Round 2 Series Prices out of hand?

Dollaz

Pretty much a regular
I think so.

I believe all three of the Wiz/Ind, LAC/Thunder, and Port/SA are far closer to coin flips than the lines reflect.

How will the Pacers counteract the combo of Nene/Gortat down low? Will they be forced to play Hibbert more, in which case that's a player on the court that cannot score. Paul George is obviously a monster, but the length/defensive ability of Ariza could give him some problems. Where else do they get points from? David West? The Wiz can throw multiple big bodies at him.

Granted, the Wizards will have trouble scoring at times as well. But, I believe they will have the best player on the court in Wall and his ability to knock down jumpers and 3 pointers has really elevated this team. When they need baskets, they can look to Wall/Beal or even get the ball to Nene/Gortat if a matchup presents itself. Heck, they even have a chance at Ariza or Webster getting hot in 1-2 games and hitting 5-6 three pointers. Think it will be a tough series, but Indiana really had to battle and the Wiz had a relatively easy series so the Wiz could easily steal one of the first 2 games and them I'm sitting pretty.

LAC/OKC. This is the one that I have the least amount of faith in. The Clippers have the talent, obviously, but they don't get stops. THunder have not looked good this whole postseason, but you know Durant can turn it on at any moment and will not have Tony Allen in his head. I think the Thunder take the series, but I would have put them in the 150 range.

Port/SA. I just love Portlands starting 5 and we are seeing the Lilliard/LA combo becoming one of the best in basketball. I just think this line is out of wack.

Wizards +160
Clippers +175
Portland +320

all 1 unit a piece.

1 game in and opportunity for free money is there. Indy is +145 and OKC is +125.

Took Blazers +7 here, but I do feel like they steal one of the two.

portland's lack of depth is going to be challenged in this series imo

Yeah, I agree to a certain extent. I would take Portlands starting 5 over almost anyone, but there bench and lack of defense will come back to bite them. I just think the odds that Lilliard is good enough to carry them past the Spurs are better than +335 would imply.

he's not carrying the team vs the spurs though... i understand that tony parker isnt the greatest defender but he's much better than anything the rockets had and as a team the spurs are better than the rockets by a landslide

your stars can only carry you so far, role players have to step up especially at home... i just dont know if portland has enough there... dallas certainly did to compete

Lets just say I'm not the biggest Spurs fan there is. And if they play like they did against Dallas, they will be home, imo. The Spurs 3 point defense will be the key in this series.

I liked Portland, but the more I thought about it, the more I changed my mind. Spurs know who is going to score and they will eliminate them. Spurs bench also better than Portland IMO. Spurs take it in 5 or 6 I think. Took Wash and wished I took Clippers!

good start.

Back