Rumblings from a Philly 76ers fan

• Thread starter Thread starter dudleysdad
  • Start date Start date
D

dudleysdad

I do watch them every night they play and I am a bit confused on some things. One thing is the way Brett Brown will give a guy 28-32 minutes for a stretch of games and the kids(grant, mcdaniels) plays well and then all of a sudden for no reason the kids gets to reduced to 18 minutes. I would be playing them as many minutes as possible for the rest of the year. Stop giving major minutes to a bum in Luc Mba Moute, he lucked into the roster b/c he is friends with Embiid, so sit his ass on the bench with Embiid and give the minutes to the young guys.

Robert Covington was an amazing pick up basically off the street. He is 6'9'', can shoot the 3 and does all the little things, one game he had 7 steals. The guy is going to get paid, he went living on paycheck to paycheck to in a few months getting a contract that will be over 30 million dollars.

My thoughts on MCW, I would trade him right now. I would rather have Tony Wroten as my PG of the future. I bet some of you are laughing at this thought but Wroten is only 21 yrs old, he has one thing you cannot teach and that is a first step, he can get by anyone and finishes. Yes he does need to improve his turnovers but so does MCW. MCW has such a long motion on his jumper that I dont see him ever being a great shooter and he likes to throw up shots. They cant play together, you gotta pick one and its very easy to that I go Wroten and trade MCW also b/c you will get more for MCW.

Noel is a string bean but he is improving and he seems like a good kid. He is not going to be a go to play but a guy that can block shots, alter shots and rebound which every team needs.

will add more later lol
boring day as you can guess so I gave down a 76ers breakdown
:BallSpin2:

dudley,

Fun thread. I have actually been following the sixers a ton this year because despite Deadspin insisting they are a disgrace to life, I really enjoy what they are doing. They are giving kids who never would have gotten a chance to show what they've got a real opportunity, and some are looking alright while others are trying so hard but clearly just can't cut it at this level. And that is ok, it is a "throw a bunch of shit against a wall and see what sticks" approach, and it is 1000x more fun than the days where they were good for an 8 seed and out in the first round, followed by the 18 pick in the draft. This team is going places.

I disagree on the MCW/Wroten thing. Truthfully, the PG who will be running the team when they are making actual playoff runs is likely not on the roster now, but now with Wroten this is his 2nd ACL tear and with the way he plays, I can't trust him to not do it again. He plays so wrecklessly, and who knows how he will heal from this. Lost of players are never the same.

I tweet all the time about how much I hate MCW, but I do hold out hope that once the Sixers get a superstar scorer, he will understand his role and not try to be "the man." He should never be taking big shots, and until he improves his shooting he really shouldn't be taking any shots. I wish that this Frazier kid had a bit more talent because I love his mindset for a pg.

Having said that, if they were to get D'angelo Russell and MCW was ok with being a true point guard who focused on running the offense and setting up Russell, that could be a very fun back court. He just would have to change his game and shoot less, otherwise he is a problem. Trading him now is not the answer though, as his value is not very high. Trading him after last year woulda been nice, and then taking Exum, but who knows, Embiid could be great.

Love Covington, love Grant and love KJ...these guys are players who are only gonna get better and who could stick with the team. Heck even guys like Henry Sims and Hollis Thompson aren't bad. Luc is terrible but if he can keep Embiid in check I'm fine with him here for the time being.

Overall I have loved the hell out of this season. The team always gives full effort which makes them watchable every game, and sometimes they even pull out a win. I really really really want Russell on this team.

Would love to see Jordan McRae get some minutes post-ASB too. He looked better than the rest of these guys all summer. If Hinke swept the board with his 2nd rounders, that would be an incredible feat.

Dwoww,
Man Tim Frazier looks like a mouse out there, u don't realize how tall NBA players are, Frazier at PSU didn't look that small now he gets on the floor and looks like a midget.
I am a bit curious why they let Larry Drew go, he did not look bad to me at all, ran the pg spot better than mcw, lol
Yeah I would love to see the shooter from UT mcrae.

And between McDaniels and grant, man they have had some nasty dunks on people.

Covington saved my fantasy season lol
He fills up the stat lines for sure

why so much hate for moute? havent watched so no idea.. Curious..

Not a fan of wroten (had watched some of him) and his turnovers... some turnovers can be explained... his can't..

why so much hate for moute? havent watched so no idea.. Curious..

Not a fan of wroten (had watched some of him) and his turnovers... some turnovers can be explained... his can't..
Can't shoot at all, overpaid and not going to part of this team long term

Can't shoot at all, overpaid and not going to part of this team long term

Cant shoot or just shooting poorly? Can he do anything else? looks like he has some talent.. i get the long term plan thing...
maybe showcasing him for a trade? You guys like to trade.. :)

Cant shoot or just shooting poorly? Can he do anything else? looks like he has some talent.. i get the long term plan thing...
maybe showcasing him for a trade? You guys like to trade.. :)
He is only on the roster cuz he is tight with embiid
I would say can't shoot since its 40 games into him laying bricks

He is only on the roster cuz he is tight with embiid
I would say can't shoot since its 40 games into him laying bricks

geez he has been getting 30 minutes a night.... why do you think? cant just be because he is friends with Embiid?

oh- McDaniels has been a great find..

geez he has been getting 30 minutes a night.... why do you think? cant just be because he is friends with Embiid?
No idea, brown should be giving his minutes to McDaniels and grant

Luc has been solid all year. No he is not part of the future, but he has been playing well. He probably gets traded at the deadline for a second round pick. KJ was slumping for a while, but playing better again. If he can become a better shooter he could be a great role player. Sims probably gets traded at the deadline for a second round pick as well. Brett brown is not going anywhere. He has done a great job with these kids. Their reasoning for cutting drew was that they wanted their roster to be more flexible. Personally i like him better than frazier, but probably doesn't make much of a difference. I think this team could be a playoff team next year. Just won 4 in a row at home. Who would have thought that?

Yes if I was kj McDaniels I would spend the off season shooting 500 jump shots a day.
I don't care if he is slumping let him play thru it and sit luc on the bench
Same with grant, let him work thru it
Sims can help a playoff team for sure

Junior ive heard "sims for a 2nd" rumblings too but I hate it bc most 2nd rounders end up half as good as sims

Yea. I like Sims coming off the bench. I would prefer they keep him but only if they plan on resigning him. He is a restricted free agent at the end of the season. If hinkie doesn't plan on keeping him though, you might as well get something for him.

how about that kj mcdaniels throwing it off the backboard and following it with a dunk lol
seems like the warriors were sleepwalking all night, they knew when to turn it on and off

Robert Covington was an amazing pick up basically off the street. He is 6'9'', can shoot the 3 and does all the little things, one game he had 7 steals. The guy is going to get paid, he went living on paycheck to paycheck to in a few months getting a contract that will be over 30 million dollars.

This isnt true

Hes under contract through 2017/18 for like a million bucks a year

Glad they moved mcw. But we all know the Lakers will be picking top 5, no way league lets em slide outta top 3.

Don't like the trading of mcdaniels though. Unless they felt like they didn't want to pay him next yr as someone will.
But u hit on that pick(mcdaniels), how many times u think u will connect on picks like that? He def can be a role player on a good team.

Back