Saturday Discussion Thread

o's just squeaked out gm1, so far the price today sticking up in the -170s where it belongs, glad got away with the W and don't have to chase! funniest thing is the offense did kinda fall for the oakland trap but the pitcher im sure the analytic die hards were fading to push that line down to a playable number was great! its crazy analytics not only a great tool but the ppl who treat them like gospel help create value in lot of games i bet fading their asses!! can't treat anything like absolutes in this game, i've seen this crowd fade the same pitcher for a year getting beaten like a ugly step child all the way but the minute he has a bad game they jump out screaming "see regression!"" , lol. anyways no balty for me today unless price comes crashing down into the -150s.

Cole's stat line was finally respectable last start but that was against jay's messed up offense! i have no clue how he looked, was he closer to his old self or just skated by getting away with diminished stuff and control? can't really trust yanks offense to put up many runs right now so i don't see how to back him at this number? Winckowski has not only been fantastic last 2 times out but he has thrown around 90 pitches in both so he appears stretch out enough this not an opener for sox, for me it boston or nothing.

i can't help but like stros as dogs, had they not started the season so awful there no way this line sits where it does imo. i don't care what happened the 1st 2 months, think injuries played a big role but doesn't matter, all i care bout is they playing more like a playoff team than anyone else in the al west! not to take anything away from twins but imo they just not quite on stros level.

Hunter Brown has been freaking fantastic the past month+, it been vs a lot of bad offenses but gotta wonder if he finally figuring things out? the talent never been a issue. He is still walking more than i'd like to see which easier to get away with when facing bad teams, so that is def a concern but he has posted very good numbers vs twins hitters. Ryan continues to be solid but a couple stros have teed off on him a bit and they got him for 5 runs over 5 innings in houston at 1st of june hitting 4 bombs. in 4 starts he has a ers over 8 against these guys and not sure much will change cause he loves throwing that high fastball and stros have guys that handle that pitch well. stros plus money for me.

Already hoping on Phillies again at -105. I expect Suarez to bounce back after his last outing against the Fish. If this is a trap and it losses so be it. At that price with the best record in MLB is a no brainer. This is not the same Braves team obviously. I know still 2 games to go out of this series, but if the Braves expect to gain any ground it may have to be over these next two games to get the wheels moving.

i can't help but like stros as dogs, had they not started the season so awful there no way this line sits where it does imo. i don't care what happened the 1st 2 months, think injuries played a big role but doesn't matter, all i care bout is they playing more like a playoff team than anyone else in the al west! not to take anything away from twins but imo they just not quite on stros level.

Hunter Brown has been freaking fantastic the past month+, it been vs a lot of bad offenses but gotta wonder if he finally figuring things out? the talent never been a issue. He is still walking more than i'd like to see which easier to get away with when facing bad teams, so that is def a concern but he has posted very good numbers vs twins hitters. Ryan continues to be solid but a couple stros have teed off on him a bit and they got him for 5 runs over 5 innings in houston at 1st of june hitting 4 bombs. in 4 starts he has a ers over 8 against these guys and not sure much will change cause he loves throwing that high fastball and stros have guys that handle that pitch well. stros plus money for me.
Good Stros thoughts, Bank. Day game with Eddings behind the plate will have me on under 7'/FF under 4. BOL today brotha.

Cole's stat line was finally respectable last start but that was against jay's messed up offense! i have no clue how he looked, was he closer to his old self or just skated by getting away with diminished stuff and control? can't really trust yanks offense to put up many runs right now so i don't see how to back him at this number? Winckowski has not only been fantastic last 2 times out but he has thrown around 90 pitches in both so he appears stretch out enough this not an opener for sox, for me it boston or nothing.

That series was littered with tons of runs and hitting so Cole's performance may have been a good one. Tough to tell, for sure.

I can get a 25% boosts and I'm eyeing getting the Yanks at -160. I wouldn't play it at -200. Value for sure with Sox.

Winck WHIP of 1.39 doesn't align with his ERA. Something has to give.

Devers seems to hit Cole with ease, though.

That series was littered with tons of runs and hitting so Cole's performance may have been a good one. Tough to tell, for sure.

I can get a 25% boosts and I'm eyeing getting the Yanks at -160. I wouldn't play it at -200. Value for sure with Sox.

Winck WHIP of 1.39 doesn't align with his ERA. Something has to give.

Devers seems to hit Cole with ease, though.
You're right in that his expected ERA is 4+. His metrics suck too. That said, the Yankees are clueless right now, base running errors all over the place last night.

1720279661184.png

Do you guys ever tap into the no score first inning type plays?
Rarely. My problem with the no is that when studs are pitching they seem to be most vulnerable in the first against the top of the lineup and before they settle in

I do depends on what pitcher and game stats with teams playing. Last night I played Olson from Detroit and no score in 1st. He has a crazy stat this year. I think going on 17 straight appearances with no run on first inning.
Funny you say that, I had that game too but did not know that stat. I did SEA & TOR.

Going by Cole's and Boone's comments after the last game, we are seeing that good Cole. Winckowski's recent form has been good and the Yanks aren't hitting; also Coles's ERA with Marquez behind the plate 0.95 in 17 innings. Going under 4.5 +102 FF.

my freaking sim card in my phone went bad, guess i was on wifi so didn't know til i went across river then nothing worked. had to go to damn verizon to get new sim card by which point i was later to hospital than i told her i be. so nothing more for me today, staying night w theresa so not gonna drive all way to illinios then back up here. plan on being able to have more plays 2marro but i planned on having more plays today and that didn't work out! gl everyone

Reactions: KJ
Do you guys ever tap into the no score first inning type plays?

i never have but i def see merit in them just cause some pitchers def struggle early while some are better off before a team gets more looks. most the best pitchers id say lean to get them early or not at all, lot of avg pitchers like olson apparently are better before teams see what he got. lot of aces won't even show ya a few their pitches til later at bats, avg guys gotta throw the sink at cats right away to get outs. the inter league angle makes sense for no runs although the schedules have gotten lot more balanced, pretty sure you still see guys in div way more than others.

Going by Cole's and Boone's comments after the last game, we are seeing that good Cole. Winckowski's recent form has been good and the Yanks aren't hitting; also Coles's ERA with Marquez behind the plate 0.95 in 17 innings. Going under 4.5 +102 FF.

didnt see it or have chance to look at his pitch selection, velo, spin or any that crap, looks like his k's were up but he wasn't efficient at all and gave some runs up again. i try to listen to what players and managers say bout certain things but you can hardly trust those fuck in this kind of situation they ain't gonna admit if he came off too early or still isnt right. so far i've yet to see him look like the guy he was prior to this il stint. i got burnt on trying his k's a game or 2 ago, at this point think i gotta see a vintage outing from him before i buy in! i rather be early but not so much in this case anymore, lol.

Back