Saturday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
May 6 Sat 2023

Here we go again. These Mfers are making a 41 year old waino who hasn’t made a start yet -180! You gotta be shitting me! I suppose there a small chance they actually play a good game cause they do love waino in the locker room but cmon, this price is just silly! Don’t get too caught up in Turnbull not being very good, lots of mediocre pitchers are causing cards problems, he throws a slider so good chance he can hold them to 3 runs or so! Tigers are perfectly capable of once again keeping it close, they should be able to score as much off waino as turnbull gives up, minor leaguers been doing so! Then we get +160 against a suspect pen and crappy manager making poor decisions!!

Waino had a 6+ Era in 3 minor league starts :)

This is what our joke front office counting on to turn things around?

At this point I don’t know who the bigger idiots are. Cards management or oddsmakers who keep pricing them like a playoff team? This seriously some the craziest shit I ever seen!!

I wish berrios had one more good start last time out cause I’d love for this to be a spot to go against him. He doesn’t have great splits vs lefties so I think pirates switch hitters could break out this little slump they in. I dunno, Oviedo been struggling a bit also. I lean pirates but might just stay away.

Instantly gotta think over in Philly, Red Sox continue swinging the bats pretty well, I don’t think falter the guy to slow them down. Kluber has made some progress lately but I think Philly will hit him.

I was really hoping since Gore pitched for pads last year we woulda got a look at him in zona but no such luck. I hate playing pitchers making their 1st start in this park cause as I’ve said many times I have heard some talk about having grip issues thanks to the dry air. It’s just a total crap shoot tho, some guys seem fine others tend to struggle. It’s a bummer but I like Gore quite a bit, I think nats actually have a pretty sizable starting pitcher edge here and believe it or not they are a pretty solid lhp hitting team so far. Even not being sure about Gore I think +130 is worth a play on nats here cause I think they will have success against Henry. We can also get +110 on nats team total over 4.5, I like that idea also.

I was a little surprised to see money come in quickly on cle but Logan Allen looks like another excellent pitching find by this organization. Twins have struggled badly with lhp to start the year, Allen could chew them up. That said you can’t really count on guardians to score much by evidence of game 1 where it only took 2 runs for twins to get the W. Gray hasn’t had a lot of success pitching in this park, he is having a fantastic start to the season tho and cle isn’t hitting at all right now. I see this as a under play or a k prop on Allen.

I want to be on pads but I don’t think I can back Snell as a fav even tho I like playing lhp vs dodgers. Dude walks too many and is so freaking inconsistent.

Rangers blew a great start by dunning and a 4-1 lead in 9th to las in game 1. You really shouldn’t lose a pen battle w that team especially with a lead! I expect they will get another solid start from Eovaldi, don’t tread much into his career numbers in this park, they look bad thanks to being blown up way back in ‘14 and one not so great other start but he has had several good starts here including 5 scoreless last year. He should be able to navigate this lineup. I think texas pen will have another lead here when starters leave and they should hold it this time. I like them getting plus anything here.

I want to be on pads but I don’t think I can back Snell as a fav even tho I like playing lhp vs dodgers. Dude walks too many and is so freaking inconsistent.
makes me like LAD though it's home team or nothing for me in that series

guardians about it for me but waiting til they get a + sign

I think I prefer Allen k prop to playing them, I just don’t trust them to score, if it’s a coin flip price I’d prob roll with twins or nothing but I’m not playing a side.

God help me I am so close to talking myself into backing clevenger/white Sox. I know the minute I buy on them they will go back to being dog shit, but I also know if you told me a month ago I could get plus money here I woulda jumped all over it even tho I like Lodolo cws should be a tough matchup for him. I can’t stand clevinger, that was true before this season but I think even walking ppl and lack of control he should be able to navigate reds lineup, cws pen has been performing much more like they should this past week so think they have the edge there. Wrong team favored I just happen to hate betting said team!

guardians about it for me but waiting til they get a + sign

Im not close to being a expert on line moves, sometimes i see a opener and am pretty confident where it going but I get caught by surprise plenty. I think you lost your chance to get cle at plus, that got gobbled up pretty quick, I dunno twins take enough money to move it back?

I guess I used the over here in stl to cover the tigers bet a bit, I don’t love playing side and total in same game but I don’t exactly trust turnbull and while it’s a odd thing that is most likely a bit of luck/randomness, cards have had a habit of giving waino extra run support over the years. Of course they wernt being shit on daily vs avg pitching the way they are now and Turnbull does have a slider! Lately that been enough, lol. End of day I just don’t think waino is shutting these guys down!

That is a huge line on Braves against a really hot o’s team, strider is a bad man but they are taking fantastic at bats vs every pitcher. Strider will punch guy out no question but he gonna have to work for them which could very well run his pitch count up. This isn’t gonna be like the fish game where it goes 3 pitches and sit your ass down, o’s will foul off pitches, make good contact on things over the plate, a Mets team that been struggling to score was able to do some damage, maybe they had a edge having seen him more but i just don’t think balty a easy lineup to navigate right now.

On the other side I’m a bit of a bradish fan, he has yet to put it all together for long stretches but I think the ability is absolutely there. Last season I watched him dominate the eventual champion Stros 2x, it’s in him, this Braves lineup is obviously one the best but they do have a tendency to strike out swinging out their shoes. I think worst case we talking 5+ innings 3-4 runs but I also think there a chance he goes 6+ and keeps them to 2-3 runs. I think the latter keeps them in the game as I don’t think strider gonna go real deep without any issues.. not saying I love the O’s to win here but I am saying I like their chances more than this price tag suggest. Them getting 2-1 as well they playing is just about as silly as the cardinals continuing to be that sized favs, it like oddmakers not paying a lick of attention! Lol.

I can’t believe Gorman sitting cause they have lost trust in Contreras catching I assume (calling games), so now we don’t have the offensive catcher we needed to boost the lineup we have a worse hitter than yadi at catcher and Contreras a overpaid DH we don’t need! Unreal

Wains is something else. 5k’s 1st time thru lineup but he threw the kitchen sink at them. Tigers not a great hitting team so we see what happens 2ns time around, if not today someone will tee off on him sooner than later so long as he keeps being priced high think I’ll get it back. Just hope we get the over. Unfortunately I dunno that cards keep scoring so tigers gonna have to help! Lol

Tigers got him on the ropes the 2nd time around! Cmon boys. Hit the death blow and tie this game up!!

I know pirates havnt been scoring anything but I really believe we can get a walk and bomb or bloop and blast to get 2 runs off berrios here. I didn’t trust them to score enough to beat jays cause I think it prob take at least 4 maybe 5, that a tough lineup for a talented but still young Oviedo. Let’s just get 2 runs and gtf outta dodge!

O’s a smaller play but I couldn’t resist getting something on them. At one point their team total for game was 2.5 and I was drooling to get that but when I got to Illinios it was up to 3.5. They can get 4 but damn I loved the idea of just needing 3!! I think Bradish can hang in this game, I’ve seen this kid look fantastic against solid lineups and as we know braves lineup very tough but they also swing and miss a lot. He capable of getting those and he has enough variety I think he can keep them off balance a few times thru the order. Obviously strider a stud and can shut any lineup down but he 2 pitches, they a awesome 2 pitches but o’s are swinging the bats so well right now I think they make him work and can run into one or 2, get him out the game by 6th and see what happens against the pen.

I liked both pitchers k props in laa but unfortunately they both got bet up from 5.5 to 6.5 before I got to that game and while I like them both 7 is a lot, either coukd get there but I felt pretty good with the 1st 5 under 4.5.

I didn’t love the looks of Red Sox lineup tonight vs a lefty, that only reason I could think that total came down to 9. I just don’t think Kluber can get thru Philly lineup a few times without taking some damage. I didn’t love leaving Red Sox offense out the picture but I felt more confident Philly could get me 5 and there no way I was laying that price on them, Sox could very well get to the pen or hit falter, I just didn’t love the way it looked. Philly Ff -.5 might have been a good choice also.

Well I’m sure the heck glad I went with pirates Ff tt, that at least has a chance, jays jumped all over Oviedo, if I had more sense the Ff over both teams was clearly money! Lol,

Jesus. That it for pirates, these Mfers have 6 runs in last 5 games and no hits tonight. Berrios typically isn’t great vs lefties but he owning these dudes. They have bout 3 warning track fly balls and nothing else. The magic gone in Pittsburg so the nl central gonna really be losing a bunch of games, think it brewers and cubs battling it out to get to 88-90 wins to take the central, lol.

Surprised you didn't get involved with Seattle at + and at home, not likely to see that often regardless the names on the backs of jerseys

Surprised you didn't get involved with Seattle at + and at home, not likely to see that often regardless the names on the backs of jerseys

I totally botched the night set. The game goes over in Philly yet I lose Philly team total like a moron. White Sox were great getting to Lodolo and getting him out the game then they don’t score off reds pen for 6 freaking innings. I missed the redic 2.5 on o’s team total and was scared to play ov3.5, of course they hit that but pen just blew game. Not to mention the shit idea it was taking pirates to score any runs. Fuck this day went to hell fast. Far as seattle goes I had no clue who that was pitching for houston but I don’t trust their offense much more than cardinals and far as I can tell they still not ready to beat houston , maybe it will come later in year but kinda felt like houston was coming into this series to remind seattle it still their division, I really don’t like Gonzalez either.

Back