Richard Sherman

sherm2.gif%3Fw%3D400%26h%3D310

:rofl:

From the sounds of it, there seems to be a perception from a few that Richard Sherman is the only one in the NFL that talks trash. Maybe he's the only one that says stuff in public. Either way, he backs up what he says.

It's a game people. Have fun with it. Remember... No Fun League....??????

Fitzgerald said sherman doesnt talk shit to him...bc he doesnt talk shit.

FitZ is no mediocre wr tho...hahahahah fuck the niners

Sherman said that he crabtree talked shit to him in personal convos and during the game and he decided to make it public. Thats not how its done. In the real world, he was get punished one way or another for that type of behavior.

Also, Malcolm smith is from the Valley where i live in Socal. Both he and his bro Steve Smith (Giants WR) went to Taft High School. I know someone who is very close friends with him. He told me on Friday when i asked him about the Adderal thing being so popular in Seattle that they all take it up there and its nothing. I don't think anything of this except the fact that people trying to say that Sherman won his appeal for the failed drug test. He may have won his appeal like Ryan Braun, but that doesn't mean he wasn't dirty.

people just gotta chill the fukk out.......jfc....not that big of deal.....getting upset/ranting over an interview by an athlete.........first world problems at their best (or worst if you will)...

as for the substance, sherman tells no lies about being the best corner in game

Yeah, I'm more stunned by the reaction … maybe I wasn't up on the backstory. To me, it was just some guy's excited, incoherent ramblings.

Sherman said that he crabtree talked shit to him in personal convos and during the game and he decided to make it public. Thats not how its done. In the real world, he was get punished one way or another for that type of behavior.

Also, Malcolm smith is from the Valley where i live in Socal. Both he and his bro Steve Smith (Giants WR) went to Taft High School. I know someone who is very close friends with him. He told me on Friday when i asked him about the Adderal thing being so popular in Seattle that they all take it up there and its nothing. I don't think anything of this except the fact that people trying to say that Sherman won his appeal for the failed drug test. He may have won his appeal like Ryan Braun, but that doesn't mean he wasn't dirty.

there is an etiquette to trash talking? Nobody ever put somebody on blast in public before? come on...

and what is the punishment in the real world for speaking your mind? Lose your job? Fortunately for him, he's in a career where this type of thing is allowed, but I'm sure he's well aware of that....

Watch the video. He sticks his hand out for something. If it ain't a handshake, what is it?

Right, I pointed this out earlier....but, I think Twinkie's (and others) point is that he wasn't being sincere and was just being a wise ass at the time with the handshake and butt patt.

I thought he was being sincere about it, when watching it happen, but then he gave the interview and he may not have been being sincere. Or, Crabtree just set him off with the face shove, so while he was being sincere initially, he got pissed off at the shove and let it be known in the interview.

It can work both ways though. How many white guys do you see jumping around like idiots after every tackle they make? How many white guys grab a ball that clearly wasn't fumbled, with every official blowing their whistle 10 times, and run all the way to the other endzone time and time again?

wait, what??

you do know that something like 65% of the NFL is black right? so that means the probability of seeing a black guy jump around after a tackle, grab a potential turnover and run or do anything...

jj watt and clay matthews have insane celebrations after a sack. you mean like that?

and i've seen sean lee grab a loose ball a lot and take off runnin. If a play ends up being a fumble after reviewing it, don't they then award possession to the team that clearly recovered the ball?

Richard Sherman is a piece of shit and is all that is wrong with sports. It's that me first bullshit that makes me pretty much hate the NBA. I'm guessing someone would say that those thoughts make me a racist.

hope we never meet for 30 seconds.

wait, what??

you do know that something like 65% of the NFL is black right? so that means the probability of seeing a black guy jump around after a tackle, grab a potential turnover and run or do anything...

jj watt and clay matthews have insane celebrations after a sack. you mean like that?

and i've seen sean lee grab a loose ball a lot and take off runnin. If a play ends up being a fumble after reviewing it, don't they then award possession to the team that clearly recovered the ball?

No, not after a sack, after a tackle for a 12 yard gain that resulted in a FD for the other team. After a TD, or a sack, or even a huge play that changes the game or wins the game I have no issue with...I don't think many would. I'm talking about those dudes that celebrate shit they SHOULD do, since they are playing football.

I haven't seen Sean Lee do that, but I'll take your word for it. Whether they reward possession to the team that clearly recovered it has nothing to do with running all the way to the endzone with the ball. And this has been happening well before the rule you referred to, and even before the instant replay system.

And your 65% comment means that it should happen twice as often, it's nowhere near that if we're actually keeping track. It's probably more like 50 to 1.

Richard Sherman is a piece of shit and is all that is wrong with sports. It's that me first bullshit that makes me pretty much hate the NBA. I'm guessing someone would say that those thoughts make me a racist.

not at all, only a fucking retard would think that's a racist comment....agree with everything you said....that pussy ass Predator lookin' MF needs his teeth kicked down his f'kin' throat

No, not after a sack, after a tackle for a 12 yard gain that resulted in a FD for the other team. After a TD, or a sack, or even a huge play that changes the game or wins the game I have no issue with...I don't think many would. I'm talking about those dudes that celebrate shit they SHOULD do, since they are playing football.

I haven't seen Sean Lee do that, but I'll take your word for it. Whether they reward possession to the team that clearly recovered it has nothing to do with running all the way to the endzone with the ball. And this has been happening well before the rule you referred to, and even before the instant replay system.

And your 65% comment means that it should happen twice as often, it's nowhere near that if we're actually keeping track. It's probably more like 50 to 1.

let me get this straight. black players do these specific things you mentioned about 50 times before a white player does it once?

let me get this straight. black players do these specific things you mentioned about 50 times before a white player does it once?

What's the real number? 20, 30? I picked a number, it may not be the right one. It happens much more often though, and I don't think that's an opinion. I'm simply stating what we all see every week.

He just made the game saving play to help win one of the biggest games in franchise history. A team sport in a game with several gritty efforts but when the mic is handed to him to represent his franchise he responds with like 6-7 I's or me's and not one we.

I agree with fondy, sports are becoming a joke with this shit.

Next time a guy picks up a ball after the whistle and dashes toward the end zone, I'm going to pay attention, I'll tell you that much.

What's the real number? 20, 30? I picked a number, it may not be the right one. It happens much more often though, and I don't think that's an opinion. I'm simply stating what we all see every week.

not sure what we you're referring to, but i don't see that every week. and more importantly, i don't see it being a black/white thing. just think some people are wired differently. and when was the last time someone celebrated a tackle after a 12 yard gain and a first down? i don't think i've ever seen that.

furthermore, i'm willing to wager that the people that make tackles, get potential loose balls, or do other things that you don't find appropriate, are more than 65% black. so again, the probability of them doing something that you don't like is much higher. figure most gringos in the league are o-linemen,kickers and qbs. but i could be wrong.

Hardly any black kickers and punters … what gives? Reggie Roby back in the day. Think the Browns had a black punter a few years ago, he stunk. I remember some Haitian kicker a while back getting busted for smuggling or something. This is a bigger concern than the dead ball runaway club … Why can't black guys kick? And while we're at it, what's with the grape soda?

The Raiders have a black punter

this!!!

someone @ work made the joke "you'll never see a black punter" because black people and their skills don't allow them to be just a punter...then I brought up the black punter fom Oakland, did he feel dumb

On this day of all days, I think we should recognize the pioneers of black kicking and punting. Reggie Roby. The Raiders guy. And all the rest.

not sure what we you're referring to, but i don't see that every week. and more importantly, i don't see it being a black/white thing. just think some people are wired differently. and when was the last time someone celebrated a tackle after a 12 yard gain and a first down? i don't think i've ever seen that.

furthermore, i'm willing to wager that the people that make tackles, get potential loose balls, or do other things that you don't find appropriate, are more than 65% black. so again, the probability of them doing something that you don't like is much higher. figure most gringos in the league are o-linemen,kickers and qbs. but i could be wrong.

Richard Sherman did it vs NO more than once. I've said that a few times in this thread now. Go and watch the game if you can somehow and then tell me he didn't. I was watching the game with a buddy of mine, and he insisted on rewinding it every time Sherman did something like that because he can't stand him. He even celebrated and did whatever he was doing after someone else made a play and he was in the area.

From the sounds of it, there seems to be a perception from a few that Richard Sherman is the only one in the NFL that talks trash. Maybe he's the only one that says stuff in public. Either way, he backs up what he says.

It's a game people. Have fun with it. Remember... No Fun League....??????
I just thought it was bush league to go right at crabtree in the interview and say Look at me Im the best!!!! 3 rd year in the league, chill out. Maybe you are the best, I don't care.

I understand the mic was right in his face after too. I just think it was bush...

He just made the game saving play to help win one of the biggest games in franchise history. A team sport in a game with several gritty efforts but when the mic is handed to him to represent his franchise he responds with like 6-7 I's or me's and not one we.

I agree with fondy, sports are becoming a joke with this shit.

Ahh looks like like somebody either put him in his place or he came to his senses.

More @RSherman_25: "I apologize for attacking an individual and taking the attention away from the fantastic game by my teammates. That was not my intent.''

cmon, you really think he RAN up to him to say "hey man good game"

I am sorry I just do not buy that

This is what Sherman said that he said...

I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off.

It's out there, so unless Crabtree calls him a liar, we should take Sherman for his word.

cmon, you really think he RAN up to him to say "hey man good game"

I am sorry I just do not buy that

There isnt a snowballs chance in hell he was honestly trying to shake his hand and tell him good game. Was probably more like shake the hand of your owner you bitch.

Neon Deion Sanders in one of may favorite players EVER. It doesn't get more bragging, swagging than that. I am all for celebrations, and the fighting out there, and the shit talking. But leave it there.

I think Sherman had a real shitty moment just calling out Crabtree, I am sorry. My opinion will not be changed.

Smart, great player. Shitty thing to do. End/

and he has since apologized. good work.

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman has apologized a day after targeting the play of San Francisco 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree with several harsh rebukes after Sunday night's NFC Championship win.
Sherman's deflection of a pass intended for Crabtree in the end zone during the closing minute, which bounced into the grasp of Seahawks linebacker Malcolm Smith, sealed the 23-17 win over the visiting 49ers to earn Seattle a matchup with the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl.
[h=4]SVP & Russillo[/h]
Seahawks CB Richard Sherman talks to SVP & Russillo about the reaction to his post-game comments regarding Michael Crabtree, the play which sealed the win for the Seahawks and more.

"I apologize for attacking an individual and taking the attention away from the fantastic game by my teammates ... That was not my intent," Sherman said Monday in a text message to ESPN's Ed Werder.
Sherman also addressed his postgame comments in an interview Monday with ESPN Radio on the "SVP and Russillo" show.
"Obviously I could have worded things better and could obviously have had a better reaction and done things differently," he said during the interview. "But it is what it is now, and people's reactions are what they are."
Sherman was rarely targeted by San Francisco, with most of the throws going toward Sherman's teammate Byron Maxwell. But 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick challenged the All-Pro with 22 seconds left to play.
[h=4]More From ESPN.com[/h]
blount_terry_m.jpg
The Seahawks came up with the game-changing plays at the end of the night to advance to the Super Bowl, writes Terry Blount. Story

<center style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;">
</center>
fox_ashley_m.jpg
Seattle's confident defense, led by Richard Sherman, turned back the 49ers and won't be afraid of Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl, writes Ashley Fox. Story

<center style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;">
</center>
williamson_bill_m.jpg
The 49ers finish a third straight season on a bitter note. They will have the offseason to figure out how to finish, writes Bill Williamson. Story

Clayton: Peyton is the storyline
Sando: Defense still key to title?
in.gif

Radio: Mike & Mike weigh in
Stats & Info: Keys to victory
Betting: Broncos favored | Lines
Super matchup | Super Bowl Central
SN: Who wins Super Bowl? | Weather?
Gallery: Title games in photos
History: Previous NFC title games

Sherman stayed with Crabtree, leaped and batted the ball into the air with his left hand. That allowed Smith to run underneath and make the interception that clinched the victory. It was San Francisco's third turnover in the fourth quarter.
"I knew if I tipped it high enough, someone would get there," Sherman said.
After the interception, Sherman ran over to Crabtree and gave him a pat on the backside then appeared to extend his arm for a handshake. Instead, Sherman got shoved in the face before picking up a personal foul as his celebration continued.
"I was making sure everyone knew Crabtree was a mediocre receiver," Sherman said in his postgame news conference. "And when you try the best corner in the game with a mediocre receiver, that's what happens. I appreciate that he knows that now. There has been a lot of talk from him running his mouth about me."
Sherman, 25, led the league with eight interceptions this season. The two-time Pro Bowler has 20 career interceptions in three seasons, all with Seattle.
Sherman attempted to explain his mindset and provide context for his postgame tirade in a column posted Monday morning on mmqb.com. Sherman also responded to widespread criticism, some of which he alleged was racist in nature, that he has received since the game.
"To those who would call me a thug or worse because I show passion on a football field -- don't judge a person's character by what they do between the lines," Sherman wrote in the column posted on mmqb.com. "Judge a man by what he does off the field, what he does for his community, what he does for his family.
"But people find it easy to take shots on Twitter, and to use racial slurs and bullying language far worse than what you'll see from me. It's sad and somewhat unbelievable to me that the world is still this way, but it is. I can handle it."
Sherman also took to Twitter on Monday to reply to some racially fueled backlash.
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" title="Embedded Tweet" width="500" height="186" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 16.6200008392334px; display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible;"></iframe>Sherman said his issues with Crabtree go back to something that happened during the offseason.
"He said something personal face-to-face," Sherman said. "He knows what he said, and he knows I'm going to be tough on him the rest of his career."

and he has since apologized. good work.

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman has apologized a day after targeting the play of San Francisco 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree with several harsh rebukes after Sunday night's NFC Championship win.
Sherman's deflection of a pass intended for Crabtree in the end zone during the closing minute, which bounced into the grasp of Seahawks linebacker Malcolm Smith, sealed the 23-17 win over the visiting 49ers to earn Seattle a matchup with the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl.
SVP & Russillo

Seahawks CB Richard Sherman talks to SVP & Russillo about the reaction to his post-game comments regarding Michael Crabtree, the play which sealed the win for the Seahawks and more.

"I apologize for attacking an individual and taking the attention away from the fantastic game by my teammates ... That was not my intent," Sherman said Monday in a text message to ESPN's Ed Werder.
Sherman also addressed his postgame comments in an interview Monday with ESPN Radio on the "SVP and Russillo" show.
"Obviously I could have worded things better and could obviously have had a better reaction and done things differently," he said during the interview. "But it is what it is now, and people's reactions are what they are."
Sherman was rarely targeted by San Francisco, with most of the throws going toward Sherman's teammate Byron Maxwell. But 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick challenged the All-Pro with 22 seconds left to play.
More From ESPN.com

blount_terry_m.jpg
The Seahawks came up with the game-changing plays at the end of the night to advance to the Super Bowl, writes Terry Blount. Story

</center>
fox_ashley_m.jpg
Seattle's confident defense, led by Richard Sherman, turned back the 49ers and won't be afraid of Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl, writes Ashley Fox. Story

</center>
williamson_bill_m.jpg
The 49ers finish a third straight season on a bitter note. They will have the offseason to figure out how to finish, writes Bill Williamson. Story

Clayton: Peyton is the storyline
Sando: Defense still key to title?
in.gif

Radio: Mike & Mike weigh in
Stats & Info: Keys to victory
Betting: Broncos favored | Lines
Super matchup | Super Bowl Central
SN: Who wins Super Bowl? | Weather?
Gallery: Title games in photos
History: Previous NFC title games

Sherman stayed with Crabtree, leaped and batted the ball into the air with his left hand. That allowed Smith to run underneath and make the interception that clinched the victory. It was San Francisco's third turnover in the fourth quarter.
"I knew if I tipped it high enough, someone would get there," Sherman said.
After the interception, Sherman ran over to Crabtree and gave him a pat on the backside then appeared to extend his arm for a handshake. Instead, Sherman got shoved in the face before picking up a personal foul as his celebration continued.
"I was making sure everyone knew Crabtree was a mediocre receiver," Sherman said in his postgame news conference. "And when you try the best corner in the game with a mediocre receiver, that's what happens. I appreciate that he knows that now. There has been a lot of talk from him running his mouth about me."
Sherman, 25, led the league with eight interceptions this season. The two-time Pro Bowler has 20 career interceptions in three seasons, all with Seattle.
Sherman attempted to explain his mindset and provide context for his postgame tirade in a column posted Monday morning on mmqb.com. Sherman also responded to widespread criticism, some of which he alleged was racist in nature, that he has received since the game.
"To those who would call me a thug or worse because I show passion on a football field -- don't judge a person's character by what they do between the lines," Sherman wrote in the column posted on mmqb.com. "Judge a man by what he does off the field, what he does for his community, what he does for his family.
"But people find it easy to take shots on Twitter, and to use racial slurs and bullying language far worse than what you'll see from me. It's sad and somewhat unbelievable to me that the world is still this way, but it is. I can handle it."
Sherman also took to Twitter on Monday to reply to some racially fueled backlash.
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" title="Embedded Tweet" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 16.6200008392334px; display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible;" scrolling="no" width="500" frameborder="0" height="186"></iframe>Sherman said his issues with Crabtree go back to something that happened during the offseason.
"He said something personal face-to-face," Sherman said. "He knows what he said, and he knows I'm going to be tough on him the rest of his career."

CDS put his apology tweet in post 288 Twinkie. Did you skim read him? :wacky:

1. he did not swear
2. he made a heckuva play to win the game
3. he is the best corner in the game
4. he has a degree from stanford
5. he was disrespected by jim harbaugh at stanford repeatedly
6. he plans out what he does and gets publicity for his team in seattle
7. he writes very insightful and educated articles on mmqb
8. he made erin andrews look ugly
9. he showed us what a chicks face looks like when she is very unattracted to a man
10. he's not boring like russell wilson

do i like him, not really except when he was part of my fantasy team, but he can ball.

:rofl:

VlGMPcB.gif

Back