Season suspended indefinitely

What does everyone think about the eventual champion having an asterisk on their title? I saw Shaq say this last month and it might’ve already been discussed here

What does everyone think about the eventual champion having an asterisk on their title? I saw Shaq say this last month and it might’ve already been discussed here
This is a really good question.

I think he also mentioned that the Spurs win in '99 was tainted a bit due to a lockout shortened season? But you never hear a peep about Lebron's first championship('12) being in a shortened season.

Now, maybe a star gets the virus and has to sit for 14-15 days. That could change the series but it is like an injury. The narrative would be a bit different though.

If it is any team other than either Los Angeles team or Milwaukee it will feel tainted as those 3 are head and shoulders above the rest.

This is a really good question.

I think he also mentioned that the Spurs win in '99 was tainted a bit due to a lockout shortened season? But you never hear a peep about Lebron's first championship('12) being in a shortened season.

Now, maybe a star gets the virus and has to sit for 14-15 days. That could change the series but it is like an injury. The narrative would be a bit different though.

If it is any team other than either Los Angeles team or Milwaukee it will feel tainted as those 3 are head and shoulders above the rest.

yep, if its any of those 3 teams I don't think people will think its tainted

Windhorst said today that there will def be b2b in the first round of the playoffs.

Also, there could be as many as 7 games a day when they start out.

Windhorst said today that there will def be b2b in the first round of the playoffs.

Also, there could be as many as 7 games a day when they start out.
Windy told us NBA was canceled back in early April... 'any day now'

Athletic just posted an article...I'll cliffnotes in a min

– A plan to play 2-to-3 exhibition games before regular season
– 1,600 maximum people on campus
– Coronavirus testing every day; minimum seven days of quarantine for a player who tests positive
– Players and family must stay inside the bubble; families can enter after the first round
– If a player contracts the virus, the NBA says they plan to continue playing
– The NBPA told players 2020-21 season starting on Dec. 1 is “unlikely” and plans to negotiate the date.
– The NBPA informed players today that NBA/NBPA will conduct coronavirus testing every night, likely mouth swabs/light nasal swabs and not the full invasive nasal swab. Minimum seven days quarantine for a player if positive.
– There could be crowd noise via NBA 2K video game sounds, but the NBA and NBPA is still discussing creative opportunities
– Players are expected to return to full paychecks this summer, after taking a 25 percent reduction in May
– There is a proposed 35-person travel party limit
– There is an expected three-hour practice window for teams, with two courts and weight rooms in the convention center

next week they come out with more details on what is going to happen if someone test positive

I did here it argued that with how much of a grind this will be physically and mentally that there really should not be an asterisk next to the champion

Will Kawhi play B2B In the first round?

next week they come out with more details on what is going to happen if someone test positive

I did here it argued that with how much of a grind this will be physically and mentally that there really should not be an asterisk next to the champion

Will Kawhi play B2B In the first round?
That's the big question, now isn't it?

B2Bs are not new in playoffs. The 2nd round used to have like 4 of the 8 series play back to back.

In the NBC days they always wanted a Saturday / Sunday b2b with a high profile team if possible for games 3&4.

B2Bs are not new in playoffs. The 2nd round used to have like 4 of the 8 series play back to back.

In the NBC days they always wanted a Saturday / Sunday b2b with a high profile team if possible for games 3&4.

these guys today, pampered babies I tell you..

apparently the resort isn't the Ritz Carlton, so I know they are a little upset about that

then read the article, huh, could be quarantined

Upon arrival, all team members will be tested and then could be quarantined in their rooms for 36 hours. Daily testing will follow the quarantine period. The league is exploring the use of a saliva mouth swab to replace the uncomfortable deep-nasal swab often used for the coronavirus.

• July 31: First game
  • August 16 and 17: Play-in tournament
  • August 18: First round
  • September 1: Second round
  • September 15: Conference finals
  • September 30: NBA Finals

Think you can avoid NFL ( Sundays and Mondays) in the NBA finals . Probably will work with CFB on avoiding the "big " CFG games on Saturday

Once you're tested, you are negative or positive...

I don't understand the period after that if you're negative.

You'll always have the chance to catch it. It is what it is.

Optics, optics optics .

if my math is correct, that is 13 days to complete the 1st round, what is it usually 16 days ?

Nothing to do with this and it's well stated I think Kyrie is a huge cancer...

But Johnny flat earth can take a hike for all I care. I'm so over someone so who isn't all that significant..he has handles and can score. Without bron, he's never making it deep in playoffs.

Go. Away. Auntie. Drew.

As @braves kinda said...let's skip ahead.

Rematch Bucks and Raps and go to the LA series.

Screw Orlando....

Play at Staples out West and then figure out travel issue with border in East.

Private planes so no issues there.

The only team this could possibly screw is Boston in the East. I know one capper here who is high on them during the restart.

But fact:

NBA players don't wanna spend 3 months in a bubble at Disneyland.

Needs another model.

But fact:

NBA players don't wanna spend 3 months in a bubble at Disneyland.

Needs another model.

this really is the big issue imo....but no one is going really have sympathy for them on this

so we are hearing its Covid, the protest , etc etc etc

Back