• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Could mean that they are ready to spend big this summer and need a manager with big club experience .. maybe it’s a good thing hahha

Yeah true but I was all set on the bold Arteta appointment and started to like it a lot.

I guess it's a good thing that Emery knows how to win the Europa League

I love the player, I hate the guy.

Got away with so many bitch moves toward his opponents/teammates because of his status during his career

Arsenal just hired their juande ramos

Nonsense, you don't win 3 Europa League in a row while being a shit coach. Not the guy I wanted the most but still seems like a good coach although I have read good and negative stuff about him so time will tell.

Also, if he can do a Juande Ramos and win a trophy in his 1st season in England I'll take it. He did better trophy-wise in a year than Pochettino in 4 years!!

Juande won that competition twice....

Emery is the same, so boring, pragmatic etc.

1 nil to the Arsenal is about to make a comeback as the motto for their wins

Belgian fans want martinez gone already

Pickes a disastrous squad, especially no nianggolan, who should be starting and wasnt picked cause martinez has a personal issue with him

Great Wahl has some new book out . Stars of Modern Soccer or some shit , and that’s the coach he interviewed..

Juande won that competition twice....

Emery is the same, so boring, pragmatic etc.

1 nil to the Arsenal is about to make a comeback as the motto for their wins
The guy sold isco ffs cause he didnt like the way he ran

Said like that yeah it sounds bad. But truthfully even the best managers make awful mistakes evaluating players; Mourinho letting go De Bruyne and Mo Salah, Pep at Barca when he couldn't splash world record money for defenders (Chygrynsky comes to my mind).

But it's not really a problem given that the structure has changed at Arsenal, Emery will not be alone in charge of the transfers like Wenger was for most of his tenure up until recently.

What's more, this season we were the 2nd best team at home, while away the defense was badly exposed leaking soft goals like crazy. No chance of getting back into the top 4 without improving the defense. If he can get us boring and solid away, then we will be better in the league.

Sucks for Arteta because it seems like it was a last minute change of heart from the Arsenal board due to fears over his inexperience. Let's hope he doesn't hold a grudge after this if in the future Arsenal decide to go the ex players route. Door wide open for Vieira as well in a few years if he does well in Nice.

No clue, they haven’t even hired the GM yet, but I figured it was always going be until after WC to see who is available

The federation is too focused on the 26 WC bid at this time

Always seems to be a top tier team that flames out or gives up on their coach in a WC.

I can’t imagine a guy like Kompany letting them do that , plus that group is so bad outside England , but could easily see a early knockout stage exit

The federation is too focused on the 26 WC bid at this time

I'm really curious to discover how that plays out, 1st time it will be decided by all nations instead of the fifa executive committee.

Apparently Morocco had 4 unsuccessful bids already in the past

Belgian fans want martinez gone already

Pickes a disastrous squad, especially no nianggolan, who should be starting and wasnt picked cause martinez has a personal issue with him
Not going to back Martinez, because it does appear Belgian squad may not fire at all cylinders with him at the helm, but people making such a big deal on this yet there is little to nothing said about deschamps who has done basically the same thing to Benzema. Benzema the best pure striker in France and for my money would pair much better with Grizemann up top then Giroud.
not that I really care because a) international soccer is a fucking bore, even the WC and b) Germany is going to win the entire thing again but still. Belgium has loads of individual talent that doesn't quite seem to gel. France has massive talent all over the place, but lets face it, it's France and without a Zizou out there, they are going to turtle under pressure as is their nature.

And as far as Emery concerned, I think the jury is still way out to say he will fail at Arsenal. To me, key thing is being able to manage primadonna players with huge salaries. He seemed to do quite fine in Ligue 1. To say he is going 1-0 pragmatic games I think isn't really giving him a fair shake. 191-57 gd the past two years in ligue one is pretty strong. And while finishing second last year was a blemish, that Monaco team was stacked with talent and they pretty much lapped the field this year. There was nothing left to prove there except CL and that's a pretty tall task for anyone, let alone losing a Neymar for a return leg vs Real Madrid. They scored 4 vs Barcelona, 5 @ Celtic Park, beat BM 3-0 and 3-1. They were a very attacking team and Cavani missed more clear cut chances then anyone in the world.
Arsenal need to pay more attention to defense because that is where they lack in quality. I think a year of PEA, Ozil, Mikhi, Lacazette really will gel together and make this attack formidable.

One other thing about Emery on his time at PSG, it seems like every big game they really came all out on attack and was awesome soccer to watch. All games vs Lyon, Monaco, even cup games, always seemed to have lots of goals/opportunities in them. Exact opposite when United play their rivals. I'd prefer wins over exciting games, but the lack of attack with this current United squad at times is distressing. United should be able to score a load more than they have the past two years. 122 league goals in 76 matches is poor, definitely behind all other top 5 teams.

Back