• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

I understand, but how long do they want to live in the past for? It could get them relegated

It's interesting, I wonder how close England is to getting another CL spot. Say Leicester moves on in CL and helps the coefficient (which I vaguely understand) it's hard to believe there isn't a benefit to keep them from relegation. Obviously this situation doesn't come up often, if ever, but it would seem to be beneficial to the league to keep them up if that happens.

is it possible leceister make a run in CL, sure though very unlikely, this isn't like Chelsea years back, Chelsea still had talent on that squad. This Leceister team can't even score anymore, any question Kante was the MVP of that squad last year

It's interesting, I wonder how close England is to getting another CL spot. Say Leicester moves on in CL and helps the coefficient (which I vaguely understand) it's hard to believe there isn't a benefit to keep them from relegation. Obviously this situation doesn't come up often, if ever, but it would seem to be beneficial to the league to keep them up if that happens.

Coefficient has nothing to do with how they perform in the domestic league so relegation doesn't matter. You also can't have more then 4 teams in the CL so they aren't getting another spot. Lastly, England hasn't done too well in Europe in a while. England sits in 3rd on coefficient, 3 points ahead of Italy. They are somewhat close because of the way Juventus does in the CL. Spain is way ahead (26 ahead of England) on coefficient because of the way Real/Atletico/Barca have done in CL and plus Sevilla winning Europa year after year.

That makes some sense gurv, guess I was thinking more of the chance they lose a spot to Italy. Remember teed bringing that up now

who wants to talk me off Benfica to advance?

I'm not a believer in Dortmund after watching them a bunch cuz of Pulisic hoping he'd become a star (not likely). They seem to struggle to score and starting off on the road even a clean sheet draw would be huge for aggregate.

(speaking of that clean sheet, Ederson isn't suspended for a CL game based off a red in his last league match is he?)

I think Benfica have a real chance to advance, not like Dortmund are in great form and while gurv may disagree, I really think domestic is the concern for BVB. I also don't think league cards have anything to do with CL, could be wrong but don't think so.

On the other note, remember Pulisic just turned 18, wouldn't fall off on him ffs. It's just under a microscope here. Not that it matters in this...

I also don't think a club like Dortmund just say fuck CL, so don't take that wrong. They've seemed to do well in general on the big stage and something like 2-1 would put them in a good spot, and we all know on any given night they can score goals. But they're leaky as well. Very interesting to see how that plays out.

Was concerned that Mitroglou was taken down early in the 2h the other day but doesn't look like injury, maybe just to rest him for tomorrow's match. He's kinda important.

who wants to talk me off Benfica to advance?

I'm not a believer in Dortmund after watching them a bunch cuz of Pulisic hoping he'd become a star (not likely). They seem to struggle to score and starting off on the road even a clean sheet draw would be huge for aggregate.

(speaking of that clean sheet, Ederson isn't suspended for a CL game based off a red in his last league match is he?)
I think you'd probably get better value if you just waited until the 2nd leg at Signal Iduna, as the line for tomorrow kind of leans either Dortmund 1-0 or a 1-1 draw. As for your original question, meh... Benfica didn't exactly set the world on fire during the group stage (beating Dynamo Kiev not exactly a sign of quality). Plus, with Aubamayeng leaving a foregone conclusion at this point, this could be BVB's last hurrah on the CL stage for a while, so I'd think the remaining players would be pretty motivated to see how far they can go. Of course, wanting and doing are two completely different things, so...

I kinda like under tomorrow, assume Benfica will do everything they can to avoid giving up the away goal

I kinda like under tomorrow, assume Benfica will do everything they can to avoid giving up the away goal

That's what I'm thinking with a Dortmund offense that hasn't impressed me at all, play for 0-0 or a 1-0 victory then just score a goal in Germany

Hugh if I wait til the second leg I miss all the value here and if I lose I lose anyway so I don't think it makes any sense to wait

just remember Benfica have made some moves in January, Guedes is gone.
However, they do have a very good set up with their Youth and Reserves. Benfica B is always a good place for them to pick up resources and they will have a stacked midfield.
Tuchel is in a pretty tough position, there's been quite a division between him and the fans.

I actually think the value is on the over. Benfica isn't a club that's in a position to worry about giving up an away goal, rather than to win. They play attacking football which could also collide with Dortmund who could very well counter. I think both teams to score would be a good wager, Benfica don't necessarily fare well against German teams and against teams who have a very good midfield. In Portugal, Porto and Benfica have to initiate the offence since their opponents just set up shop. Against better oppositions, they leave themselves vulnerable to counters.

Dortmund 60% possession, 5 offsides...and no SOG from either team. Not watching it but reading commentary sounds like Dortmund just in control

And Dortmund take him off, nice game dude. 5 offsides I believe, at least 2 easy missed chances that I saw and a missed penalty

Back