• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Saban retiring...

So, is this where I start listing out Southern guys who failed in the SEC ?

Before I get beat up…

I lived in the South for 20 years , I understand what college football means down there.

Doesn’t it tell you something that Bama didn’t really care about the so called “cultural “ thing with this hire .

That tells me it’s not that important , or at least not a deal breaker

most of their top targets probably did not want the job TBH, being in the shadow and all of the GOAT.

my opinion.

So, is this where I start listing out Southern guys who failed in the SEC ?

Before I get beat up…

I lived in the South for 20 years , I understand what college football means down there.

Doesn’t it tell you something that Bama didn’t really care about the so called “cultural “ thing with this hire .

That tells me it’s not that important , or at least not a deal breaker
I know and I hear you. I heard someone say it’s actually an advantage (ludicrous).

I’ll be super curious

He took the FAU job leading into the playoffs that year. Saban did not think he handled the transition well, especially compared to Kirby the year before. And then Sark showed up to walk throughs the morning of the natty drunk, and Saban blamed it on Kiffin forcing him to fire him.

Oooh that's saucy.

struck gold with Penix transferring over.

it will be very interesting to see what happens in Tuscaloosa then next 3 years.

In this offense, you better have a damn good QB. Shouldn't be a problem at bama.

They will have to switch from a dual threat QB and run heavy team to more back in the Tua days when Saban opened it up.

In this offense, you better have a damn good QB. Shouldn't be a problem at bama.

They will have to switch from a dual threat QB and run heavy team to more back in the Tua days when Saban opened it up.
As of today, the worst QB talent-wise in Tuscaloosa finished 6th in the Heisman voting

This is actually a great place for him to go. Maybe after he wins the natty next year.
I've had enough with being irrelevant and thats all Miami will be with Cristobal. Yeah Kiffin isn't a great character but if he wins he can do whatever he wants.

But it would probably eliminate him from head coach consideration, no?
Maybe for a proud program like Alabama but beggars like Miami have to do whatever it takes to get back to what they were. They can always put some sort of character clause in his contract if he does something completely unacceptable.

As small and private as Miami is it's amazing how relevant they've been. Obviously the JJ years were a bit more lax when it came to the FB program
JJ was a choir boy compared to Erickson but its a shame that they've been completely irrelevant since Butch Davis left.

Reactions: KJ
Maybe for a proud program like Alabama but beggars like Miami have to do whatever it takes to get back to what they were. They can always put some sort of character clause in his contract if he does something completely unacceptable.

A big start would be having a stadium that's not 20 miles from campus.

My only concerns with Deboer is, he isn't really known as a recruiter and his defenses will have to be much better than he's had at Washington.

He might have some 2023 LSU type teams to start.

My only concerns with Deboer is, he isn't really known as a recruiter and his defenses will have to be much better than he's had at Washington.

So we got a guy from South Dakota that isn’t really known for recruiting coming to Alabama

And we jumping for joy?

Recruiting is clearly the biggest concern. The script A on his shirt should help, and hopefully that is the only area where Saban helps out from his new office in the stadium unless KDB asks. I know it's a different sport, but Nate Oats was an unknown recruiter when he came down here too

I think that interview is the first time I've ever seen Rece talk about being an Alabama fan
He's good at that job from what I've seen, filled in nicely for what Fowler left. Would never have known who he is a fan of which makes the elite. Fowler was very good at that as well and while we ended up knowing he went to CU, he hardly ever talked about it.

The problem with the rest of the show is everyone finally quit trying and decided to just go full blown bias, Herb is so bad now. He used to be somewhat tolerable when not talking about tOSU and he clearly has an affinity for ND as well. The Aikman effect was bound to hit CFB at some point I guess.

He's good at that job from what I've seen, filled in nicely for what Fowler left. Would never have known who he is a fan of which makes the elite. Fowler was very good at that as well and while we ended up knowing he went to CU, he hardly ever talked about it.

The problem with the rest of the show is everyone finally quit trying and decided to just go full blown bias, Herb is so bad now. He used to be somewhat tolerable when not talking about tOSU and he clearly has an affinity for ND as well. The Aikman effect was bound to hit CFB at some point I guess.
We don't have a lot in the media space, but while we have Greg McElroy going out of his way to prove he's not biased, we also have Mark Ingram going full blown Gump anytime he has a chance lol

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
We don't have a lot in the media space, but while we have Greg McElroy going out of his way to prove he's not biased, we also have Mark Ingram going full blown Gump anytime he has a chance lol
That's the kicker, big difference between PbP and analyst too, much easier to keep bias out when your job is to control the flow. But I hope McElroy doesn't become that guy that doesn't say what he's thinking in an effort to not be biased. We all know you went there, just throw in criticism when it's warranted and praise away when they're good.

Herbie hardly ever criticizes tOSU, he's an excuse maker with a microphone. I guess it's blatant at least.

I pay pretty close attention to the Cowboys and don't see a Dallas bias from Aikman. I think he does a good job of being critical or complimentary as necessary, when calling a game or otherwise. He has a Thursday morning show on local radio and has not hesitated to take shots at Jones / the family, Dallas coaching, Prescott and others. He's tactful when being critical but is critical when he sees fit, at least from what I've seen and heard.

I'm just now hearing about this Courtney Morgan guy, and I like what I'm hearing

I don’t think Saban will ever forgive him for how he handled the playoffs in 2016, but no, it’s a very prominent booster and his friends that will forever block Kiffin from coming to Tuscaloosa

Lane wear out some boosters wife or maybe the daughter?

Back