Saratoga Race Course 2013

R8: Pk 3 #3,7/1,4/1,4,5

With Ron's great slop race and thinking Javy will have him forwardly placed early...i'll throw him in...against Dan today

really hope this isn't the last turf race of the meet...have some live ones on turf next couple days, that's in jeopardy though

not how I planned but that's why saver tix are great, cash that pk3 and now need 1,4 to cash and as middle of other pk 3's

Amazing, the same connections that lost Saginaw yesterday win a Grade 1 with a horse that was running claimers as late as May of this year. You can't make this stuff up.

Amazing, the same connections that lost Saginaw yesterday win a Grade 1 with a horse that was running claimers as late as May of this year. You can't make this stuff up.
If anybody was ever going to find a Grade 1 winner running claimers it's those connections, they play the claim game as well as anyone.

yeah, saying not real g1 not knock on connections, just saying how that race should be judged when capping races later in the year

love the fact that most of the 3yos are pointing towards classic...if all goes as planned Moreno will be out there w/ Dude early

after meet, i'll set up Belmont Championship Fall Meet thread and set up a Count Down To The Cup thread :cheers:

9/1

Spa:

R1) if turf...I want 5,6
R2) 8 had tough trip in last
R3) not really finished w/ race but strong trainer pattern for 1, not only red hot but 1st Lasix on his maidens have been a huge angle L6 months
R4) 3 had trouble in last , 10 and 12 both dangerous off claim outfits
R9) if turf, 2 is interesting
R10) 9 was most impressive debut winner of meet imo

Monmouth:

Couple of 2yo stakes

R9) 1 had troubled trip @ Spa and 5, 2nd place finisher came back to win impressively @ Spa for A. Dutrow.
R11) 2 have been big fan of, see beginning of thread...things went wrong in last, maybe bounce back here

Spa 9/2

R3) 1 - scratched couple times, ive been waiting for though
R8) 3
R9) 2 - this is crazy, I rarely catch live races @ Delaware but saw this impressive winner, then noticed stakes was run in split divisions so forced to watch other division...not only was Long On Value a more impressive winner, but did it in over a second faster...now this horse shows up @ Spa...I have to play...noticed change in trainer and ownership so must have been purchased.

So apparently there is some controversy lingering after last week's Travers. Eric Guillot, trainer of second place finisher Moreno, has accused Luis Saez, jockey of winner Will Take Charge of carrying of electronic device during the race. Guillot has filed a complaint with the New York State Gaming Commission after his brother, Chip, saw the alleged device while watching replays of the race.

Late Pick 4 9-12

1,2,4/1,2,3,4,6,9/1/1,2,4,5,9,10

Gotta respect the 2 on the front end in the 9th, but Notacatbutallama is really good, and Tattenham on the turnback should be rolling late.

Race 10 - Not totally sold on the Pletcher baby, will hope to pull a price here in a wide open field.

Gonna lean on the entry in the 11th. Fast Falcon should get some nice pace to run at thanks to his running mate serving as the rabbit. FF has a towering class edge in this one, should finally get that 2nd win.

The closer is a total crapshoot. #10 should be on the engine, 1 and 4 are dropping from MSW, 2 and 5 have run OK at further and should be the fittest horses, and 9 has shown steady improvement and has a nice off-track pedigree. #7 being left off reluctantly, although its a curious spot for Romans to be in with a turf horse. Will be a saver bet if alive.

[h=1]Track Conditions[/h]
[h=3]Track & Turf Conditions for 9/2/2013[/h]Morning Time Weather: showery

Track Conditions: sloppy

Turf Conditions: OFF

Races Off the Turf: all

Daily Notes:

Conditions last updated: 9/2/2013 8:08:54 AM

So apparently there is some controversy lingering after last week's Travers. Eric Guillot, trainer of second place finisher Moreno, has accused Luis Saez, jockey of winner Will Take Charge of carrying of electronic device during the race. Guillot has filed a complaint with the New York State Gaming Commission after his brother, Chip, saw the alleged device while watching replays of the race.
I love how Lukas said, "somebody has a little trouble accepting defeat"...if Gulliot's claims are false...fuck him

DAILY NOTES
RACE 1-OFFTURF@5 1/2 FUR;RACE 2-OFFTURF@1 1/8 MI;RACE 3-OFFTURF@5 1/2 FUR;RACE 5-OFFTURF@5 1/2 FUR;RACE 8-OFFTURF@1 1/8 MI;RACE 10-OFFTURF@5 1/2 FUR

<tbody>
</tbody>

Back