Saturday NBA Discussion

Dunce415

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Saturday, March 14th</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/14
10:05a</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>501
502</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> UTAH
MIAMI</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>202½
pk
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>201½
pk </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>201½
1 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/14
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>503
504</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> CHARLOTTE
MINNESOTA</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>4
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/14
5:35p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>505
506</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> NEW ORLEANS
CHICAGO</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/14
5:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>507
508</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> SAN ANTONIO
HOUSTON</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>183½
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/14
6:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>509
510</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> LA CLIPPERS
DENVER</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>205½
14½
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>205
13 </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>204½
13½ </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/14
7:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>511
512</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> OKLAHOMA CITY
PHOENIX</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
why no line for the bulls-hornets and suns-thunder game?

who's returning from sick bay? peja? deng? durant?

interesting matchup for rockets-spurs

Houston is 3-0 to Under playing a home game as the 2nd of a B2B set.

The Spurs are 4-1 to Under off a SU loss since Ginobli got injured.

utah is playing good ball and i realize they are on the road and a 1oclock start..miami coming off a nice win.. i will bite on the jazz..at a pick..someone tell me why i should not take a healthy utah squad

utah is playing good ball and i realize they are on the road and a 1oclock start..miami coming off a nice win.. i will bite on the jazz..at a pick..someone tell me why i should not take a healthy utah squad

Because they are playing in Dwyane Wade's house.

will AK guard Wade?
AK has been coming off the bench but if he's in, he'll probably guard Wade. For starting the game, I think R. Brewer will get the nod to guard him. Either way though, I don't think either one can guard him. If it's close down the stretch, Miami has the advantage.

Not much to sink into on the surface ..

Utah @ Miami : The afternoon start definetly is better for the hometown Heat for obvious reasons . Utah does have payback for Miami winning in Utah back in December . Problem is Utah doesnt play Miami well historically 1-9 SU (only win by 9 laying 10 in Utah) , win in Miami or even cover ATS with Miami only 1-9 ATS L10 meetings. Actually dropping the last 8 ATS vs Miami ...Boozer , AK-47 and Harpring missed the 1st meeting and Miami has edged Utah the past 2 years in Miami by 2 pts twice !

Heat had 2 days off before this and start a road trip in Philly the next day while Utah has another tough game a 4th in 5 in Orlando. Line looks right to me with Miami laying 1 . Utah has been going under as they have high totals and now healthy are playing some defense while Miami is 10-1 Over L 11 at Home..Think 2nd H could be a good spot for the under..

Charlotte @ Minny : Think Under again but not much value in it . Bobcats have been under like clockwork lately in the 2nd H after 1st H Overs ....Wolves are in shambles and just tough to expect them to win again. One could say Bobcats cant finish but @ SAS and vs Houston not the same as Minny...Hostory points to Charlotte ...

SAS @ Houston: Probably have to lean SAS here . Houston B2B and both playing a few tough games of late but moreso Houston ....Nothing special here but the 3rd in 4 days should be a negative for Houston IMO .....Really SAS played a terrrible 1st Q they couldnt overcome vs LAL where Houston blew a lead in there meeting

NOH @ Bulls : Bulls return home and played solid @ philly and @ Miami but stunk it up @ ORL . NOH was unimpressive @ Milw today and hasnt looked that solid on this trip . CHI has some hop in their step at home and lean them..Sort of a must win for CHI who has 2 days off afterwards and hosts Boston off an 0-3 week ..only thing I hate is CHI beat them in NO but Hornets were shprthanded back then...Bulls at home means overs usally and the game @ Milw had a terrible 1st Q producing an under 198 ..

LAC @ Denver : Both teams come in with a lot of rest but appears Zach is out with a personal situation and Camby is questionable while Kaman has returned . Thinking LAC and Under though . LAC played them tight early in the year at home twice and DEN has NJN up next . WHich NJN beat them by 44 not to long ago. Camby palying 1st game back in Den if he goes as well ....Denver is tough at home but they havent looked all that good recently ..could go Den 1st H then LAC 2nd H as well

OKC @ Pho - guessing around -7 to -9 ...just cant roll with Pho for more then a half anyway . So Suns 1st H and probably OKC 2nd H ...Most importantly with OKC playing some better defense these days and Suns @ GSW the next day cant imagine they run up and down when they have choked in consecutive 4th Quarters . Clearly the Suns are suffering from depth issues , age and hectic schedule ......

Utah won't be affected by the early start imo. This will be their 6th day on EC time zone and they've already played an early game (TOR) during this trip. Not endorsing a utah play just thought I'd point out that the start time isn't exactly unique to them.

Actually think Utah is going to be tough for me to play on here . Look at this road trip and one thing stands out to me. They basically trailed all the games to start the 4th Q uarter . Inferior teams like Indy and Tor with no reliable scorers couldnt beat them in the 4th and were badly outplayed. Now @ ATLanta they played a crap 1st H and had a huge 3rd Q to tie it or go up or down 1 , cant quite recall...they lost when they couldnt win the 4th Q . Right now DWade and Lebron IMO are mirroring eachother in this scoring title war . Both are becoming unstoppable in the 4th Q ....

:cheers:

Actually think Utah is going to be tough for me to play on here . Look at this road trip and one thing stands out to me. They basically trailed all the games to start the 4th Q uarter . Inferior teams like Indy and Tor with no reliable scorers couldnt beat them in the 4th and were badly outplayed. Now @ ATLanta they played a crap 1st H and had a huge 3rd Q to tie it or go up or down 1 , cant quite recall...they lost when they couldnt win the 4th Q . Right now DWade and Lebron IMO are mirroring eachother in this scoring title war . Both are becoming unstoppable in the 4th Q ....

completely agree. I think the jazz actually break their b2b streak and lose to wade on saturday and win SU @orlando on sunday. they have never had the ability to stop a good shooting guard and with the way that wade is playing it'd be impossible to back them on saturday.

Miami is 9-2-1 to Over their last 12, 7-0-1 to Over their last 8 at home, 10-1-1 to Over their last 12 at home

Utah is 9-2 to Under their last 11, 4-2 to Under their last 6 on the road

line is right on for the heat game. its really a toss up. but do like the fact that jazz have been going into the 4th trailing. if thats the case tmr, miami will win most likely because its d wade's house and he is unstoppable and clutch in the 4th esp at home

Just got up. OKC game and first half. when OKC was beaten by 22 points they were caught totally off guard. That series had been all Suns but had been friendly. There was absolutely no reason for them to expect anything like what they ran into. Leason learned. OKC is playing with 2 days rest. This is the 15th game in a row for the Suns without 2 days rest. At this point they are a largely reactive team. The teams they play dictate when play is stepped up and slowed. when to play to win and when to let the suns get a quarter
Since Phoenix OKC has played 6 road games. They covered in the first half of the first 5 and did not playing 4 in 5 at Denver. They remember the last game at the Suns very well. Last 10 games the Suns are down 38 rebounds. Last 10 games OKC is up 57 rebounds. The real question here is who wins?

completely agree. I think the jazz actually break their b2b streak and lose to wade on saturday and win SU @orlando on sunday. they have never had the ability to stop a good shooting guard and with the way that wade is playing it'd be impossible to back them on saturday.

Actually thats a great reminder Jeff . I totally forgot how a few years back two guards would destroy Utah . Wow , actually shocked how that totally slipped my mind ...which probably explains the Heat playing so well vs Utah past 5 years ..

Think Utah wins the 1st Quarter and Miami the 2nd Q and 4th Q with the 3rd a tossup. Could see Miami losing the both 1st H Qs and winning both 2nd H Qs..:cheers:

In the Heat game some interest in Heat in the third. Would play them there if down or close.
Just noticed SportsNuts post above. This is somewhat of a mistake. Heat are a very good third quarter team and very poor normally in fourth quarter situations. Not something i actually want to talk about much but just last 5 home games they are 1-4 in the fourth and 4-1 in the third.

Heat banged up with Cook out and Wade , Haslem nursing minor injuries ...

played 1st H Miami and Under and also game under ...:cheers:

In the Heat game some interest in Heat in the third. Would play them there if down or close.
Just noticed SportsNuts post above. This is somewhat of a mistake. Heat are a very good third quarter team and very poor normally in fourth quarter situations. Not something i actually want to talk about much but just last 5 home games they are 1-4 in the fourth and 4-1 in the third.

Very true ..more an assumption on how the game might go then based on stats .

Thats why I said could see Miami winning both the the third and 4th Q but also they have trailed early as well in alot of these home games which they wind up winning . So they have to come out strong in third Q as well..

I cant play Quarters once the game starts so I am only guessing before it actually starts which is why our opinions seem different ..if Miami were up at half wouldnt like them in the 3rd Q but losing or tied would like them ....

Think your right Tuck leaning 2nd H over but did play Miami PK 2nd H. Should have stayed away from Miami 1st H since I expected Utah to win the 1st Q and only leaned miami 2nd Q...stupid me ..

GL

Hopefully you survive the fourth. :cheers: Got the over and got Miami and even put in a small parlay of 3rd over 52 with Bobcats minus 3

Prelimainary look at the Houston game. Spurs on 1 days rest or less for the 11th game pretty bad. Houston on their 14th game without 2 days off and playing 5th in 7 is unspeakable. Probably create an under lean.
Houston has an advantage in better general line up. Just a slew of tremendously talented players. Houston does not have Tracy. He has shot so poorly against the Spurs for a long, long time that you have to wonder why he was not just benched. This is big for them.
Yao and Tim. Not sure how healthy Tim is but Yao played over 37 last night. In a 5 in 7 spot how much does he have tonight? Houston off a home loss 2 games ago hard to expect they lose but we have Revenge and Spurs off a home loss as well. Really not an easy one to figure. Probably going to make a half time bet here. Tight games usually belong to the best coach which is Pops but betting against Houston here would still be very difficult. if i do anything here will post at half time in this thread. May do nothing.

oh wow. played a couple very small bets including miami pk. in OT down 8 I switched screens asssuming it was over and half surprised that wade would get shut down like that in OT. turn back and its tied with 22 seconds left Utah ball. Now I see Boozer shit with 6 seconds left and missed?! very surprsing for a Sloan team, and now give Miami 5 seconds to win and get wade on espn....

bleh nm. double OT here we go. fml too cuz i'm playin wade in fantasy so watching what'll likely be a triple double with 45 pts and 4 blks and 3 stls isnt fun to cheer on

scratch that thought on orlando

ok wade. tou had a turnover leading to a game tying jumper leaving you with 3.4 sec to win this game. be my johnny flynn....

ok onfused. I'm only readint eh boxscore, but twice wade gets it with enough time to do somethin with it, and twice he shoots and misses a 3? wtf, does he not know he's dwayne wade and gets lebron esque calls?!

Think we have a 1st Half Under @ Orlando though and probably the 2nd H over depending on the situation (big lead or something either way)...

do not udnerstand why wade doesn't just exploit okur defending the rim. him taking3s is just bailing utah out, esp with their tendency to foul

Even though Utah had a bunch of guys with some heavy minutes dont think this triple OT is that big of a deal. Probably a motivator IMO as they let this slip away. Had the same reaction saw Miami down 8-0 in the 1st OT and just said okay that looks a loss and didnt check back for a bit to see the 2nd OT nearly over and Miami up 2..

DWill played 51 and Okur played 53 which is somewhat of a concern . Boozer went 45 and you wonder how he holds up but he should be okay as well . Korver found his shot which is a huge plus and dont think 45 minutes is an issue...

For me Okur is the one guy I would look at with minor issues with Boozer and Dwill because of their injury problems this season.......

Great win though ...:cheers:

made a couple standard plays of Charlotte -5 and Chicago ML. NOLA last game of roadie, not too important imo. CHicago off 3 road losses, come home and have Boston coming, Need this one to avoid 5 game loss streak. Charlotte off 2 losses, and have that 8th seed in their grasps. They need this W and doubt Minnesota fights back too hard in an arena that should have about 8 fans attending. 2 simple plays of taking teams NEEDING wins vs 2 others that may not be so desperate.

also played Houston -1 and under 183 for smaller bets. Will very likely look at Houston at pkem spots at home. Under is a trend spot that I usually play of SA/Houston matchups.

hopefully dont post an 0fer day

After some thought laid 2 with Houston for .5 a unit. Lot of ways to approach this. Simple is just to say 1 team is 5-5 last 10 on the road and the other is 9-1 last 10 at home. Another is to say Spurs have a much easier job at OKC than Rockets at NO where they have usually been unlucky. When I looked at Houston at home laying 4 or less they were 6-3 this season playing good teams. When i looked at Spurs they were 6-5 getting those points on the road but just looking at the games you knew they were absurd games where they were not dogs. Big difference between Lakers and Spurs on the road. Still only a half unit job because of that 5 in 7. GL

Changed my mind from what I posted last night a tad....

SAS 1st Half +1.5 , Under 90 1st H and Under 182 game

Under 96 Bulls and Bulls +1 small plays , Between +2 and +3 -120 for Chi full game and Under 193 ...

Made a small play on SAS +3 -120 but hopefully they take the 1st Half and I will middle . I think Tuck has some points about SAS on the road although a few of those games were tough spots IMO. Duncan returns from injury and SAS had beaten Portland shorthanded and also played alot of games shorthanded and some others ...

Not trusting of SAS is what I am saying though .....so lookig for Houston 2nd H play ...:cheers:

Havent played the late games yet either but have Char -4.5 -120 small and Over 190 medium in the Wolves game ...be back at that half I guess ..

Back