Saratoga Race Course 2013

P2W if you have a chance to look at Monmouth 10th race tell me what you think about the #3 Don sixes number.
Thanks

P2W if you have a chance to look at Monmouth 10th race tell me what you think about the #3 Don sixes number.
Thanks
don't really like the #3, weak bunch though and could show some speed, never bad at Monmouth...if I had to make a pick it would be #5

saved $ in Ny Derby...not the best of trips but fav Amberjack prevails...onto Sar for Albany Hcp with a chance of getting big bonus by sweeping big apple challenge...only one time has it been done...

using 7 defensively as could be at a huge tactical advantage...could be looked at as a negative that Pletcher didn't ship her to Del to tackle Royal Delta

#1 My Happy Face seems to love track based on impressive 21 lngth win during 2012 meet, untested going 2 turns but is the speed in here...#3 Unlimited Budget is obvious but im not too high on her, had no business taking on boys in Belmont and could have a negative effect, possibly...#5 Marathon Lady is a silly price based on her neck loss to Fiftyshadesofhay.

Late to the party this year, had a chance to look at the first five for Sunday:

Race 1 - Baby maidens all making their first start. When there's little to go on with firsters I'll usually go with trainer & pedigree first time win %'s, workouts and connections. #2 Fox Rox fits on all three counts and is well-priced at 4-1. For multis #4 Sing the Dream and #6 Double Gold also look possible.

Race 2 - 3YO maidens going a mile on the turf. #2 Red Wine looks formidable, first race at 7F made a wide, sweeping move over the last 3/8th to come from 9th to finish in a blanket photo with 3 others at the wire. Has top connections and a sharp work under his belt, he's ready to roll. Other possiblities include #5 All That, turning back in distance and trying turf with a top turf pedigree and perhaps the best turf rider in Castellano on board. and #10 Secretive, making his first start as a 3YO for Shug with Johnny V on board and taking Lasix for the first time.

Race 3 - 6 furlong optional claimer. A very competitive race class-wise with a huge field of 12 post scratches. The two standouts for me are #4 School Spirit, who broke his maiden last out with a huge effort at 6.5F and may have seen the light bulb go on, and #5 Thinking of Girls, who ships in from California and has a host of very nice 6-7F races from Santa Anita on his resume. Others worth considering include #7 Marriedtothemusic, who's 2 for 3 lifetime vs. weaker competition, #8 Bemata, turning back to his better distance and getting Rosario to ride, #11 Define, coming off a quality win at this distance for red-hot Belmont trainer Jacobsen, and #13 Poliziano, turning back in distance and getting blinkers off a freshening.

Race 4 - 7F Allowance. #6 Uno Duo looks like a standout in this field of 7. Shows a steadily improving set of races with at lengthening distances. Rosario on the mount is a plus. The only hitch might be the competitive speed of #5, Pow Wow Wow, which could set the table for three late runners, the #1-1A entry of Lady Chara and Street Crew, and the #3 Belle Gallantey.

Race 5 - 1 1/16M Turf Optional Claimer. Should be some early pace in this one from #1 and #10 which will set the table for a couple of first run types in the #3 and #5 and perhaps two late chargers in #8 and #12. #3 Tater Downs ships in from KY and his a winning effort at this distance two back. #5 Wild Billum won a gritty, although a little slower, effort in his first turf try in May and should move forward from that. The two closers worth using are Summit County, getting back onto his preferred surface after a mediocre dirt try, and #12 Wildcatter, who's last three steeplechase 2+ mile races mask some very nice backclass at this distance.

Races 1-3 $1 Pick 3 - 2,4,6/2,5,10/4,5

Pick 4 Races 2-5 - 2,5,10/4.5.7.8.11.13/1e, 6/3,5,8,12
Press Pick 4 - 2/4,5/6/3.5.8.12

#7 in the 2nd race was not impossible, considering he was trained by Graham Motion, a solid turf trainer, had good turf pedigree, was intended for turf in his last race at Delaware, which was washed onto the dirt, where he still managed a credible 2nd place. So that one is on me: pedigree, connections, ability and form all rated him as worth a look.

On the other hand, I don't see how I'd have ever gotten to the #6 in the 5th unless I was punching the ALL button. Which is why that Pick 4 paid $11k.

Looked to me like he had to be checked about a half mile in, lost a bunch of ground, then the jock whipped him on the turn to get it back into the race and still had no opening along the rail at the top of the stretch. At that point the horse looked exhausted and didn't respond to further whips.

Trainer might want to consider putting a real jockey onto Debt Ceiling next time. When you've got Eric Camacho running against Rosario, Bridge, Rosie, Johnny V, Lezcano and Javier you have to know you're going to get the 7th best trip in the race.

Probable for the Grade 2, $600,000 Jim Dandy, one of three graded stakes on July 27, are Belmont Stakes winner Palace Malice, who is scheduled to work on the main track Sunday morning at 8:45 for trainer Todd Pletcher; Grade 2 Peter Pan winner Freedom Child; Code West, who captured the Grade 3 Matt Winn in his most recent start; Grade 3 Iowa Derby winner Looking Cool; Grade 2 Dwyer winner Moreno; Mylute, fifth in the Kentucky Derby and third in the Preakness; multiple stakes winners Vyjack and Will Take Charge, and Perfect Title. Both Bad Hombre and Chief Havoc are questionable.The Grade 1, $600,000 Diana is expected to attract three last-out graded stakes winners: Laughing (Grade 3 Eatontown Handicap), Starformer (Grade 2 New York), and Stephanie’s Kitten (Grade 1 Foxwoods Just a Game). Also probable for the 1 1/8-mile turf race for fillies and mares is Grade 1 winner Centre Court, last year’s Diana runner-up Dream Peace, and Minakshi.
The Grade 1, $300,000 Prioress is expected to draw multiple graded stakes winner Kauai Katie, who won the Grade 2 Adirondack at Saratoga in her second career start; Grade 1 Acorn winner Midnight Lucky; Grade 3 Azalea winner Wildcat Lily, and Irish Lute. Baby J and Blueeyesintherein are questionable.
The first full week of racing at the Spa’s 150th anniversary week wraps up with the Grade 2, $200,000 Amsterdam for 3-year-olds on Sunday, July 28, and the Grade 2, $200,000 Honorable Miss Handicap for fillies and mares on Monday, July 29.
Likely for the 6 ½-furlong Amsterdam are Forty Tales and Declan’s Warrior, who were separated by three-quarters of a length when first and second, respectively, in the Grade 2 Woody Stephens presented by NYRA Rewards on June 8 at Belmont Park; the John Shirreffs-trained Mentor Cane, a five-length maiden winner on July 6; Grade 3 Jersey Shore winner Rainbow Heir; The Truth and K G, fourth against older horses in an optional claimer on June 2 at Belmont, and the Florida-based Cat Five Hurricane. Black Hornet and Do It for Don are questionable.
The six-furlong Honorable Miss is expected to attract Grade 3 Bed o’ Roses winner Dance to Bristol, winner of five straight; Grade 2 Vagrancy Handicap winner Glorious View, undefeated in four starts since breaking her maiden on February 15; Burban, winner of an overnight stakes at Churchill Downs last time out; Livi Makenzie, fifth in last year’s Prioress, and Munnings Sister, winner of the off-the-turf Smart N Fancy overnight stakes on June 13 at Belmont. Amie’s Dini is questionable.

Guess Orb is waiting for the Travers? Pretty nice field nonetheless.
Shug has Orb at Fair Hill right now and is pleased w/ how he's doing so he decided to give him a couple of more weeks there before he ships to Toga. Orb is Shug's first horse he ever sent to Fair Hill and he loves it so much he sent 8 or 9 more horses there.

Jay Privman ‏<s>@</s>DRFPrivman <small class="time">4h </small> Midnight Lucky out of Prioress. Did not travel to Saratoga today from Del Mar. Came out of work with bruised foot, per Baffert. <s>#</s>Saratoga

Think the 4 gets away from them in the first. Last 2 were off tracks which he obviously didn't care for. Fast track numbers put him right there.

Donating a Benjamin to the Pick 6 Carryover (well, $96):

1,4,7 / 9,10 / 3 / 1,2,3,4 / 6 / 3,14

Back