So, how good are the LA Clippers?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
They are currently 15-7 overall.

They have played more road games than home games.

They have made two short trips east already.

They 7-1 in games decided by 5 points or less.

They are 15-8 ATS.

The schedule gets a bit easier, as far as travel till their annual awfulness around the all-star break.

They are the definition of a team and can score with anyone it seems while still getting stops at key times, it seems.

Thoughts?

Front runners for Kawhi? I hope he stays in Toronto but guessing LAC is at the top right now

surprising the shit outta me...who knew Harrell was this good and doc could actually coach. (same as Celts last year, young hungry players don't quit and play hard every nite....so un-NBA like)

Harris is a legit player now getting his run of the team.

wild to see Nuggs and Clips reigning supreme in West thus far

They've got options late in games. Harris and Sweet Lou are ballers. Gallo is underrated.

That being said they've played only 6 teams above .500 so far.

They're 5-1 in those games with 4 wins coming at home, the other 2 games were both away at Portland where they went 1-1.

Their marquee wins so far are the Bucks and a Curry-less Dubs in Los Angeles.

Will most likely choke in the first round, they still have Doc Rivers after all.

They are deep, well coached and hungry. Most also get more touches of the ball than they used to, so they are happy about that.
Still... this is a long season. 6-7 place in the West and losing in the first round is my prediction.
Interesting that Denver and Clips, two deepest teams the league are in the first two places in the West...

You giving Doc props, Divol. Most overrated coach of our generation.

Clips will fall off eventually and be fighting for a bottom 4 playoff spot.

1. Dubs, 2. OKC, 3. Nuggz, other 5 places are a toss up.

Jizz will make a run and could grab the 4th spot, Rockets too.

League won't let Cramps not participate so the Lakers will get 7th or 8th.

Blazers probably 6th. Flippers and Pels gonna battle it out.

I think the main thing that is making the Clips really good right now is the lack of ego and superstar on the team. They have a 9 guy rotation where everybody works for the benefit of the team....very very un nba like....doc not as bad as you portray em, he has them playing above ability....he stresses d hard and with this group I bet he is loving coaching...put kawii with this group and his apparent team first act and they will be formidable. I think nuggs may be 2nd best in west but lots of games to play

Back