Saratoga Race Course 2013

R8: DD #6/1,4,10
hit chalk dd, horse that ran 2nd (#10) was 2x the amount payout wise, and had a tough trip...i'll take it, not a bad day, sometimes have to just take what they give ya...

onto Saturday...will have some thoughts but gonna be around Sat...not Sun or Mon but have some thoughts for those days also that i'll post.

Considering it's day 38 of 40 at the meet, pretty good card on tap Saturday and without digging too deep so far on Sun and Mon card, I noticed we have some very big fields which is a great sign...maybe we'll make some good money in these next few days...

4/5 fav Saginaw pulled up around the 1/4 pole, and I hope he's ok.

Multiple stakes winner Saginaw was euthanized Friday after suffering an injury during the running of the third race at Saratoga Race Course.

He appeared to take a bad step approaching the far turn and was pulled up by jockey Junior Alvarado and taken by van back to his barn, where X-rays were taken.

According to Dr. Anthony Verderosa, Chief Examining Veterinarian for the New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA), Saginaw fractured both sesamoids in his left front ankle. The injuries were beyond repair.

Saginaw, a 7-year-old New York-bred gelding was claimed for $30,000 by David Jacobson on behalf of himself and Drawing Away Stable in March 2012, and went on to win 14 of his next 17 races. This year he won five races, including the John Morrissey, Affirmed Success, Compelling Word and Hollie Hughes stakes.

In 2012, Saginaw won 10 races, tying him for the most of any North American thoroughbred.

Overall, Saginaw won 21 of 41 lifetime starts for $974,690.

Del Mar R6: 8-1 and possible lone speed for Baffert and Martin Garcia, small win #5 and smaller saver EX 4/5

yup, ruins my day...

[h=1]Track Conditions[/h]
[h=3]Track & Turf Conditions for 8/31/2013[/h]Morning Time Weather: Overcast

Track Conditions: Sloppy

Turf Conditions: Yielding

Races Off the Turf: 1,2,4,6,11

Daily Notes:
Mellon rail @ 0

Conditions last updated: 8/31/2013 7:52:37 AM

Fort Larned scratching certainly helps Paynter's chances...I like Mucho Macho Man who should have a nice stalking trip and take first run @ Paynter.

Late pick 4 - big fan of the entry in the Forego, with both early and late capabilities. Also need to include Sage Valley. In the Woodward I'll play against Belmont king Flat Out and use the Dan, Paynter and the Macho Man. With the 11th off turf naturally the MTOs take control. Need to spread in the last.

1-4/2-5-6/14-15/3-4-7-10-13

Don't count out Parcells horse...Saratoga Snacks had an awful trip in his last and fits with these...

In The Baruch...Silver Max has the edge of being lone speed but I like Turallure...who loves is at Saratoga, won this race in 2011 and rounding back into form off trouble trip vs Seal Cove.

David Grening ‏<s>@</s>DRFGrening <small class="time">39m </small> Kathy Ritvo, trainer of Mucho Macho Man said "if it's not a fast track, we're not going to run" in Woodward.

LoPresti gave Successful Dan a nice little gallop over the track this morning to see how he'd handle the going...says he was fine on it.

That Big Sugar Soda race (7/22 R1) becomes a key one...Financial Mogul just won, Strong Mandate (Lukas) came back to win, Pecorino (Pletcher) didn't win but ran well, Grand Arrival runs in todays 5th and Big Sugar Soda (Asmussen) will be one of the favs in Mondays Hopeful...I like Grand Arrival but will be on someone else in Hopeful, more on that later.

What's good Play? Just got back from Fair Hill, what a facility. Got a nice look at Orb in his stall and got to see Sanctify jog 2 miles.

That Big Sugar Soda race (7/22 R1) becomes a key one...Financial Mogul just won, Strong Mandate (Lukas) came back to win, Pecorino (Pletcher) didn't win but ran well, Grand Arrival runs in todays 5th and Big Sugar Soda (Asmussen) will be one of the favs in Mondays Hopeful...I like Grand Arrival but will be on someone else in Hopeful, more on that later.
what a big race this has become

Disappointing MMM and Fort Larned both scratched from the Woodward, should set up pretty well for Paynter.
yeah, this card really came undone...as it looks Turallure will be my best bet on the card, saver exacta w/ Silver Max on top...and I like Sage Valley quite a bit...Flat Out has a chance in the Woodward

Ron The Greek has a huge race in the slop at Gulfstream...but lack of pace is a huge concern

that race was such an anomaly for him though, he took the lead early and ran away from them. Haven't seen too many dead closers get up her lately. Think your right with Flat Out and maybe Successful Dan, I can't take the odds Paynter is going to o off at.

good shit on win bet, Lloyd...I have live doubles and pk's 3's...need 3,7 to cash and go forward...and 3 on dd's

Back