Saratoga Race Course 2013

Pick 4, Race 9, from the beach in OCMD

3,5,8/1,3,4,5/2,5,8,9/2,3,8

transparent will have to win without me. The big 3 simply have either too much form or much better past races. Will play a saver bet if alive to something big.

Phenomenal Test! Thought the 3 was in a perfect spot for the longshot win, but Lulu was resolute.

OK, I can see Will Take Charge winning, he's got past efforts that fit him in with the rest of the Travers contenders (btw, Moreno going from 12-1 morning line to 32-1 at the post on that speed favoring track was almost the steal of the summer) and a pedigree that indicates he was OK at 10 panels.

I have no similar explanation for Capo Bastone. Perennial underachiever, O for 2 at the distance including a non-descript 7th in a Grade 2. Terrific ride from Ortiz, getting the jump on Forty Tales in closing on the leader.

This sucks, have zero time...bed @ 10 pm ET and wake @ 4 am ET...have to meet up w/ my peeps that are in from Nyc.

Travers card is impossible, many horses in many races figure to have a chance, go small early and look for value is best advice I can give, some races not who u like most or think is most likely winner...instead find value bc there will be tons of it...

Travers: I like Transparent the best, also use 1,2,8 and im against Verrazano...short price in tough field, will be inside of Moreno and Palice Malice and I still question him going 1 1/4.

King's Bishop: #10 Let Em Shine is the best of the speeds and #8 Declan's Warrior is the closer I want. #2,5,7 also on pk 4's.

Ballston Spa: 2,3,4,5 on my pk 4's...not 6 who I think needs soft or yielding turf.

Test: #8 the best, cutback and don't have to chase Princess of Sylmar this time...#3 cold trainer at meet and disappointed in last but maybe up too close early and now back to best distance...mixed feelings on #5...all her wins on synth, will she take to dirt? maybe too big of a question if short price...maybe still use pk 4's.

R8: 2 and 9

R7: 1,3,6

R6: 6 best then 10, no 7...maybe 5 under

R5: like 3 a lot, tough trip in last and huge race over Spa turf 2012 meet

R4: no special order but 1,7,8...some may remember how badly I needed 8 in his last race

R3: 4,9 the best

R2: 6,7,10,11...6,7 likely better prices

R1: 6,7,8 maybe 1

very sorry I don't have more time to talk about some of these races, very hectic right now and may not be around til Tues...Hope some of this is helpful, BOL on the Travers Day card :cheers:
Nailed the early Pk 3 (races 1-3)...not much luck rest of the day...tons of 2nd place finishes, fml...great weather and racing, was with a lot of friends and we all got nice and drunk :cheers:

Last edited:
No time to catch your breath...on to today,

no strong opinion in R1, but i'll stab w/ some dd's

R1: DD #5,9/2,5,7

You guys tear it up in 'Toga? Used to live right on Washington St, walking distance to Caroline, etc. Miss August up there.

Finished w/ Monday's card, will post some thoughts and plays in AM...

How impressive was Game on Dude in Pac Classic?

8/26 Spa

Early part of card my main focus will be on...

R1) #5 Perregaux - has only been in two turf sprints and had trouble in both, most recently had no chance after jumped up and missed break vs turf sprint monster, Console (Mott).

R3) #5 Gnarley Girl - her most recent race had to be a prep, was off layoff and ran in turf sprint after having success in dirt sprints, now 2nd off layoff and back to proper surface for trainer that has had a great win percentage over the last 3 meets.

more later...

With Perregaux scratched in the 1st, may look to use #3 Joes Blazing Aaron...who looks to be controlling speed in here.

These first three races aren't by any means a great sequence, just looking to have a live ticket going into Gnarley Girl in the 3rd.

R1) #3 Joes Blazing Aaron could be off form, and cutting back into turf sprints isn't a particularly strong angle but does have a chance to be controlling speed...#4 is the fav, and is the best turf sprinter of this group, vanned off in last which is never a good sign but bounced back w/ a sharp turf work of 57.01 going 5F so I think he's ok.

R2) Just taking a shot against likely fav #4 Domino Derval, Pletcher is 9 for 16 and 3 2nd place finishes with his 2yo 1sters on dirt at the meet but why was this 2yo filly entered and scratched from a turf route yesterday? Usually when Todd enters 1sters on turf it's usually because he thinks they may be too slow on dirt...guess we'll see...#2 and #6 both trainers very capable @ getting 2 yo's to run early in their careers.

R3) Besides reasons above I gave for liking #5 - let me add that A. Dutrow is 20 for 53 (38%) going turf to dirt sprints over L5 years. #2 will take money, leading owner and this is a re-claim...Maker has had a great meet, all wins on turf though...he's 0 for 22 in dirt races at meet.

R1: Pk 3 #3,4/2,6/5

I'll protect myself by using the one's im against...Pletcher in R2 and Maker in R3 on smaller Pk 4 tix...

R2: Pk 4 #2,4,6/2,5/5,6/7 and #2,6/5/5,6/7 the best

Saratoga will host seven graded stakes during the final three days of the meet, topped by the Grade 1, $750,000 Woodward at 1 1/8 miles for 3-year-olds and upward on Saturday. Cross Traffic, Successful Dan, Mucho Macho Man, Ron the Greek, Fort Larned, and Alpha, the respective top six finishers from the Grade 1 Whitney Invitational Handicap, are all expected to compete in the Woodward, as are Flat Out and Paynter, according to NYRA stakes coordinator Andrew Byrnes.
Older sprinters will compete on the Woodward undercard in the Grade 1, $500,000 Forego at seven furlongs. Probables include Fast Bullet, Golddigger’s Boy, Jackson Bend, Justin Phillip, Lea, Sage Valley, and Saratoga Snacks. Jake N Elwood and Strapping Groom are possible.
Turf horses will travel 1 1/16 miles on Saturday in the Grade 2, $250,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap, and the race is expected to draw Paris Vegas, Silver Max, So Long George, Tetradrachm, Turallure, Willcox Inn, and Za Approval.
Bahnah and Brazen Persuasion, who dead-heated for the win in the Grade 3 Schuylerville on opening day, will have a rematch in Sunday’s Grade 1, $300,000 Spinaway. Also expected for the seven-furlong Spinaway are Dancing House, Designer Legs, Stopchargingmaria, Sweet Reason, Sweet Whiskey, and True Blue Nation.
Saratoga also will conduct the Grade 3, $150,000 Saranac at 1 1/8 miles for 3-year-olds on Sunday. Are You Kidding Me, Channel Isle, Charming Kitten, Favor Factor, Five Iron, Infinite Magic, Joha, Notacatbutallama, and Tattenham are probable. Frac Daddy is possible.
The Grade 1, $300,000 Hopeful tops Monday’s card, the meet’s final day. Another rematch is in the works as Grade 2 Saratoga Special top two finishers Corfu and Wired Bryan are expected for the seven-furlong race. All in Blue, Big Sugar Soda, Casiguapo, Long On Value, Lunarwarfare, and Southern Blessing also are probable. King Cyrus is possible.
Closing day also will include the Grade 3, $150,000 Glens Falls for fillies and mares on the turf. Angel Terrace, Anjaz, Layali Dubai, Minakshi, Mystical Star, Strathnaver, Tannery, and White Rose are probable for the 1 3/8-mile event. Heart of Destiny is possible.

[h=2]Race 10[/h]5:43 PM Exacta, Trifecta, Super (.10), Daily Double Wagers STAKES
With Anticipation S.

Purse $200,000 FOR TWO YEAR OLDS. One And One Sixteenth Miles (Turf)
[TABLE="class: standardTable noPad, width: 0"]
<tbody sizset="9" sizcache="13">[TR]
[TH] [/TH]
[TH]PP[/TH]
[TH]Horse[/TH]
[TH]Virtual Stable[/TH]
[TH]A/S[/TH]
[TH]Med[/TH]
[TH]Jockey[/TH]
[TH]WGT[/TH]
[TH]Trainer[/TH]
[TH]M/L[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row"]
[TD]1 [/TD]
[TD]1 [/TD]
[TD]Bashart (KY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl02$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl02_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl02$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl02_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11022831~BASHART"> [/TD]
[TD]2/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]J Castellano [/TD]
[TD]120 [/TD]
[TD]T A. Pletcher [/TD]
[TD]4/1 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: alternate"]
[TD]2 [/TD]
[TD]2 [/TD]
[TD]River Dancer (KY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl03$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl03_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl03$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl03_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11005691~RIVER DANCER"> [/TD]
[TD]2/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]R Maragh [/TD]
[TD]120 [/TD]
[TD]D A. Cannizzo [/TD]
[TD]12/1 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3 [/TD]
[TD]3 [/TD]
[TD]Tiger Bourbon (KY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl04$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl04_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl04$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl04_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11011336~TIGER BOURBON"> [/TD]
[TD]2/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]J Lezcano [/TD]
[TD]120 [/TD]
[TD]E Kenneally [/TD]
[TD]3/1 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4 [/TD]
[TD]4 [/TD]
[TD]Racetrack Romance (FL) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl05$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl05_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl05$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl05_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11003049~RACETRACK ROMANCE"> [/TD]
[TD]2/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]J Rocco, Jr. [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]P L. Reynolds [/TD]
[TD]15/1 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]5 [/TD]
[TD]5 [/TD]
[TD]Marvin's Miracle (NY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl06$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl06_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl06$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl06_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11006310~MARVIN'S MIRACLE"> [/TD]
[TD]2/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]I Ortiz, Jr. [/TD]
[TD]120 [/TD]
[TD]J M. Coronel [/TD]
[TD]12/1 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]6 [/TD]
[TD]6 [/TD]
[TD]Base Case Scenario (KY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl07$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl07_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl07$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl07_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11024296~BASE CASE SCENARIO"> [/TD]
[TD]2/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]R Albarado [/TD]
[TD]120 [/TD]
[TD]A M. Stall, Jr. [/TD]
[TD]5/1 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]7 [/TD]
[TD]7 [/TD]
[TD]We Miss Artie (ON) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl08$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl08_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl08$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl08_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11024246~WE MISS ARTIE"> [/TD]
[TD]2/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]J R. Velazquez [/TD]
[TD]120 [/TD]
[TD]T A. Pletcher [/TD]
[TD]6/1 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8 [/TD]
[TD]8 [/TD]
[TD]General Jack (KY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl09$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl09_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl09$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl09_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11009609~GENERAL JACK"> [/TD]
[TD]2/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]R Napravnik [/TD]
[TD]120 [/TD]
[TD]M J. Maker [/TD]
[TD]5/2 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]9 [/TD]
[TD]9 [/TD]
[TD]King Cyrus (KY) (MTO) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl10$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl10_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl10$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl10_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11002861~KING CYRUS"> [/TD]
[TD]2/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]unknown jockey [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]T A. Pletcher [/TD]
[TD]3/1 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10 [/TD]
[TD]10 [/TD]
[TD]Free Mugatu (NY) (MTO) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl11$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl11_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl11$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl11_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11006105~FREE MUGATU"> [/TD]
[TD]2/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]L Saez [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]J P. Terranova, II [/TD]
[TD]4/1 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]11 [/TD]
[TD]11 [/TD]
[TD]Howaboutwe (NY) (MTO) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl12$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl12_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl12$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl12_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11003946~HOWABOUTWE"> [/TD]
[TD]2/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]I Ortiz, Jr. [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]J M. Antonucci [/TD]
[TD]8/1 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Race 10

5:43 PM Exacta, Trifecta, Super (.10), Daily Double Wagers STAKES
With Anticipation S.

Purse $200,000 FOR TWO YEAR OLDS. One And One Sixteenth Miles (Turf)
[TABLE="class: standardTable noPad, width: 0"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH][/TH]
[TH]PP
[/TH]
[TH]Horse
[/TH]
[TH]Virtual Stable
[/TH]
[TH]A/S
[/TH]
[TH]Med
[/TH]
[TH]Jockey
[/TH]
[TH]WGT
[/TH]
[TH]Trainer
[/TH]
[TH]M/L
[/TH]
[/TR]
[TD]1
[/TD]
[TD]1
[/TD]
[TD]Bashart (KY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl02$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl02_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl02$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl02_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11022831~BASHART">
[/TD]
[TD]2/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]J Castellano
[/TD]
[TD]120
[/TD]
[TD]T A. Pletcher
[/TD]
[TD]4/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[TD]River Dancer (KY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl03$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl03_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl03$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl03_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11005691~RIVER DANCER">
[/TD]
[TD]2/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]R Maragh
[/TD]
[TD]120
[/TD]
[TD]D A. Cannizzo
[/TD]
[TD]12/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3
[/TD]
[TD]3
[/TD]
[TD]Tiger Bourbon (KY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl04$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl04_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl04$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl04_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11011336~TIGER BOURBON">
[/TD]
[TD]2/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]J Lezcano
[/TD]
[TD]120
[/TD]
[TD]E Kenneally
[/TD]
[TD]3/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4
[/TD]
[TD]4
[/TD]
[TD]Racetrack Romance (FL)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl05$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl05_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl05$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl05_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11003049~RACETRACK ROMANCE">
[/TD]
[TD]2/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]J Rocco, Jr.
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]P L. Reynolds
[/TD]
[TD]15/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]5
[/TD]
[TD]5
[/TD]
[TD]Marvin's Miracle (NY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl06$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl06_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl06$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl06_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11006310~MARVIN'S MIRACLE">
[/TD]
[TD]2/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]I Ortiz, Jr.
[/TD]
[TD]120
[/TD]
[TD]J M. Coronel
[/TD]
[TD]12/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]6
[/TD]
[TD]6
[/TD]
[TD]Base Case Scenario (KY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl07$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl07_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl07$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl07_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11024296~BASE CASE SCENARIO">
[/TD]
[TD]2/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]R Albarado
[/TD]
[TD]120
[/TD]
[TD]A M. Stall, Jr.
[/TD]
[TD]5/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]7
[/TD]
[TD]7
[/TD]
[TD]We Miss Artie (ON)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl08$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl08_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl08$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl08_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11024246~WE MISS ARTIE">
[/TD]
[TD]2/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]J R. Velazquez
[/TD]
[TD]120
[/TD]
[TD]T A. Pletcher
[/TD]
[TD]6/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8
[/TD]
[TD]8
[/TD]
[TD]General Jack (KY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl09$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl09_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl09$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl09_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11009609~GENERAL JACK">
[/TD]
[TD]2/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]R Napravnik
[/TD]
[TD]120
[/TD]
[TD]M J. Maker
[/TD]
[TD]5/2
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]9
[/TD]
[TD]9
[/TD]
[TD]King Cyrus (KY) (MTO)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl10$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl10_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl10$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl10_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11002861~KING CYRUS">
[/TD]
[TD]2/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]unknown jockey
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]T A. Pletcher
[/TD]
[TD]3/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10
[/TD]
[TD]10
[/TD]
[TD]Free Mugatu (NY) (MTO)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl11$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl11_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl11$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl11_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11006105~FREE MUGATU">
[/TD]
[TD]2/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]L Saez
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]J P. Terranova, II
[/TD]
[TD]4/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]11
[/TD]
[TD]11
[/TD]
[TD]Howaboutwe (NY) (MTO)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl12$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl12_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl10$gvEntry$ctl12$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl10_gvEntry_ctl12_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO11003946~HOWABOUTWE">
[/TD]
[TD]2/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]I Ortiz, Jr.
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]J M. Antonucci
[/TD]
[TD]8/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
In Thursday's With Anticipation Stakes I like #6 Base Case Scenario...not only did I think he was an impressive winner in his 2nd career start when Stall switched him from dirt to turf...but the 2nd and 3rd place finishers out of that race came back to run 1-2 in a 2yo maiden turf route on Saturday, and the winner (3rd place finisher) Bobby's Kitten (C. Brown) was very impressive in winning that race over 2nd place finisher Stroll to Victory (McPeak).

Sorry, won't be around this weekend but started on Saturday's card already and will give weekend thoughts Fri night at the latest :cheers:

R1: DD #6/2,3,6 Pk 3 #6/2,3,6/2,7 and EX #6/1,4

i'll be around all day, will try to post some thoughts besides plays

Something to keep in mind when capping these turf races...due to lack of rain this summer we have an extremely speed biased turf courses.

R1) #6 drops from open company, back w/ state breds...only time vs ny breds was debut in which he romped by 6 lengths...then turf @ Ascot, no Lasix is a complete throw out...last out had significant trouble at the start of Sar Special. Outside post draw is a big tactical advantage. Razor sharp recent breeze from gate.

Last edited:
R2) 3 and 6 are 1sters taking $ in double pool = they are live...A. Dutrow and Weaver plenty capable w/ 1sters...#2 debuts for Carlos Martin who is also plenty capable, he had a tough beat w/ a highly regarded 1ster yesterday and word is this one has been working better...Drf clockers have given him 2 B-'s which is actually great...never give A's...Wise Dan was one of sharpest workers all meet and he was given B-'s also just to put grade in context.

R3) Im against 1 Caixa Electronica who has looked like he's lost a step recently...wasn't impressive in his win two back either...2 Saginaw is a war horse and likely winner here imo but 7 Bernie The Maestro is the speed and I like his fast track dirt form despite his trainer being 0 for 25 in dirt races at this meet.

R3) Im against 1 Caixa Electronica who has looked like he's lost a step recently...wasn't impressive in his win two back either...2 Saginaw is a war horse and likely winner here imo but 7 Bernie The Maestro is the speed and I like his fast track dirt form despite his trainer being 0 for 25 in dirt races at this meet.
not big into weights but the fact that #7 gets 14 lbs from both #1 and #2 is a factor

As planned Bernie The Maestro wires em in the 3rd holding off Caixa Electronica...4/5 fav Saginaw pulled up around the 1/4 pole, and I hope he's ok.

Need 3,5,7 in 4th to cash DD's

I usually just sit when i'm alive in multi race bets and don't have a very strong feel for race...but with only a few days left of meet...lets gamble!

I'll play doubles using the same three horses I need to cash into two decent prices in the impossible 5th race...

R4: DD #3,5,7/2,3

I usually just sit when i'm alive in multi race bets and don't have a very strong feel for race...but with only a few days left of meet...lets gamble!

I'll play doubles using the same three horses I need to cash into two decent prices in the impossible 5th race...

R4: DD #3,5,7/2,3

R5) Very tough to cap with or without speed bias...I actually did like #6 a little because w/ a stronger pace in last he would've won...speed biased turf and only being 1M likely hurts his chances today...#3 could and should be the inside speed, interesting how he's a speed horses however showed zero early speed in his last even with very slow fractions, weird...it always catches my eyes when I see trainers not known to make claims, claim a horse...paid off earlier in meet w/ Serpe (Kate is a Ten @ 12-1) for me now let me try Ian Wilkes who is 1 for 2 off the claim L5 years...#2 is also off claim but trainer claims often and great win percentage off claim...exits a race that had a very rough stretch run.

R5: DD #2,3/6 and Pk3 #2,3/6/1,3,5,8
R6) im against fav #2 who did have a tough trip in last after having absolutely no room while being on inside during stretch run then being shuffled and made a nice run to finish 2nd, however is a 2nd type (five 2nds and 2 wins from 9 starts)...#6 is the one I like best in here, cuts back in distance...drops out of stakes and draws nicely on outside w/ Johnny V...fwiw trainer also had a winner in the last week of 2012 meet w/ a horse cutting back in distance.

#6 Maracuya gets it done...only 2-1 but had it pretty good...looking back on the card, had I been smart enough to just win bet in the 3rd race instead of investing in doubles...I would be having a big day...oh well

R7:

Pk3 #3,5,8/6,7/1,4,10
Pk3 #3/6,7/1,4,10
Pk3 #3/6/1,4,10

and bc of the price, currently 14-1 I have to play a little Win #8...1ster bred for turf w/ 7 turf winners in 2nd family.

Back