Saturday, November 10th Plays and Analysis Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
69-67 +0.05 units

Well, its crazy that we are through this many weeks already. Seems like yesterday the season was just getting started. I think this is the fastest college football season I have seen in some time. Its been a wild one as well. I feel fortunate to be where I am at. Its more like 4 units for season with some unposted stuff but that doesn't matter. Looking to close the season on a strong note.

Ohio St -15 -110 4 units

Feels like groundhog day, eh? First, lets ease any concerns. A good Tressel led team won't be looking ahead to "The Game". The last two years prior to Michigan Week the Bucks destroyed Northwestern. The used to have problems looking ahead years ago but I no longer see that as an issue. Illinois pass defense is terrible. A steady dose of Beanie and plenty of play-action to Robiskie and Co should make this game a total rout. Ohio St is showing some holes on defense but luckily Juice won't be able to take advantage at all. Mendanhall cannot do it by himself and I see this game getting real ugly. No scare like last season. Ohio St 41-10

Michigan -3 -110 5 units

This is how crazy this college football season has been. I fully expected this to be a great spot for Wisconsin this summer. Well, a bad defense and a rash of injuries have killed that. Michigans defense has gotten so much better week by week. I figured that in offseason but the first two weeks of September tempered any of that enthusiasm. Warren has been great as a freshamn and the front has gelled quite nicely. Michigan is not scared of any of the QB's in the Big-ten for most part. They have shutdown everyone for most part but hey Big Ten sucks so who knows..lol. Anyway, this game should be pretty simple. A lot of Henne haters out there but he had a great year last year and has shown us guts this year. Hart is hart. One of the great leaders at UM I have seen even though the ultimate goals haven't been achieved. Michigan should slowly but surely score well in this game. Both of the 'H' boys will be feeling a bit better and Manningham is starting to evoke memories of last season. Wisconsin will commit some turnovers and this is an early start in Madison. No unruly crowd...well unruly but not nuts. Prolly close for a half before Michigan pulls away. Michigan 27-14.

Thats the only plays for now.

I like Auburn a lot. The line opened +4 and is now PK. Hoping for some UGA action to push it back a bit.

USC is also on my radar as well

I have a few totals I absolutely love. All overs for those interested

Random Thoughts:

-AF got hit quickly. I have a feeling this is the Irish's week though.
-Michigan State with two heartbreakers..what team shows up?
-Arkansas got a lot of early action. Deserved?
-Still feel this is week Uconn goes down. They playing great though. Line is a bit high at this point
-JPicks, I read your BYU comment and totally agree now

Remember in capping..Look for teams going for bowl eligibilty this time of year

let's do this bro..ride or collide.

gonna jump on OSU too..hoping I can get a 14.

Michigan State after Michigan Game Last Few Years:

2006 vs Ohio St 7-38 (+14')
2005 at Ohio St 24-35 (+6')
2004 vs Ohio St 19-32 (+2)
2003 at Ohio St 23-33 (+6.5)

Granted, same team...but tough losses to Michigan 3 of 4 times and then some crazy things the next game

For informational purposes

well I'll take 3 and the fondy's of the world can drive it down even further and I'll play it even more ;)

Have to do it in the a.m. Don't think my local would appreciate the 1:00 a.m. call, but I know he'll give me 7 tomorrow a.m....Thanks...

i agree with michigan and the fuckeyes...these teams have been playing great as of late... looking into asu... good luck, my friend...:pillow:

Posted this question in Hunt's thread, too, but are there no worries about a look-ahead with OSU and UM this weekend?

liking no olsen or cowan ??? haha

thats a good thing for UCLA. rashaan is the best chance the Bruins pathetic excuse of an offense has.

the kid is fun to watch with the ball in his hand. for those that missed him vs. arizona, you're in for a treat.

Last edited:
The time frame of 3:30-7:15 Saturday may be too much excitement to take for me.

Talk about a pressure-cooker

Back later with my totals if I get the numbers I want.

Purdue

Just some thoughts on the purdue game u mentioned earlier. Looking back over the last 2 years Mich St. has had some bad losses. 2 years ago it was ohio state. they dominated the first half, then right b4 half time had a blocked FG returned for a td. they fell apart the second half and tanked the rest of the season. The same thing happened last year against ND. shoulda won, blew it, tanked the rest of the year. I know they have a new coach but i dont think he can turn around that mentality that quickly. they shoulda beat their biggest rival in mich. and blew it at the end. i say the trend continues and they lose by around 10 to purdue.

purdue -4.5

Just some thoughts on the purdue game u mentioned earlier. Looking back over the last 2 years Mich St. has had some bad losses. 2 years ago it was ohio state. they dominated the first half, then right b4 half time had a blocked FG returned for a td. they fell apart the second half and tanked the rest of the season. The same thing happened last year against ND. shoulda won, blew it, tanked the rest of the year. I know they have a new coach but i dont think he can turn around that mentality that quickly. they shoulda beat their biggest rival in mich. and blew it at the end. i say the trend continues and they lose by around 10 to purdue.

purdue -4.5
thats my intial opinion...still looking

appreciate the thoughts

What you have to like even more .... or in addition to msu mindset heading into this ... is that it is a get well home game for purdue..... msu plays bad on the road even when they are confident ....... and they match up badly against teams that have any ability at all to throw ..... last time i looked purdue could toss it around a bit,

Purdue will do whatever they want on O..and so will MSU but Purdue will cover lol.

What you have to like even more .... or in addition to msu mindset heading into this ... is that it is a get well home game for purdue..... msu plays bad on the road even when they are confident ....... and they match up badly against teams that have any ability at all to throw ..... last time i looked purdue could toss it around a bit,
I really lean Purdue this game but still thinking

Like all your picks BAR, can't really argue any of them. Tough to go against Tennessee at home, but McFadden and Felix should put up amazing numbers against them. So I think your on the right side.

I'm sure you prolly read this, but here's an article i found ....

The hurts keep coming for UCLA football team

Bruins can't seem to get a break when it comes to injuries.
By Chris Foster, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
November 7, 2007
The remaining bits and pieces of UCLA's football team took the practice field Tuesday, with the Bruins technically still in charge of whether they win the Pacific 10 Conference.

Then linebacker Reggie Carter hit the ground in pain, and running back Chris Markey sat out drills, and defensive tackle Brigham Harwell said he wouldn't return this week.

The puzzle that Coach Karl Dorrell faces in putting together a lineup seems to change by the minute.

Carter was hit by teammate Kyle Bosworth and rolled on the ground grasping his right knee, on which he had arthroscopic surgery four weeks ago. He recovered and finished practice, but it was another reminder how fragile the Bruins are at this point.

"[Doctors] told me if I wanted to be completely healthy, then I should have sat down for three weeks," Carter said. "I got to wait for the season to be over and slowly let it heal."

Other Bruins are in the same situation.

Harwell, who injured his knee against Brigham Young two months ago, has been trying to get ready, but said, "to tell you the truth, I don't know what is realistic right now. I'm just trying to get back healthy."

Markey, who has a toe injury on his left foot and a sprained right ankle, was limited in practice because, "we have other guys that need the reps because they haven't had any reps and we're trying to get them caught up with what we're doing," Dorrell said.

The Bruins are without quarterbacks Patrick Cowan (concussion, collapsed lung) and Ben Olson (knee). Leading rusher Kahlil Bell (knee) is done for the season and tailback Christian Ramirez (concussion) is out. Wide receiver Marcus Everett (ankle) is also probably out for the season.

While the Bruins' season seemed to teeter before the majority of the injuries occurred -- they were nearly completely healthy in a 44-6 loss to Utah on Sept. 15 -- the loss of key people has accelerated the descent. UCLA has lost three of its last four games.

"There are over 100 guys on this team, when someone falls down, you got to trust the next guy to step in and play just as well," Carter said.

Still, Carter admitted, "you sometimes think of all the high expectations you had at the beginning of the year, with all the guys we had returning. Then all of a sudden, you noticed that, 'Wow, there are seven, eight, nine guys who aren't playing who were starters.' "

All of which has become a bit unmanageable.

"It's outside the coach's jurisdiction," Dorrell said. "The medical staff and trainers and doctors say when a kid can't play. Even I say I want him to play, they make the determination on those things.

"We have to play with whoever is still available. I don't mean that to be a negative way to the guys who have been playing. They are getting chance to showcase what they can do."

Chane Moline and Craig Sheppard did most of the work at tailback during practice. . . . Olson did individual drills Tuesday with the hope he can be ready for the Oregon game Nov. 24. Cowan, who was injured in the 34-27 loss to Arizona, was at practice after having been driven back from Tucson. . . . Defensive tackle Jess Ward, out the last two games because of a knee injury, returned to practice and was expected to be able to play against Arizona State on Saturday.<!-- / message -->

Good stuff precise. Yanks actually was qouting this article to me last night.

Dankya for the post of it though for others to read :)

Dorell is too stupid to call any correct play that involves balls. The natural talent of Cowan, Bell, and Everett that won him games is no longer there. He can't improvise. They are my alma mater, but fade away. Can't wait for CBB. I have some ASU ML on a teaser too.. GL this weekend, BAR.

949339_sk_md.jpg

;) damn im pretty sure imma be against ur osu play. hate to be agaisnt ur big play on asu but i might have to hit ucla. good health as always son, best of luck wit tha other plays.

Back