Retro VK North Carolina Golf Trip: A Capping Contest

Teapot/needlenose tied ; teapot 11 db bogeys to needlenose 12 dbl bogeys so teapot wins round two via tiebreaker

Looks like a beautiful day out there. He's not playing great via the text I just got but plenty of time to get a few magical holes in.

Also, i dont cheat. I count my shots. Less than 50% do. Embarrassing? Yes. Worst three day stretch ever for my golf? You betcha. But I am an honest golfer
I respect that you count them all and you know your abilities and don’t act like you’re a 9 handicap... one of my guys (4 rounds last 3 days) thought he was scratch but he was realistically a 20... so many “I just don’t get it” and “this never happens” and “what am I doing differently?”

I was playing with this guy the other day and I saw his index was an 8. mrtake is in the same flight as he is for the member/member and asked me if it was true. Hell no, not even close - we had just played 9 and he had no pars and lost 6 balls. He shot a 124 yesterday.

I cannot stand dishonest golfers.

I was playing with this guy the other day and I saw his index was an 8. mrtake is in the same flight as he is for the member/member and asked me if it was true. Hell no, not even close - we had just played 9 and he had no pars and lost 6 balls. He shot a 124 yesterday.

I cannot stand dishonest golfers.
I’d rather play with a guy that thinks he’s an 8 and shoots 124 than a guy who plays to a 17 and shoots a 74 gross.

It was a lot of fun guys thanks for running the contest... When/where is the CTG golf outing? I would love to find infowhen available.
In a half kidding manner VK mentioned it the other night. We'll have to do something sometime. It would be awesome. Desert SW sounds good or Florida area during winter.

In a half kidding manner VK mentioned it the other night. We'll have to do something sometime. It would be awesome. Desert SW sounds good or Florida area during winter.
Let’s do Innisbrook outside of tampa... I’d suggest Streamsong but it’s very $$$ and when you’re there you’re locked into the place and there’s nothing within 30 mins of the place literally...

Also, i dont cheat. I count my shots. Less than 50% do. Embarrassing? Yes. Worst three day stretch ever for my golf? You betcha. But I am an honest golfer
Appreciate the honesty, but I’ll be the bad guy here. At your level you shouldn’t be worried about counting all your shots, you should be focused just on improving your game, and also keeping up with pace of play. USGA only allows for a maximum of a 10 on any hole with Equitable Stroke Control. After 9 strokes pick it up and move on.

Appreciate the honesty, but I’ll be the bad guy here. At your level you shouldn’t be worried about counting all your shots, you should be focused just on improving your game, and also keeping up with pace of play. USGA only allows for a maximum of a 10 on any hole with Equitable Stroke Control. After 9 strokes pick it up and move on.
Emphasis on pace of play....

I was faster than the 12 handicap I was with and we pulled away from the group behind us ... though I admit, I wouldn't have cared had we not. I also don't see why one cannot count strokes while trying to improve their game

Pace of play is key. I know plenty of handicaps under 5 that just absolutely back up the course at our club. I know plenty of 20 ish that can play rounds in 3 hours.

If you pulled away from the group behind you then you were probably fine today, either that or they were brutal.

But faster in what way? I'm curious. Do you not have a pre-shot routine? Are you not making an effort to read your putts? What is making you a faster player?

You should care if you're holding up trailing groups. Its common courtesy. There is frankly no excuse for a 6 or 8 putt. I can't believe that isn't slowing down your group greatly unless you're not really trying to putt well and are just knocking the ball around.

Also, most improvement I've had has come during practice. My game goes to shit if all I do is play rounds.

If you pulled away from the group behind you then you were probably fine today, either that or they were brutal.

But faster in what way? I'm curious. Do you not have a pre-shot routine? Are you not making an effort to read your putts? What is making you a faster player?

You should care if you're holding up trailing groups. Its common courtesy. There is frankly no excuse for a 6 or 8 putt. I can't believe that isn't slowing down your group greatly unless you're not really trying to putt well and are just knocking the ball around.

Also, most improvement I've had has come during practice. My game goes to shit if all I do is play rounds.
No ... the better players are SUPER slow

You are being a jackass.

I tried on every shot. I went beyond just checking lines myself, I got outside input. I had puttsi on a green that ended up 20 feet off. They were not hammered like a kid playing putt putt for the first time.

I was greenside laying 3 and took a 12 and i could easily do it again on that hole. EASILY.

Couple factors at play here...

As long as you keep pace with the group in front of you (that’s key), if they don’t let you through then they’re assholes...

I’m not here to judge anyone’s game by any means and no one else should, I don’t think any pros post here...

I do believe in certain decorum when on the course... with that being said, there’s nothing to say VK didn’t show said decorum...

I hate being a nitpick but every situation is different and none of us besides VK know the answers

Back