Saratoga Race Course Week #4 Discussion......

Once again, this time in the Beverly D, a horse gets put up in a major stakes race that has no business being on top. How many times will this be allowed to happen before they fix the rules??? It's real simple, move the 3rd place horse into a deadheat for 2nd, leave the winner on top, and punish the violators in the purse distribution. Stop punishing handicappers for their good decisions!

Once again, this time in the Beverly D, a horse gets put up in a major stakes race that has no business being on top. How many times will this be allowed to happen before they fix the rules??? It's real simple, move the 3rd place horse into a deadheat for 2nd, leave the winner on top, and punish the violators in the purse distribution. Stop punishing handicappers for their good decisions!
Agree 100%

Took a look at the early portion of the Monday card and saw some potential prices to use.

Race 2 its hard to get past the entry, if #1A gets anywhere near his 4 and 5YO races he'll cruise, and #1 is a nice as well, but I like #3 My Adonis on the cutback from 9 furlongs and the move up in class for Linda Rice. When she moves up a horse that's typically a sign of confidence.

In Race 3 a Rice horse, #3 Privately Speaking, ran big to win at Belmont last month and now moves up the conditions ladder, cuts back a half furlong and gets a 5 pound break with Cancel on board. Also like #1A Skye Saratoga, where leading rider Castellano sticks with this horse despite a bad race last out, she fits based on her effort two back and now instead of being favored she'll be a square price at 6/1.

Race 4 I don't see anything clever, 1,4,9 look logical.

In Race 5 the favorite #4 has the pedigree and a sharp 5 furlong work but I don't see a gate work on the tabs and that has me a little suspicious, no way I can back him at 2/1. #1 Pagan could be sneaky good with a sharp 47&2 gate work on Aug 1 and a young sire (Girolamo) with a serious sprint pedigree and a recently sired winner on Saturday with Backwood Bay. #9 Majority is also worth a look with young sire Haynesfield for the sharp Violette barn, a 3 furlong bullet work and Castellano on board. Of the returning horses #10 Storming Stephen needs to be respected as Clement is a master at getting horses ready for their turf debut.

Race 6 again provides nothing clever as 6 figures to race to the front and 7 will stalk outside, with both battling through the stretch.

Race 7 has another good but beatable entry. #2 Fair Advantage is well travelled but has by far the best 7 furlong effort in the field. #5 Irish Cat seems like a clever horse for Chad Brown, dropping out of maidens specials and switching for turf to dirt. Check out that best of 99(!) bullet at Belmont on Aug 1.

I even capped the jump race today:

#1 is the "now" jumper, three nice races since being switched to jumps , #5 also figures on last three jump races, last race is a throw out ran on flats off layoff. .I've been waiting for #3 (12-1) to run for a few weeks now, was entered and scratched at 20-1 odds, I even told my pal pepe I had a jumper for him, scratched so we never discussed it but..#3 clearly needed his last off of Nov 2013 layoff, prep on flats to get back to jumps for trainer that has done great work with jumpers past few meets (3 for 8)

My OFF TOPIC thought of the day: I really want AP to run in Travers to get great value with Texas Red.

R2: #1 is a drop down that should get plenty of pace to run at in here and #4 cuts back for Dubb/Rudy/Irad, owns a win on Spa dirt.

R2: #1 is a drop down that should get plenty of pace to run at in here and #4 cuts back for Dubb/Rudy/Irad, owns a win on Spa dirt.
#6 should be mentioned, one of two horses running for a very good friend of mine today , last time faced much tougher Alw NW1X , two and three back makes him a player, reunited with Shaun B today.

R3 #2 could win but perfect trip winner in last and Rudy struggling with Spa turf sprinters, no wins current meet and 1 for 34 turf sprinters at Spa 2012-14. Agree with Gandy that #3 could be a player in here but #8 gets class relief, exits key race and has two turf sprints that make her a major player for Eclipse/Catalano/Johnny V who all popped a winner together on Sunday.

R4 #9 could get loose from outside post, not much early speed in here, #2 is a drop down shipper moving into Brad Cox barn who has had some runners at this current meet.

R5 frosh sire Girolamo off to a great start but mostly with dirt runners, may use #1 regardless...may have to spread here in pk4 but #10 is a half to two turf winners and dam is from family that has five turf winners, question about #4 why debut in turf sprint??

I even capped the jump race today:

#1 is the "now" jumper, three nice races since being switched to jumps , #5 also figures on last three jump races, last race is a throw out ran on flats off layoff. .I've been waiting for #3 (12-1) to run for a few weeks now, was entered and scratched at 20-1 odds, I even told my pal pepe I had a jumper for him, scratched so we never discussed it but..#3 clearly needed his last off of Nov 2013 layoff, prep on flats to get back to jumps for trainer that has done great work with jumpers past few meets (3 for 8)
Only jump race #3 finished he was a winner, fell in two others.

My OFF TOPIC thought of the day: I really want AP to run in Travers to get great value with Texas Red.

I'll be driving back to Pittsburgh from OCM that day, already scouting routes that will take me past a simulcast or live track to make some plays.

R6: #6 is the main speed but interesting alternatives could be my friends other horse that's running today, #1 is back on short rest, not big trainer move for Bruce Brown 0/11 L5 years but 5 of them ran 2nd and they were nice prices, turf to dirt adding blinkers today, muddy track 2 back...also #3 has improved for low profile barn and filly won 3 back cutting back in distance, same move today.

R6: #6 is the main speed but interesting alternatives could be my friends other horse that's running today, #1 is back on short rest, not big trainer move for Bruce Brown 0/11 L5 years but 5 of them ran 2nd and they were nice prices, turf to dirt adding blinkers today, muddy track 2 back...also #3 has improved for low profile barn and filly won 3 back cutting back in distance, same move today.
#7 is also Bruce Brown but perfect trip winner in last, now moves up in class

Play watching that #3 in the hurdles earlier was brutal, looked like he was ready for a sprint then literally had no legs left to jump. Was jumpy all over before the race started too, just ready to get it over with.

And betting against Irad continues to seem to be a mistake too, holy fuck that guy is en fuego

Play watching that #3 in the hurdles earlier was brutal, looked like he was ready for a sprint then literally had no legs left to jump. Was jumpy all over before the race started too, just ready to get it over with.
yup , think he was rank and jock just let him go

GL I tend not to do well when I post em but have 2/5/9 EXB and TRB

At least your new bestie can't beat me here :)

Back