Season suspended indefinitely

But fact:

NBA players don't wanna spend 3 months in a bubble at Disneyland.

Needs another model.
Most will spend about 30-45 days.

The rest shouldn't care as they will have eyes on the prize.

These guys mad they missing their summer.

NBA starting back with the no vaccine, no fans thing again (for next year).

I literally am fine with shutting this down till fall of 2021 at minimum..

The exodus to Europe etc would be insane.

Tell these flat earthers there actually is a vaccine right now but its being withheld from the general public to screw Trump in November. Then give them each a placebo, drop the Disney BS, put them back in the home arenas and play on. When they ask why they should play, tell them its the Floyd family's wish as a sign of hope for all the aspiring inner city youth. Let Obama give them the news and they'll believe it. BUT, they can't tell anyone or it will be denied.

Silver gotta blow some smoke up these chumps asses, make them feel like the special entitled people they think they are, then they'll play.

doesn't seem like Irving's point of view matches with a lot of players based on what's coming out today ( Austin Rivers)
)

Lebron did not take part in that Zoom call last night , he wants to play

Good, lets get this shit going.

as long as none of the key players from the Lakers, Clips or Bucks decide to sit out then I don't really give a shit who wants to sit out ...Carmelo Anthony doesn't want to play apparently, LOL WHO CARES

Tell these flat earthers there actually is a vaccine right now but its being withheld from the general public to screw Trump in November. Then give them each a placebo, drop the Disney BS, put them back in the home arenas and play on. When they ask why they should play, tell them its the Floyd family's wish as a sign of hope for all the aspiring inner city youth. Let Obama give them the news and they'll believe it. BUT, they can't tell anyone or it will be denied.

Silver gotta blow some smoke up these chumps asses, make them feel like the special entitled people they think they are, then they'll play.

Silver will not do that, and that's part of the problem.

NBA could really use Stern at this time. Silver I think has shown some weakness during this time. He seems very afraid of upsetting the players in anyway
Great point

Where's the story of him during 2011 lockout?

as long as none of the key players from the Lakers, Clips or Bucks decide to sit out then I don't really give a shit who wants to sit out ...Carmelo Anthony doesn't want to play apparently, LOL WHO CARES
Did I see Dwight was part of the group?

MLB: we‘re going to do the best job of alienating our fanbase

Kyrie: Hang on there, Max and Blake! I‘m highly paid, too, AND i wouldn‘t even play anyways!

Austin: No, you hang on there Kyrie!

It‘s good drama.

How quickly do these guys expect the social and racial issues to be fixed in as well

Kyrie and melo think this shit gonna get locked up by november for next season? Will take decades

So if that's the reason... and if it's actually, more power to him and hes gonna make a big difference donating his millions to a cause, but i guess you had a great career

Do I think thats the reason, no, he thinks the fucking earth is flat, hes a moron who definitely thinks of himself as a 'free thinker' who is just looking for attention

I dont think this lasts tho, hes never been able to lead anyone into late june

Would have to cancel the season 5x over before the racial and social issues are fixed.

Sports is and represents unity.

The world will never be perfect no matter how hard folks try.

Don't tell me the lack of distractions isn't half the cause of this big mess we're experiencing.

Dwight is now coming out saying he hasn't made a decision on if he will play or not..

If this really is about fighting racism, wouldn't playing give you the biggest platform?

Like BAR said, these players don't wanna give up their summer vacation. Shit is starting to open back up, these guys don't want to spend it playing basketball. Zero sympathy for these guys

Dwight is now coming out saying he hasn't made a decision on if he will play or not..

If this really is about fighting racism, wouldn't playing give you the biggest platform?

Like BAR said, these players don't wanna give up their summer vacation. Shit is starting to open back up, these guys don't want to spend it playing basketball. Zero sympathy for these guys
Dwight realized no one cares about what he has to say .

This isn't 2009.

How quickly do these guys expect the social and racial issues to be fixed in as well

Kyrie and melo think this shit gonna get locked up by november for next season? Will take decades

So if that's the reason... and if it's actually, more power to him and hes gonna make a big difference donating his millions to a cause, but i guess you had a great career

Do I think thats the reason, no, he thinks the fucking earth is flat, hes a moron who definitely thinks of himself as a 'free thinker' who is just looking for attention

I dont think this lasts tho, hes never been able to lead anyone into late june

I am using the NBA as my barometer now. Once the players start playing again it means racism is over and I never have to hear about white privilege, institutional racism or implicit bias ever again. If not, how can they play?? And they are clearly the experts.

NBA plays again = Racism Over

To be safe I don't think Harden can play he has asthma, that's a prior condition that covid effects...sorry

do they not already have the medical history of their players and coaches. Don't all these guys get physicals before the season starts
You would think...

But, I'd rather they go through again and check for stuff like asthma yada yada that could potentially be an issue for a player.

@B.A.R.

best guess , does this actually happen , a season.

I don't understand all the complications. Every Euro Soccer league is about to be up and running
Well, in the states we have UFC and PGA Tour and that is it so far.

Europe seems to be doing great as you said.

I do think the NBA happens. The little BS from Kylie last week will wear off and this season will get played out. It just needs to get started. They left all this time out there where people can come up with this/that to complain about.

As you are Teeed said..agreeing with me about them losing their summers...that really is it to me. Some of these guys are used to 5 months off every year (the guys who are out in first round or miss playoffs routinely). This year creates a problem with 1-3 month break between seasons. They definitely do not like that.

NBA players get paid like no other...stfu and go play.

Its clearly a bunch of bench guys who have no shot at the title who, like has been said, want their summer

Fuck it

At this point just invite the top 8 teams, not by conference just 8 total, and have 3 rounds

When the cap goes down 40%, take it out of the guys who didnt wanna show up

Back