509 Oklahoma City Thunder
510 New Orleans Hornets -12 190½
8:35 pm
511 Golden State Warriors
512 Milwaukee Bucks -5½ 222
10:05 pm
515 Minnesota Timberwolves
516 Portland Trailblazers -13 202½

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Saturday, March 7th
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/07
4:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>501
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>DETROIT
ATLANTA
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>185
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>

</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/07
4:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>503
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>MIAMI
CLEVELAND
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>189

</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>

</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/07
4:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>505
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>CHARLOTTE
NEW YORK
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>

5:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>507
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>PHILADELPHIA
MEMPHIS
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>4
191½

5:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>509
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>OKLAHOMA CITY
NEW ORLEANS

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>190½
12½

5:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>511
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>GOLDEN STATE
MILWAUKEE

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>222

5:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>513
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>WASHINGTON
DALLAS

7:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>515
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>MINNESOTA
PORTLAND

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>202½

7:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>517
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>INDIANA
LA CLIPPERS

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

First glance...

Public dog alert with Miami... Looks too good to be true, but the last time Miami played at Cleveland with a bloated line it also looked too easy and they covered with ease so who the fuck knows? 9.5 in what's turning into a pretty decent rivalry? Wow.

Not sure why NOH needs to crush Okie? I wonder if Chandler is pissed at the team physician and takes it out on the players lol

Over in Milwaukee?

ATL, assuming they lose and Detroit wins tonight?

Boston up 14 in the fourth. If they hold Cleveland looks very good to me. Cleveland Miami is a rivalry similar between a domesticated tabby and a sabertooth.
In these b-b, Cleveland just wins and covers pretty much like a force of nature. Miami got their road split and have some very tough teams ahead at home. Feel them getting very sleepy. Very sleepy tomorrow while Cleveland pulls them into small pieces and says "Good to the last drop". If Cleveland pulls out a win. Not sure, the win would be so huge hard to tell then.
Were there any injuroies to Cleveland players in the game. Thinking Cleveland as a2 unit play here. Feedback on injuries wanted. Might want to get at least 1 unit down immediately.

Last edited:
Charlotte off an Over result, 3-1 to Over their last 4, and easily went Over their last game vs a run 'n gun team (GS - 221 pts) recently, and NYK with 10 million Over results their last wad of games (13-2-1 to Over to be precise, both Unders falling short by a basket) - how could anyone be scared of taking Over in this fixture?

curious to see the total on wiz and dallas and if butler plays, he had been listed as probable for the spurs and sat out..

Stay away from G.S. until you know who's playing. Tonight they played without Andres Biedrens, Steven Jackson, Corey Magette, and Monta Ellis. Pretty much our whole team. Thinking about laying the 5.5 with Milw right now.

Just wait. If he pulls another no players the Bucks cover any line but if he puts the Marines in GS is the play.

Saturday ..

No line yet because of Nate's status I assume but have to like the Knicks here IMO. Pretty much nailed the Char game tonight hitting CHAR 1st H and game plus ATL 2nd H and Under . I guess I feel like Char is getting very predictable and the chaos of the post all break is going to start to catch up to them soon. I am thinking here is going to be the 1st misstep. Knicks to are prone to giving back leads but think on the road Charlotte wont have enough left in the tank against an equally motivated team. Little concerned about the fact NYK has a decent series win streak going including 2 narrow wins this season. I wouldnt make NY more then -1.5 w/o Nate so will have to look and see what we get ..

Char had played 8 games in 12 days after the break and then got some rest with 2 day breaks sandwiched around the Bulls game . They get some time off before they play @ SAS as well. While NYK is playing just its 2nd game of March with 2 days rest and starts a road trip after this . Which winning on the road is an issue for them. Also like the OVER alot but somewhat curious about the slow 2nd H's last 2 games by CHAR...just bad big lead basketball maybe ./?

Heat and Over,, despite the fact that CLE is off a loss and Miami of a trip to Toronto just think CLE is running thin now...they find a way to win by 5 pts IMO

Probably prefer the streaking NOH here but certainly the Under w/o OKC 2 main scorers....think NOH settles in around 98-104 and with an ATS win thats an under so nice home dd fav to under parlay possibly

Hawks and Pistons its certainly tough to fade Det but its still tough to win in ATL and if this drops will be interested in the home team. However should be dam ugly scoring wise and would be suprised to see low to mid 80s type game ...Under 185 ....

Havent really looked it at much but Sixers as road chalk not exactly exciting me ..probably another under look ...1st H memphis ? Memphis is coming back from the WEST though

In Milw that Bucks game should hit 240's....Over 222....

Blazers not playing real well and Minny getting 13 with telfair playing is of interest ....again under looks interesting but both teams kinda extreme types ..:cheers:

Large disagreement on Cleveland and strong interest in Detroit. Am hoping I can play Knicks but that has not happened yet. Think listening to this the spread will actually go down for Cleveland but will be hitting them assuming no injuries regardless as a strong play.
Atlanta is playing worst 5 in 7 and since they started winning Detroit has not shot worse than 47% so simple vengeance with better rest against a team not playing very well looks good to me. Under in NO at first glance does look good. OKC has strong issues with the Sixers as NO does with Atlanta and the OKC NO relationship might be a little odd.
These are the next home games for Miami
Chicago, Boston and then Utah can they afford energy in a loss before these home games?
then they play away at Philadelphia and Boston. This is not easy. Cleveland looks ahead to the Clippers.
It is 5 in 7 for Cleveland that is true. May reduce but will be on Cleveland for a normal play at Least. This year at home after a loss the smallest margin of victory was 14. At home vs NO playing worst 3 in 4 after an overtime loss they won 92-78 in a game where they were a 2.5 point favorite so the line maker really has not had a handle on them in this spot.

Last edited:
Nut, what do you think Knicks will open at ?
I'm thinking -3.

Thinking Char is kinda hot now and would suspect -1.5 or -2 w/o Nate and -3 or -3.5 with him. Well I am hoping more like NYK -1 to be honest and dont want to lay more then -2 w/o Nate so maybe my opinion is clouding my judgement ..:shake:

Guess we find out at 10:45 AM.

ATL might be w/o Josh Smith. I guess him and coach got into it and he didn't play the 2H. Probably some insubordination or something.

Thinking of the Cha/atl game I instantly have leans towards the hawks and knicks tomorrow. Has to be a bit demoralizing for the Cats that they led by so many in the 1st half to only hang on down the stretch. ATL is a different team at home w or w/out Smith. Bibby is the catalyst imo.

Large disagreement on Cleveland and strong interest in Detroit. Am hoping I can play Knicks but that has not happened yet. Think listening to this the spread will actually go down for Cleveland but will be hitting them assuming no injuries regardless as a strong play.
Heat are playing worst 5 in 7 and since they started winning Detroit has not shot worse than 47% so simple vengence with better rest against a team not playing very well looks good to me. Under in NO at first glance does look good. OKC has strong issues with the Sixers as NO does with Atlanta and the OKC NO relationship might be a little odd.
These are the next home games for Miami
Chicago, Boston and then Utah can they afford energy in a loss before these home games?
then they play away at Philadelphia and Boston. This is not easy. Cleveland looks ahead to the Clippers.
It is 5 in 7 for Cleveland that is true. May reduce but will be on Cleveland for a normal play at Least. This year at home after a loss the smallest maargin of victory was 14. At home vs NO playing worst 3 in 4 after an overtime loss they won 92-78 in a game where they were a 2.5 point favorite so the line maker really has not had a handle on them in this spot.

Good stuff . Did have interest in Det but the fear of that line dropping to -1 is what had me thinking I may wind up on ATL. Agree that DET is the better team no but their bench scares me not that ATL has one...

I just think CLE is getting worn down and alot talk about Lebron not stepping up in big games here (not by you ). Think they overlooked the stretch where he was dropping 50 pts per every road game for 4 or 5 contests..Cavs bench is struggling a tad which is what scares me about laying points.

Maybe you will agree with me here but I dont expect the so called public to be on Miami tmrw because they have totally been misreading CLE games of late . We know they were laying those points in Houston but probably gun shy about it in SAS which was a much better spot to . They liked the points in Miami , thought the points in CLE were attractive and today thought the line was off in Boston. I have to think that there will be the CLE is off a SU loss mentality tmrw..

Now as far as rest I kinda think Miami has been in a low stress 5 in 7 . Since the break they played on the 18th , 21st , 22nd ( @ ORL) , 24th , 27th(@ ATL) and 28th in Feb . March 2nd , 4th , 6th and 7th ...

So they had the AS break and didnt play 1st day back(Tuesday) . Home loss to Minny then 2 days off before the b2b which I think was not very draining since the ORL game was pure blowout . Also the whole travel schedule was trip to Orl then ATL not very far . So anyway after the Orl beatdown which was half ass game they had a day off before again playing. Then 2 days off before game @ ATL then host NYK. Again day off the game , day off the game , day off then b2b set . So only 3rd b2b since the break and the first two b2bs gave them 2 days off rest before ...with now the 1st two away games in March with the long trip to Tor then CLE.

Cle didnt haveit to tough out the break either :
18th , 20 ,22nd , 24th which is why I think the 4 in 5 days away didnt hurt them that much at the time . Which the 18th and 20th were @ Tor then @ Milw before returning home for 2 games. Now the 4 game trip in 5 days 26th, 27th , 1st , 2nd all tough games . Come home after a day off host MILW in a game they coasted in , day off , travel for a key game @ boston , now back to host Miami..

So they played 4 games in 5 days away, day off , play Milw , day off , @ Boston , host Miami . They essentially travel for each game . So this is not just 5th in 7 days but its actually 7th game in 10 days with no consecutive venues(8th game in 12 days) . So far they have played away 7 times in the 10 games since the break while this is Miami just 4th game . They havent had 2 days off at all while Miami did twice !

this is why I think with each game CLE was drained a tad more and this is the end of it as they finally get 2 days off after this . Miami is playing 6 in 9 days which isnt the greatest but had 2 days off before it started and didnt travel as much as Miami has...

Miami's bench Cook and Beasley especially young guys playing well of late . Look what CLE bench did today and just imagine Joe Smith wasnt signed. Now series history is always showing competitive games and we know with the scoring title at stack that Wade is going to bring it here . he did play 40 minutes but no other Miami starter cracked 30 minutes unlike CLE who tried to ride Mo Williams and Lebron...think weighing favorably for CLE is that even after they head out west in 2 dsys they start @ LAC..

So CLE will probably win SU but dont see the A game effort here to beat them by DDs unless Miami is just cold shooting . Even while CLE is hot at home ATSgoing 11-1 SU and 10-2 ATS the level of opponents is very and stress very soft of late . The non cover was SAC and the Memphis game was bewteen 13.5 and 16.5 at times decided by 15 pts. They lost SU to LAL .

Milw , Memphis , Det , Suns , Tor , LAC , Sac , NOH , Boston , Char , Chi ...

Look at the last 7 home opponents all teams who are bad or playing bad at the time. Suns were right before the break where they struggled and wound up firing Porter and DET was in the midst of its titanic like sinking . Who else was supposed to give them a game ?

Naturally I agree with you in what CLE is capable of and has happened already . I just think this is the spot where all the stuff adds up to an overload making past situationally stats less relevant . Think Miami battling for that 4 seed has some momentum behind them now...I like the fact CLE needed to shoot 11-17 from three and Miami beat them 15-10 on the offensive glass..22/25 FTs as well ..

Overall 2nd unit is not helping them IMO ..:cheers:

Thinking of the Cha/atl game I instantly have leans towards the hawks and knicks tomorrow. Has to be a bit demoralizing for the Cats that they led by so many in the 1st half to only hang on down the stretch. ATL is a different team at home w or w/out Smith. Bibby is the catalyst imo.

Actually take away the 1st Q in Charlotte and they didnt play all that well IMO. They just put ATL in a big hole and while they clawed all night they could never dig out of it fully. Hawks made it a 2 pt game about 4 minutes into the fourth ...think down 15 after the 1st Q ..:cheers:

Actually take away the 1st Q in Charlotte and they didnt play all that well IMO. They just put ATL in a big hole and while they clawed all night they could never dig out of it fully. Hawks made it a 2 pt game about 4 minutes into the fourth ...think down 15 after the 1st Q ..:cheers:

exactly why i think that it's a catalyst for both of them having opposite results on saturday. :shake:

exactly why i think that it's a catalyst for both of them having opposite results on saturday. :shake:

We are saying the samething in a different way. I think most of CHAR win streak is flawed which is what I was trying t say about the game today . They win in SAC and honestly SAC had a late rally but the Bobcats coasted . After that they outhustled uhm GSW and LAC for narrow wins . Which considering it was the end of long west coast trip was imppressive but two teams headed backward. Bulls just cannot win a game on the road so how should we rate that and they had some payback vs ATL already down 3-0 in the season series . Which quick start up 15 then -6 , +1 and -3 the rest of the quarters ....

Just trying to reiterate I agree with fading CHARLOTTE so long as they give us a decent number...Bobcats could be favored wouldnt suprised me to see them -1.5 w/o Nate....:cheers:

a
Atlanta last 10 at home 5-5 su and 5-5 ats

Atlanta's last 5 wins were beating Washington, Miami at home, Kings away, Detroit away at a time when they were dying and Washington again. Sorry not impressed.

a

Atlanta's last 5 wins were beating Washington, Miami at home, Kings away, Detroit away at a time when they were dying and Washington again. Sorry not impressed.

Come on. The hawks have played 12 of their last 16 on the road. I don't care who their last 5 wins were against. They're 4-1 ATS last 5 home games and that covers since January 30th. They've only had 4 games at home since February 1st. They lost by 1 @CLE, won @MIA, lost by 1@DEN all since the ASG. I'll cut them some slack and recognize that they're 2-0 ATS at home since the break and had an incredibly tough road trip out of the gates from the ASG. The fact that the road legs caught up with them @NY and @CHA won't alter my opinion that they're just fine at home.

a

Going to be hard the more I look at it to pass on DET despite the fact ATL played fairly well in Charlotte . Det had 2 days off before today and played about a half of ball. ATL is 2-0 against them this year and also just won @ DET before the break. So incentive certainly there. Also think Det was like 7-1 before this season vs ATL and well they are back to that style baksetball ..

At least interested in DET 1st Half..:cheers:

Already took the plus 3 which I expect to see gone soon. C
concerned about Knicks Bobcats. This does not look good. Knicks have beaten the Bobcats 4 in a row and 2 this year and are playing Nets the next day. Knicks the team that spat at Brown. Have a future bet on the Knicks and zip on the Bobcats but situation does not read well at the moment. Felton and Diaw provide 23 asts. Bobcats were slowing down because they were thinking about NY.

Bobcats stumbled some vs Chi late 3rd Quarter as well but recovered more easily . Think today minus the 1st Q they were outplayed clearly and by a wide margin. Series history is a concern for me but think Char has always had this trend of struggling in the 2nd Half. They always play well one half whether fav or dog but rarely play good for both halves..

CHA has 2 days rest after playing NYK, then has the Spurs away & Rockets at home. Their playoff aspirations won't allow 0-3 here.

BC, the only disagreement i see with what you just said is the inference that they will lose the last 2 games. This is still the team that took out the Lakers in LA

I'm not saying they couldnt win one of the other games, but I also think you & I know they won't look at these 3 games and think they'll win all 3. So if any one of these games was to get a pass effort from them, I'm guessing the middle one would, not their next one.

Anyone else think Philly shouldn't be laying 4* on the road.

Sixers can't hit from the 3 point line. I'd double Miller at the key to stop his penetration and dare them to hit jumpers all night. Yag now back in lineup w/ Mayo, plus younger Gasol stepping up. Conley is a bit dinged though.

Going to be looking at that but not there yet. First bet was detroit plus 3 for a unit. Second bet was Cleveland minus 9 with Reduced vig for 1.5 units.

Recent home games for Dallas show a big reversal. They cover first half bets. If they run into trouble they blast the opponent in the third. Only the fourth quarter might be a safe place for the Wiz today.

Bobcats first quarter plus 1 and first half plus 2. Knicks have been extremely bad in the first quarter and very bad in the first half. Bobcats usually the reverse. If you play the Knicks the second half seems best. Not sure where I will be there.

Bobcats first quarter plus 1 and first half plus 2. Knicks have been extremely bad in the first quarter and very bad in the first half. Bobcats usually the reverse. If you play the Knicks the second half seems best. Not sure where I will be there.

:cheers: My thoughts exactly. Have Cha first half and will bet the Knicks 2nd half.

i'm leaning toward Cleveland because they oughta be pissed about last night's trouble in Boston, especially LBJ. The C's gameplan seemed to be to make LBJ shoot, and he had a miserable night despite emerging with 20 or so points. I think he will play VERY well tomorrow, especially because of the DWade thing, but more because of the way Boston treated him last night on the offensive end. In addition, Mike Brown put up the white flag early and rested the starters in the 4th before the game was completely in doubt, imo, and even sat LBJ for longer than i expected in the 2nd quarter.

...i also lean to OKC because i don't think NO should lay DDs to anyone. They lose SU at home more than any team i've watched except the Nets, and i think the Thundercats organization has a weird relationship with the Hornets taking the Chandler deal before he failed the physical. Not sure they want to win by 20 here, but i'm a little concerned if KD and Jeff Green are still out.

great thread as usual guys

Any word on Don Nelson's "injuries" tonight...Bucks line jumped from 5.5 to 8. If Ellis and Jackson are out anything less than 9.5 is a go for me...tailing b.a.r. On Hawks and Pacers too. Both make sense...

Back