• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Not going to back Martinez, because it does appear Belgian squad may not fire at all cylinders with him at the helm, but people making such a big deal on this yet there is little to nothing said about deschamps who has done basically the same thing to Benzema. Benzema the best pure striker in France and for my money would pair much better with Grizemann up top then Giroud.
not that I really care because a) international soccer is a fucking bore, even the WC and b) Germany is going to win the entire thing again but still. Belgium has loads of individual talent that doesn't quite seem to gel. France has massive talent all over the place, but lets face it, it's France and without a Zizou out there, they are going to turtle under pressure as is their nature.

And as far as Emery concerned, I think the jury is still way out to say he will fail at Arsenal. To me, key thing is being able to manage primadonna players with huge salaries. He seemed to do quite fine in Ligue 1. To say he is going 1-0 pragmatic games I think isn't really giving him a fair shake. 191-57 gd the past two years in ligue one is pretty strong. And while finishing second last year was a blemish, that Monaco team was stacked with talent and they pretty much lapped the field this year. There was nothing left to prove there except CL and that's a pretty tall task for anyone, let alone losing a Neymar for a return leg vs Real Madrid. They scored 4 vs Barcelona, 5 @ Celtic Park, beat BM 3-0 and 3-1. They were a very attacking team and Cavani missed more clear cut chances then anyone in the world.
Arsenal need to pay more attention to defense because that is where they lack in quality. I think a year of PEA, Ozil, Mikhi, Lacazette really will gel together and make this attack formidable.

Domestic success in france with an unlimited budget comes with a huge asterisk

His team is worth and paid probably 10x more than the next competition

Hes also lost two CL legs he was pretty heavy favorites on in the 2nd leg

That’s worse than the Ronaldo one

Dd1LuTwUQAAbnlR.jpg:large

Decided that argies are going to really struggle

Group not great, not sure if nigeria good enough to beat them, but maybe a draw? And hope croatia does the damage

Messi might do it himself, but even though squad names looks great, their 4 best players after messi all play the same position where they only start 1 guy

Plus while romerl isnt great, willy sucks

There defense is the problem , they weren’t good in qualifying , and while things can change I don’t think they have it in them to tactically sit back against better teams( which I think they would need too) . I could definitely see them not getting out of group, but to be one of the betting faves to win this thing is kinda a joke all built on name

Looks like Fred to United is just about done deal. 50M euros. not my money, so who cares. Probably a nice upgrade over Mata/Herrera - assuming one or both are gone.

Also, looking over that Brazil WC team - that team is stronger than Germany this year talent-wise for sure. Not sure if they will gel but ffs,so many different formations with super versatile players. And I mean, if you play a 4-4-2, you could conceivably play Coutinho/Paulinho/Fernandinho/Costa mf with Jesus and Neymar up top. Not sure any team will be able to compete with that speed. Oh, and Marcelo and Danilo flying up the wings from the back. Casemiro can play defense too if need be.
Only real doubt would be central defense, but no David Luiz is addition by subtraction - you gotta figure the PSG tandem will start (maybe Miranda)

I'd tip this team to win it all. I'll root for Germany.

I met an English Liverpool fan a couple weeks back in Palm Springs , had a couple of really annoying kids , was that you Bill?

The big debate is whether I should hit the pool or watch this game. Deep down, I don’t really give a shit. Pool has bad service but I could try to stream

The big debate is whether I should hit the pool or watch this game. Deep down, I don’t really give a shit. Pool has bad service but I could try to stream

You have all summer to go to pool , plus you can still hit it after the game . This is a no brainer

Unless the wifey is making you go to pool and you are trying to justify it by saying you don’t care about game

We have a meeting at 9:45, two hours before kickoff at the bar ffs. Fortunately only a few minutes away

Mane gonna get a few chances

I’m interested in seeing how Klopp plays this game , everyone assumes he is going play a high line and press

sucks championship playoff not on American TV.....would like to degen and throw a few bucks on it prior to CL final..

that feels like 1-0 AV me thinks or even 0-0.... still probably taking under and maybe a little bit on draw

Why would he not?

Because it’s a big title game. These tend to lead to more conservative play . Real Madrid poses word class threats on the attack.

As a fan I hope he does , but also wouldnt be surprised if he takes the pedal off the gas a little

I don't think Klopp knows how to take the pedal off the medal and this is the perfect season for an upset w/WC upcoming and RM 3 times now

Just how I see it

Back