• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

***Season Long NCAA In-Game***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boise receiver at the 1 yard line about to go in the EZ popped by a WSU defender and loses the ball. Cougs ball.

how does everyone like fleck up there? loved him at WMU... he brought over the rowing but did he bring over the "For Whom the Bell Tolls" with the silly hand motion on third down?
haven't heard much about the bell tolls stuff, but

People are cautious about the rah-rah stuff since Brewster was such a flop, but Fleck has proven he can coach. He's doing a great job so far and people love his energy.

People are cautious about the rah-rah stuff since Brewster was such a flop, but Fleck has proven he can coach. He's doing a great job so far and people love his energy.

That can work as long as it is authentic.
When that is contrived the players just laugh at it

go to about 2:00 in haha

All your boys do is win Ksimp
haha you looked to be in the right early on. Let me ask you in terms of quantifying data. That is two games in a row that USC is outgained yardage substantially but they converted short field turnovers to scores and obviously two kickoff returns and a defensive coach winning by two scores in the fourth quarter obviously not pushing it a whole lot.. Are the stats that skewed that far because of these things or are both of those games viewed as "misleading scores"?

All your boys do is win Ksimp
Got to think the fade is coming soon, I was thinking it would be a win here and then a fade against Kentucky but we will see what the linemakers think. First home game in WIlliams Brice with a chance to be 3-0 is going ot be roudy

Falk breaks the school record for career passing yardage and Leach benches him. Backup comes in and throws a shovel pass that looks like something Helen Keller would throw and it gets tipped and easily picked.

Can't make this stuff up.

Falk breaks the school record for career passing yardage and Leach benches him. Backup comes in and throws a shovel pass that looks like something Helen Keller would throw and it gets tipped and easily picked.

Can't make this stuff up.
should make for a couple good Leach soundbites in the post game presser

Deebo Samuel returning a kickoff for TD in consecutive games first two games is a school record, wondered how often that has happened nationally

haha you looked to be in the right early on. Let me ask you in terms of quantifying data. That is two games in a row that USC is outgained yardage substantially but they converted short field turnovers to scores and obviously two kickoff returns and a defensive coach winning by two scores in the fourth quarter obviously not pushing it a whole lot.. Are the stats that skewed that far because of these things or are both of those games viewed as "misleading scores"?

It depends how much of you think is actually generated by the team. And then you have to factor in game situations too. Stats can be a bit misleading when you are just trying to run out the clock and hold on to a lead while the team behind is scrambling for yards and scores. So I would say the turnovers have mostly been bad offense but the special teams is because of a special player. I mean you cannot count on that every game no matter how good the player or unit are but I wouldn't call that a fluke.

The boxscore with Mizz is pretty even anyway. Mizz slightly better in per play stuff but were also playing from behind the whole second half whereas usce wasn't asked to do much.

Of more interest is just to evaluate what you are seeing ... is the south carolina oline better than we thought? yes. Is Bentley good? good enough. Do they have playmakers? ya. Can they run the ball? Not really. Are the special teams good? yes. Is the defense playing well? they are certainly fortuitous so far but I think they are vulnerable.

So it all depends in my opinion.

USCe was the right side today. Missouri just isn't fundamentally sound enough.

Good points, I was just asking for evaluation moving forward but you raise good questions and answers about Bentley, Oline, and defense. Do I think the defense is better than expected? Yes. Are they still one of the weaker units in the SEC? Yes.

As you say not counting on the kickoff returns or the turnovers but rather trying to apply that to the situational stuff to paint a better picture but thanks that helps.

Good points, I was just asking for evaluation moving forward but you raise good questions and answers about Bentley, Oline, and defense. Do I think the defense is better than expected? Yes. Are they still one of the weaker units in the SEC? Yes.

As you say not counting on the kickoff returns or the turnovers but rather trying to apply that to the situational stuff to paint a better picture but thanks that helps.

Ya. I mean let's face it .. a lot of turnovers are very random, particularly fumble recoveries

True. Between the two games Cocks are +5 TO. 2 fumbles and traded INT against NCSt and 1 fumble and 2 INT today
right now i would say that is fairly random luck. But who knows .. maybe they are forcing them somehow.

People made fun of me the year lsu kept forcing turnovers for scores and had ST scores. They contended that LSU was just forcing that. The truth was somewhere inbetween ... I wasn't giving them enough credit for forcing the turnovers and they were giving them too much credit.
Pretty sure in this case that USCe is getting some fortunate bounces.

right now i would say that is fairly random luck. But who knows .. maybe they are forcing them somehow.

People made fun of me the year lsu kept forcing turnovers for scores and had ST scores. They contended that LSU was just forcing that. The truth was somewhere inbetween ... I wasn't giving them enough credit for forcing the turnovers and they were giving them too much credit.
Pretty sure in this case that USCe is getting some fortunate bounces.
especially the INTs i think you could chalk up to game situation. Both teams were down and throwing to get back in it. Definitely lucky bounces but one thing definitely continues... Gamecocks over the last two years have a really good ratio of scoring off turnovers.

especially the INTs i think you could chalk up to game situation. Both teams were down and throwing to get back in it. Definitely lucky bounces but one thing definitely continues... Gamecocks over the last two years have a really good ratio of scoring off turnovers.

I think they have a lot of decent pieces. But while their oline is better than i thought and their dline is better than i thought, i still think they are gonna lse that battle at the LOS to most of the conference.

They play hard.

I think they have a lot of decent pieces. But while their oline is better than i thought and their dline is better than i thought, i still think they are gonna lse that battle at the LOS to most of the conference.

They play hard.
yea the rest of the schedule is going to be tough. Coming out of 3-0 against Kentucky would be ideal because @ATM, Ark, @tenn, vandy, @GA, Fla is going to be a ROUGH stretch haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back