Saban retiring...

Wow.

Who's next? Kirby? Dabo? Lane?
I don't think it will be Lane. Saban never forgave him for the 2016 CFP stuff, doubt he will give his blessing and I have to believe his opinion will carry some weight, good or bad. Most people seem to think Lanning is at the top of the list. Not sure Dabo would come anymore, but who knows? And I'm sure someone will at least reach out to Kirby, even if they know the answer

Though I do think NIL, and it's lack of regulation, was a big factor. He was all for players getting endorsements, but he was not supportive of what it has devolved into

Though I do think NIL, and it's lack of regulation, was a big factor. He was all for players getting endorsements, but he was not supportive of what it has devolved into
What has it devolved into? (I dont follow it closely)

Paying recruits to visit, paying them to sign, basically just pay for play. It’s written as players can use their name, image or likeness for profit, like endorsements, autographs, etc. But the ncaa put its head in the sand and schools started pushing the limits on giving out $
Like that pic someone posted of juco kid in a lambo

Rumors flying right now obviously. Not sure what to believe yet. Some of the best guys have reported that Byrne (our AD) told the team the new coach will be announced in 72 hours. Also hearing that Saban was interviewing coaching candidates yesterday and then retired today, giving some credence to the health rumors of his wife if it was just found out. Also a lot of smoke on Dan Lanning. Should be an interesting ride.

Getting old sucks. To see Carroll and Saban go in the same day is kinda depressing. Pretty sure by the sound of Pete's press conference though he still has gas in the tank.
There's a reason he's still staying on with the team, guy with that motor can't just tap out completely but guessing he'll enjoy some spare time that he likely never has.

Feb 14 Wed 2024
Next Alabama Head Coach (Others on Request)
01:00 PM
Dan Lanning
+200
Lane Kiffin
+400
Dabo Swinney
+500
Kalen DeBoer
+800
Deion Sanders
+1000
Steve Sarkisian
+1100
Pat Shurmur
+1200
Mike Norvell
+1200
Urban Meyer
+1400
Derek Dooley
+1600
Billy Napier
+1800
DeMeco Ryans
+2200
James Franklin
+2500
Sherrone Moore
+2500
Kirby Smart
+2500
Ryan Day
+2800
Marcus Freeman
+2800
Mike Shula
+3300
Will Muschamp
+4000
Mario Cristobal
+5000
Mike Vrabel
+5000
Dan Quinn
+6600
Brian Daboll
+6600

Rumors flying right now obviously. Not sure what to believe yet. Some of the best guys have reported that Byrne (our AD) told the team the new coach will be announced in 72 hours. Also hearing that Saban was interviewing coaching candidates yesterday and then retired today, giving some credence to the health rumors of his wife if it was just found out. Also a lot of smoke on Dan Lanning. Should be an interesting ride.

Oh no, Miss Terry sick?

Let’s make some money…is Lanning worth betting on at only +200?
Lots going on to only be +200, move to big 10 I'm sure is the biggest factor

Would think Dabo would be good with moving on if that's truly his dream job, not sure what their pecking order is from Bama perspective (the decision makers, not the base)

That said, SEC guy going to Bama as opposed to all that travel in the B1G would seem to make the most sense for Lanning. Crazy to think a job like Oregon could keep coming open the way it has/could be

Also I hate selfies but one with a Franklin ticket would be worth the investment

I don’t even believe him if it came to USC/Washington.

He know nothing about down this way
I agree. Just thought it was interesting he said it specifically. He usually is more vague so he can say he was right.

Also, Clemson is the biggest and best job Dabo will ever have unless his attitude towards the portal does a 180.

Lots going on to only be +200, move to big 10 I'm sure is the biggest factor

Would think Dabo would be good with moving on if that's truly his dream job, not sure what their pecking order is from Bama perspective (the decision makers, not the base)

That said, SEC guy going to Bama as opposed to all that travel in the B1G would seem to make the most sense for Lanning. Crazy to think a job like Oregon could keep coming open the way it has/could be

I think the Dabo ship has sailed, on both sides

I think the Dabo ship has sailed, on both sides

Given his apparent disdain for the NIL, the ship has sailed on Swinney being (overly) sucessful now, anywhere. Especially in the SEC.

Not sure why he's even considered a viable candidate given his seemingly archaic mindset and resistance to adapt to CFB as it is in today's world.

Back