bid-will-united-states-mexico-and-canada-win-over-morocco

Boom , I’ll be at World Cup 2026

What’s going be Interesting is if they cater to Asian and European broadcasters like they did in 1994. I doubt they are going start games at 12 pm est in the summer time , players would revolt nowadays playing in that heat and humidity

Think I'm gonna plan a couple trips....maybe KC because I know several people there, assume that will be at Arrowhead. Nashville a real possibility....game in Miami wouldn't suck. Obv the Cali locations wouldn't be tough. Sucks to have to wait for the draw tbh...Denver not out of the question either

I don’t think Denver will get selected with Mexico City surely to be a venue , doubt they select two high altitude venues( the HFA for Mexico is going be incredible, feel sorry whoever is in that group have fun playing at Aztecs)

Why isn’t Phoenix on there ?

New Rams stadium will host final I’m almost positive

16 venues will be selected :

Here are my guesses

CAN: Montreal, Toronto

MEX:Guadalajara, Mexico City

USA:

Atlanta

Baltimore/D.C.

Boston

Dallas

Denver( maybe)

Houston

Los Angeles

Miami

New York/New Jersey

Philadelphia

SF/SJ Bay Area

Seattle

Arrowhead too old

Last edited:
I'm ok w/Phx not getting it, kinda want to travel for it and make a mini vacation out of it anyway...and we're just too close to LA

I actually think Denver gets one, I mean it's 60 f'n games and middle America has to be included. Naturally the NE is saturated and gonna guess Seattle gets a pretty big game (semis maybe)

You cut Nashville and KC completely out, you've really made it pretty regional without one region

US soccer needs to not do that

Denver isn't Midwest

If no Chicago, STL would have been the best destination city regionally but Nashville at least has to be in there...just assume the enthusiasm in KC for the game will resonate but you're right, infrastructure is an issue

so
Denver isn't Midwest

If no Chicago, STL would have been the best destination city regionally but Nashville at least has to be in there...just assume the enthusiasm in KC for the game will resonate but you're right, infrastructure is an issue
Nashville is in the south mate

Not as south as Atlanta lol...it's at least somewhat close to Ohio and in the central time zone

Playing games in June and July in Miami is a little ridiculous but can’t see them leaving an international city off the list

They should play Miami at Marlins park, climate controlled. That place in June/July was the worst I've ever experienced humidity

I have no idea really why people get so excited for the U.S. to host the World Cup. I get it, it's a big tournament held once every four years and doesn't come to the U.S. very often. But, a few things.
a- U.S. soccer sucks
b-The U.S. is spread so far apart, you are really going to HAVE to want it to see a big match. I mean, Houston MAY get a match, maybe two, which is where I'm local to. Can't wait for that qualification match between Peru and Senegal at NRG.
c-Ticket prices are going to be absolutely nuts. They area already stating the average price will be $400/ticket. Which means if you don't want to have to bring binoculars into the game, you are spending over $1,000 per ticket for a marginal match. If you want to see the U.S. or a quarterfinal or semifinal game, good luck.

Put me on record as saying the WC should be hosted in a European country 3 out of every 4 WC's (AT LEAST). It's so much more convenient as far as travel and proximity to stadiums. Suppose you support Germany like any intelligent fan should do. First match in NY. Quarter final in Seattle, Semi in Atlanta, Final in Dallas, gtfo with that travel schedule and making that work out.

If you're REALLY into the WC, it only goes every four years, so shoot the locks off the wallet and splurge for a trip to France or Germany when one of those countries host. Pricing will probably be about the same as when it comes here ffs.

Yeah, I know it's a huge advantage to the European clubs to host there and unfair to South America or Asia. Don't care. If you're good enough to win it all, location shouldn't make THAT much of a difference on a national level.

International soccer sucks as it is.
Pulisic gonna be late 20's by the time WC is here and only reason we qualify is we host.

Only saving grace is by the time it comes here, I'll only have to buy two tickets to a match instead of five. I'll probably go to one game just to cross it off my bucket list but would much much much rather go see Real Madrid or Barca or Bayern or hell even a London club or two then give a flying fuck about the WC.

1. Who care if us soccer sucks
2. It will be 48 teams , so USA would have qualified regardless
3. Who says you have to go to a trillion games , we have jobs in America
4 . Pulisic will be 27 and in his prime
5. I agree Europe should be in the rotation more

48 teams makes it even WORSE.
Can't wait for the Bolivia/Macedonia match in Houston. Rich history between both of those two teams. oof.

One other thing I forgot to mention, re: South American teams not having a fair fight in Europe.
I get it with them as their fans are very passionate and there are a lot of quality South American teams. However, I'm sorry, but their infrastructure/governments and economy just do not support hosting these events. By all accounts the WC did nothing to help the Brailizian economy, in fact it hurt it. Promises of tourism, construction, hospitality, just nonsense as the only one's making any money were the underhanded, shifty people/businesses that accepted bribes. Buildings not made up to code, unfair wages, and these stadiums sit vacant now, eyesores costing the government critical funds so as to not have more catastrophes.
I know I sound like such a cynic and elitist but it's the hard truth of it all. There are haves and have nots in this world. Fucking Qatar and UAE are more well suited to hold world cups by miles. People complain though because only the rich can attend. There will be state of the art stadiums with air temperature controls the likes of which the world has never seen. Wait till you see those ticket prices in WC2026. You think a guy making $50K/year is going to be happy about having to shell out $2,000-$4,000 to attend a single match? That's a family vacation money.

This man united champs cup game is like 20% full in sf

Wonder if these us tours are not a big deal anymore

People realizing its like 80% kids and reserves

Just the WC, it's been big

I know several from here that went to CHI for City/Dortmund regardless, Pulisic helped that of course

A few people are going to Miami also

Just what's the point when no one is playing? United/Club America was heavily attended here the other day for obvious reasons

Back