Rest of season Red Sox thread (Dog Days of August)

jumper12

Banned
I have a very big future on the Red Sox o80.5/-102. Ive watched damn near every game. Its been a great way to pass season. I was down on Breslow, but not anymore. I am thrilled he re signed Cora. 2 low key super solid late relief guys, Jansen catching vet to give Wong time. Plus we got Tristan Casas coming back next week.

If I were to have bet on these games, I would certainly be down. Last night I thought they were destined to lose. It was so important to win season series against Mariners. Devers is my hero and last night Sims and Kelly were awesome.

We head to Texas for 3. Fangraphs has us at 85. Been bouncing around 84/85.

Next to KC for a super important series.

I need to give Bello credit too. He is hanging in there. Somebody needs to talk to Tyler and tell him to think more, sometimes he rolls too much on emotion. He has been erratic imo recently.

LFG

I've been impressed with the Red Sox in most games I've watched them. I thought they'd be able to handle the Yankees but they somehow figured out all of the junk the Sox were throwing. Their lineup has good chemistry and minor holes. I think they're being over-cautious with Casas and hoping they can hold out a little longer to prevent reinjury for when they need him, but time might be running out. I love Duran, and is easily one of my favorite players to watch in the league now. GL on your future. I'm pulling for them, as I'll be up in Boston the first week of October which should line up with some potential wild card games.

Since the break, late relief has been their undoing. The Yanks owed them from a previous series. The Grisham hit was the difference. Yanks and Orioles heating up too, so I wasnt that bummed. Duran is catalyst but my favorite player is Ceddanne Rafaela. I have a AL Rookie Year ticket. Dominic Smith has been glue defensively. The team loves Cora. They have great speed but not really since break. August is brutal schedule.I like so many of the guys. Matsaka, Abreu, Refsnyder, Romey, Tyler Going to be tuff to sneak into playoffs, but its been great drama so far. Casas is an out there dude, if he starts raking, this team going to be in it oh baby

They are also getting Martin back for 8th inning soon. Slaten is more of question mark. Westbrook is a good guy but wasnt getting it done, he is sent down and Nick Sogard, debuting righty 3B with pop brought up.

Jansen getting old and his body fragile. Hurt his lower back a bit on a pitch last night. He is beyond critical for success

Last edited:
Kutters last 2 bad @dodgers and Yanks in payback situ. Could be a nice bounceback spot. Jansen most likely not available. Devers is completely raking. Urena starting maybe idk. Could never bet under.

They went down 1-0 and 2-1 but kept raking. The entire team is hitting well. Debut Sogard had big hit as well as Ceddanne and Abreu. Sims was great in 8th and new Angel closer is going to work out well, particularly with Jansen being fragile. Kutter giving up lots of solos, but he went deep enough and ate some innings.

Overall great night.

Fangraphs 85 W

Looks like Rangers have kid making debut. Their SP situation is dire. They look a little fucked, Tanner hasn't been same for a bit. So hot and dry outside, even in controlled atmosphere can't help but think it goes over again, or maybe just sell runs with Sox. Seagar is great and all

Important to win game 3 after getting beat up some game 2 and Houk deflating. Red Sox win 2 of 3. Cora took Pivetta out after 70 pitches. I like it. Pivetta should be strong next start. They had arms to eat innings today. Heading to KC tomorrow. Its going to be 95 with strong S wind. Singer is dealing and Paxton grinding. Royals the favorite. I lean them ff, tto, maybe game over but maybe Red Sox get little. Temps drop Tuesday.

Red Sox line coming in some game 1. Its a dilemma betting against your main bet. Hot south wind. Royals score 1st inning interesting, lean over and royals, if I dont bet and Red Sox win I will be psyched.Red Sox can hit anybody, so idk. Might be a game where the rout is on and you just use dudes to eat inning, which would be sell runs, if it is a rout game for Royals, if thats the case tomorrow should be nip tuck looking to under game 2

bello is the opposite of some the inconsistent guys i never get right, ever since he came up few years ago i've done really well picking my spots to mostly play his k or total outs prop. feel like he has the stuff to be really good, he just needs to put it all together and learn to pitch on a more consistent basis.

i lean kc but maybe over even more. limited at bats but sox have several guys with big exit velo's against singer. not sure trading for paxton was a good move?, good record but think that had lot to do with getting great run support, suppose if ya'll needed someone to eat innings and sox certainly capable of continuing to give him run support. kc limited ab's vs him but they also sporting a big exit velo against him. 10 almost feels like a tell, that awful high for a singer start! both offenses raking, red sox have a freaking .942 ops as a team the last 2 weeks! kc almost .800. hot as balls in kc with a helping wind blowing out. over def feels like the play. maybe some hitter props also.

My kiosk usually has the worst of the lines but they slow. Red sox make playoffs +180 No -222

If by the love of god they win Royals series, a bet will have to be made.

I have The Ceddanne Rookie but Abreu coming on and he was in the race early before turning ankle but now he is raking, I love this team.
Their lines are now +1300 /+1500 I guess they calling race for Colton Cowser -143? Gil sure as hell aint winning it with that retarded team

bello is the opposite of some the inconsistent guys i never get right, ever since he came up few years ago i've done really well picking my spots to mostly play his k or total outs prop. feel like he has the stuff to be really good, he just needs to put it all together and learn to pitch on a more consistent basis.

i lean kc but maybe over even more. limited at bats but sox have several guys with big exit velo's against singer. not sure trading for paxton was a good move?, good record but think that had lot to do with getting great run support, suppose if ya'll needed someone to eat innings and sox certainly capable of continuing to give him run support. kc limited ab's vs him but they also sporting a big exit velo against him. 10 almost feels like a tell, that awful high for a singer start! both offenses raking, red sox have a freaking .942 ops as a team the last 2 weeks! kc almost .800. hot as balls in kc with a helping wind blowing out. over def feels like the play. maybe some hitter props also.
Red Sox faced Paxton/Dodgers right before deadline and he used to be on team, if he can get out of first inning he can eat innings and get you to the 5th. He was cheap, Breslow did well to get Sims and Garcia .

That being said Royals score 1st inning +150 win 1st inning +220

You are prolific with your thoughts. Keep it up man. Your our catalyst

Fangraphs 86 W (Royals 87)

Paxton goes 6. A great, veteran performance. Dude will be great ROI. Ceddanne made another amazing catch. Abreu Rafaela are best dual rookies in the show. Team is hitting everything hard. Bailey working bullpen well. Jansen still resting. Its great we can. Casas back soon. Sogard rookie is playing like a vet.

Bello/Lugo tonight, Royals favorite 8.5 total weather change, cooler and beautiful with north winds. They both had poor performances against opp right before break. Bello looks amazing and fades out during an inning, but he grinding. I lean under, Red Sox dogged 2nd night in row.

man i can't wait till that cooler weather gets here 2marro! hate this 100+ degree bull shit!

kinda shocked to see bello k total at 3.5, the over -155 but still i been messing w his k's since he came into league and don't recall ever seeing a 3.5 for him! i don't love playing k props against kc lineup cause they a good contact team but damn 3.5 is low!

If Red Sox win tonight they would be in WC spot

They have taken tiebreaker from Mariners and Royals with head to head now. Very important. Royals have ripped vs Tigers/White Sox, they look less formidable up close.

Royals threaten to take lead mid game and Red Sox turn it on. Yoshida is on it. Sogard too. Garcia flagged in 8th but Kenley got 4 outs.

Tonight Kutter pitching and he hasnt been pitching well. If Royals dont win tonight they are going to be looking at themselves in mirror differently. Ragans in better form but not great form, but has pitched well vs Sox, but Red Sox got lots of rightys. 3rd day in row dogged. They have hit HR in 18 of last 19. Team total always going over. Hard not to lean over but Ragans could shut them down I suppose.

Fangraphs 86 (Royals 87 Twins 89)

Back home for 6. Its going to be rainy tonight, butgame should be played. The wind will be howling out of South good portion of game as TS Debby is close by.

Houk has 6.16 era last 6. Astros have not him well. Blanco going for Astros, never faced Boston, he is has lost 3 of 4. Red Sox about -130 Total 9.5

Red Sox avg 6.5 last 18 but pitching is 5.96

Yordan rakes on the road.

Astros have 5 guys that can hit and 4 that cant.

Line is too wide. Lean Astros and Astros tt over but that is painful cuz 6 thry 9 suck. If Red Sox keep hitting the overs are keeping it simple

Was chatting with my Yankee fan friends, (I'm in NY) and no one wanted to hear my thoughts on the Red Sox (similar thoughts as yours), I'm not even a Red Sox fan. They wouldn't even take a bet that they win a WC spot and win their first series. LOL.

Was chatting with my Yankee fan friends, (I'm in NY) and no one wanted to hear my thoughts on the Red Sox (similar thoughts as yours), I'm not even a Red Sox fan. They wouldn't even take a bet that they win a WC spot and win their first series. LOL.
Its like that where u are. You are a Yankee, Red Sox, or Mets fan. The other 2 suck. Its a great spot for MLB. Yanks fans are always full of expectations.

Sense of foreboding. Last night was bad news. Tired arms against strong hitters. Astros came back took over middle game.

Criswell was supposed to go but he got the flu. Now they going relief pitcher day. Bank talk to you more about Arrighetti but he is a due a win, pitching well.

All I see is Astros crushing today unfortunately, and maybe get the sweep, hope not, we still hitting but every RISP is important cuz lots of outs to get with fatigued arms.

Hot with strong gusty SW. Red Sox false fave with 10.5 total

Triston Casas has filled a number of checkboxes in his minor league rehab assignment.

The Red Sox slugger played games in three straight days for Triple A Worcester from Tuesday through Thursday, playing complete games at first base on Tuesday and Thursday. He’s now routinely hitting the ball hard, with 10 of the 19 balls he’s put in play clocking in with an exit velocity of 95 miles per hour or greater, helping him to a line of .286/.375/.464 in seven games with the WooSox.

Given that performance, when might Casas – who has been on the injured list since April 21 due to a cartilage tear in his ribcage – be back in the Red Sox lineup?
“Right now, it’s up to him,” said Sox manager Alex Cora. “He’s healthy . . . The baseball part of it, the physical part of it, he’s ready to go. Now the timing part of it [as a hitter], he’ll let us know.”

Fangraphs 85

It would be great if they avoided sweep. Im not optimistic. Paxton better at night. Thinking of Astros -1.5/-2.5 but the line is getting steamed and these are the games I lose if I bet. Just watching and hoping. Of course lean over

I thought Paxton tore achilles but sprained calf prolly has him out rest of year. Got swept. Royals pulling away. Huge series vs Texas. Bello vs Mahle game 1. Id like to have Mahle on my team. Weather should be beautiful. Rangers owe us some payback and they playing hard and scoring. Red Sox will prolly be faves and unfortunately Texas is prolly the play. We need at least 1 new starter asap

Back