Preseason week 3 discussion

2daBank

Voice of Reason
Starting to peep the lines and didn’t see a thread up yet. Right off the top I see there much larger spreads this week, only a couple games lined lower than a fg, bunch of 4.5’s and up out there, gonna be a little different kinda week it appears!

Sad the preseason coming to a end, me and @Inspekdah might be the only 2 ppl alive who cried when they took a week of this away from us!! Surely there others who know this tends to be easier than the 1st month the regular season?!?! As usual my sample size is tiny as I’ve only made 11 plays the 1st 2 weeks, the number of bets is never huge but the win percentage is always high!! (9-2 so far this year). I know @Inspekdah up a bunch but dunno how many plays he had made? I’m sure more than me.

My 1st thought starts with the last game. I havnt done any of my reading or listening to coaches yet but not much will change my opinion here. Long as Stroud is playing most or all the 1st half I don’t care which qb saints go with. Assuming saints play some starters then this simple, saints 1st half. Which qb saints go with doesn’t matter to me but If I find out saints won’t play any starters then I might look 1st half under instead of saints. I prefer to just play saints 1st half if they play guys. Stroud has yet to lead any kind of successful looking drive and I don’t expect that to change, he just isn’t a nfl qb imo. Might as well keep taking advantage of him!

Houston and saints had joint practices scheduled this week but houston canceled cause the number of injuries they have had last few weeks, hmm.., without the joint practices I’d think better chance saints play guys but we have to see what they say throughout week.

Titans/pats had them scheduled and also cancelled.

Looks like eagles-colts have one scheduled
for today.

Vikings-cardinals and broncos-rams have them scheduled for the 23rd and 24th

Those the only ones I can find other than the ones I mentioned that been cancelled. Gotta keep extra close eye on those teams as joint practices tend to mean far less likely starters see action in games. We know rams have no interest playing starters cause they never do, broncos -6 right now, gotta think they are assuming denver does play guys w that line, im not so sure they will. Remember after leaving the 1st unit on field for a long stretch week 1 Peyton pulled them quickly last week. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if the joint practices go well that nobody plays this game. Neither team has great backups, this could finally be the kinda awful nothing happens preseason game rams been known for under Mcvey. Not used to seeing rams preseason games see so many points, a great deal of those coming cause the d isn’t stopping anyone. We have to see what Peyton saying after the joint practices but not much fire power for either side if starters sit.

Only drive I saw in that Houston game Stroud looked pretty damn good with 1st team OL. 11 plays, 61 yards (had to look that up) put passes were on point, stalled inside the 20 after run on 1st, run on 2nd and a precise pass over the middle on 3rd and 5 that took a helluva defensive play to break it up. Much more impressed there than game 1. Wouldn't be so fast to just trash him yet, and yes, I was shocked. Very, very good drive by him.

Houston doesn't have much for skill players so there's that

It will never get better while they trading away draft capital to draft guys like Stroud!! You can pretty much guarantee if there were any franchise qbs in this draft they got drafted several rounds after him!

Vikings/cardinals another game that wouldn’t have been all that great without the joint practices, with them you gotta figure we get the same cast of scrubs we been seeing in their games. I think Vikings HC one the new bread who prefers the joint practices and not playing starters at all in preseason. No reason to expect either team hits 20 for 1st time this preseason. Should be a horrible watch but possibly a easy under? Lol

Only drive I saw in that Houston game Stroud looked pretty damn good with 1st team OL. 11 plays, 61 yards (had to look that up) put passes were on point, stalled inside the 20 after run on 1st, run on 2nd and a precise pass over the middle on 3rd and 5 that took a helluva defensive play to break it up. Much more impressed there than game 1. Wouldn't be so fast to just trash him yet, and yes, I was shocked. Very, very good drive by him.

Im willing to dismiss it! lol, When was that? Only fg they got came in 2nd qrtr, was that the drive? Assuming that was his 1st string vs Miami backups? 7-12 for 60 yards so you musta caught his one drive this preseason he wasn’t awful? Lol.

Im willing to dismiss it! lol, When was that? Only fg they got came in 2nd qrtr, was that the drive? Assuming that was his 1st string vs Miami backups? 7-12 for 60 yards so you musta caught his one drive this preseason he wasn’t awful? Lol.
Yes 2Q, mostly first v first

Look I'm no fan but blindly just throwing any one away has cost me a ton in the past.

And he was VERY precise on that drive since you didn't watch it. I was borderline impressed when he had a pocket to throw from.

Yes 2Q, mostly first v first

Look I'm no fan but blindly just throwing any one away has cost me a ton in the past.

And he was VERY precise on that drive since you didn't watch it. I was borderline impressed when he had a pocket to throw from.

I read bout it, 5 for 5, but he played the entire half and that was it, 3 points. He was 2-7 rest of the half?? They talking awful damn glowing bout a guy who has had one good drive in 2 games! Maybe he improving, maybe fish were playing vanilla? I can’t say but I still feel pretty good if saints play the 1st half like a dress rehearsal they should def go into half with a lead.

I don’t trust any Buckeye in that system as a passer. Fields only chance is because he’s a massive sized speedster.

9ers line says they’re playing starters. Every drive they should score points if they have Purdy out there. But I can’t see too many!

Bills beat the Bears preseason last year I think by 30+ off the top of my head. It was an epic blowout.

Think you have to fade the JJ Anthony Brown duo if Bucs play Baker and Trask all game.

I hate baker and not sure trask any better? Have they named a starter yet? I def like the play on teams w qb battle angle but not when I dislike both qbs!! Bucs offense hasn’t looked very good with either of them, probably not a game I mess with. I assume Lamar not gonna play any preseason? Seems strange to me with it being a whole new system. I get not wanting to have him out there running around but couldn’t they tell him no running?

I hate baker and not sure trask any better? Have they named a starter yet? I def like the play on teams w qb battle angle but not when I dislike both qbs!! Bucs offense hasn’t looked very good with either of them, probably not a game I mess with. I assume Lamar not gonna play any preseason? Seems strange to me with it being a whole new system. I get not wanting to have him out there running around but couldn’t they tell him no running?
Baker Has Been Named The Starter For The Season
:shake:

Stroud isn’t good at football

Im sure he looked good that drive @KJ talking bout, I think most everyone in the league can put a drive together when everything perfect, clean pocket, guys getting open, I have no doubt he a capable thrower of a football. Anyone who gets drafted to play qb can stand in a clean pocket and hit open receivers. That just isn’t the reality of what it takes in the nfl, the pocket usually muddled, you rarely have the luxury to wait and see a open receiver, you have to deal with pressure and throw guys open with anticipation. This is where I think stroud comes up short. He has failed on every drive but one, I’m not gonna change my opinion of him cause he proved when things are perfect he can deliver the ball, he proved he could do that in college. It takes more than that to be w nfl qb.

Idk...Showed Flashes With The Rams?!

I see OVER 6.5 Wins +115

:shake:

I have to see a schedule before even guessing. Just remember w the rams he had one the best offensive minds as his head coach, here he has Todd bowles! I been a Faker hater since day 1, thought drafting him 1st was retarded. He a below avg qb who thinks he a star.

The NF
I have to see a schedule before even guessing. Just remember w the rams he had one the best offensive minds as his head coach, here he has Todd bowles! I been a Faker hater since day 1, thought drafting him 1st was retarded. He a below avg qb who thinks he a star.
NFC South Twice.

Jags Colts 9ers
Texans Tits bills

lions bears eagles vikes

The NF

NFC South Twice.

Jags Colts 9ers
Texans Tits bills

lions bears eagles vikes

I figure they should at least split w atl and carolina. I think saints beat them twice. 6.5 seems like a good number, I could def see them at 6-11, could be 7-10.

I don’t want to talk myself into to many favs this week but ya’ll know how much I like the Steelers qb room for the preseason, they have 3 guys better than Ridder! Tomlin says he playing starters, not sure how long but doesn’t matter much to me. They have had this same qb room for 5 preseason games now (dating back to last year), they have won 4 of them by 7 or more. Think ya gotta go Steelers on Thursday night.

I remember thinking before that bills/bears preseason game that bears know exactly what trubisky can or can’t do, this was his 1st year away from bears where he mostly sucked, shouldn’t be hard to stop him and he was expected to start and play quite a bit. bears didn’t have any offense to worry bout. Then trubisky comes out looking like a replica of Josh Allen and just shreds bears, wanna say he lead like 4 straight td drives, maybe more. Mfer had overt 200 yards and killed the under before halftime! Some losses ya never forget, lol.

fields would look like mvp in eagles system ! jalen hurts nothing special.

texans starting defense looked god awful vs the dolphins ......

Bills and steelers , packers, niners, patriots, jets, ravens, broncos seem like good sides week..........bills/jets/niners playing starters and coming off bad performances....rams defense looks like william and mary vs alabama out there ....the holes are incredible. wonder if mccarthy is gonna rep the new starting o once in preseason

Bills and steelers , packers, niners, patriots, jets, ravens, broncos seem like good sides week..........bills/jets/niners playing starters and coming off bad performances....rams defense looks like william and mary vs alabama out there ....the holes are incredible. wonder if mccarthy is gonna rep the new starting o once in preseason

Unless something has changed I don’t believe mccarthy plans on playing his starters at all this preseason. Only reason I find it a little odd is cause Dallas didn’t do any of the joint practices this year either. Feel like there a great chance they look sloppy come opening night, giants might have something for that Ass!! Getting +3.5 at home on Sunday night? Um yea, pretty sure you can mark me down for playing giants week 1!

I really think all the nfc east getting better except Dallas, this could be a bad season, letting go of Moore so mccarthy can call plays was stupid imo. Dak is a turnover machine now, I don’t think they did anything to help him this offseason unless we think getting rid his security blanket te was a good thing?

Last edited:

I think your take on Hurts is nuts, I agree he has advantages with skill players around him and the offensive scheme that unfortunately for Fields he will prob never get. I don’t think that diminishes how hard Hurts has worked and improved his game, guy has got better every year. I really didn’t think he was gonna make it as a passer after year 1 then last year he was so much better. The argument is moot as we never know what Fieids would look like in this Philly offense but I have doubts he would have command of the offense like Hurts does. Don’t think anyone works harder than hurts, far as winning mvp if I recall correctly Hurts was probably gonna win it last year till he got hurt!

Unless something has changed I don’t believe mccarthy plans on playing his starters at all this preseason. Only reason I find it a little odd is cause Dallas didn’t do any of the joint practices this year either. Feel like there a great chance they look sloppy come opening night, giants might have something for that Ass!! Getting +3.5 at home on Sunday night? Um yea, pretty sure you can mark me down for playing giants week 1!

I really think all the nfc east getting better except Dallas, this could be a bad season, letting go of Moore so mccarthy can call plays was stupid imo. Dak is a turnover machine now, I don’t think they did anything to help him this offseason unless we think getting rid his security blanket te was a good thing?

I think dallas is way better then the giants. But yea no one has seen the new dallas offense on the field........but then again....the ravens haven't put their starters on the field all preseason and they dominate week 1 so maybe it doesn't matter ? I had no idea ravens were winning so many preseasons resting starters

I’ll let y’all know what I hear on Saints.
The take was everyone needed to see what they saw that 1st drive Carr had vs the Chiefs. That said, I wonder if he gets a series…50/50 I think today.

Worth noting the Saints had I think 14 penalties last week. You would think 2nd teamers pay kind of that this week

I think dallas is way better then the giants. But yea no one has seen the new dallas offense on the field........but then again....the ravens haven't put their starters on the field all preseason and they dominate week 1 so maybe it doesn't matter ? I had no idea ravens were winning so many preseasons resting starters

I think ravens were doing joint practices tho, pretty sure? It’s more understandable to me if that the case, seems like Mcvey kinda started this trend but rams have joint practices leading up to most their preseason games. Dallas did the joint practice thing last year, this year they decided not to do any the joint practices, I’d think you wanna get your guys sone game reps if they not doing the joint practices but what do I know? Lol. I know Dak was awful sloppy w the ball last year and Dallas tends to be a sloppy highly penalized team, I’d think it be a good idea to try and clean that shit up!

We just have to disagree on Dallas being way better than giants and see what happens!! I think giants are trending up in a big way while I think Dallas is going the other direction. Jones in 2nd year of Daboll system and with a better supporting cast I think stacks up pretty well with Dak and co. Im not as sure what giants have going on the defensive side the ball but feel pretty confident in saying the offense gonna be much better. I’ll be all over giants +3.5 at home Sunday night in week one, seems like crazy good value to me, that implies Dallas would be over a td fav at home? That feels high to me.

Last edited:
I think your take on Hurts is nuts, I agree he has advantages with skill players around him and the offensive scheme that unfortunately for Fields he will prob never get. I don’t think that diminishes how hard Hurts has worked and improved his game, guy has got better every year. I really didn’t think he was gonna make it as a passer after year 1 then last year he was so much better. The argument is moot as we never know what Fieids would look like in this Philly offense but I have doubts he would have command of the offense like Hurts does. Don’t think anyone works harder than hurts, far as winning mvp if I recall correctly Hurts was probably gonna win it last year till he got hurt!

Fields literally missed 2 yard throws over and over last season. Their passing accuracy is worlds different. Jalen is a coaches son and it shows in his demeanor.

I’ll let y’all know what I hear on Saints.
The take was everyone needed to see what they saw that 1st drive Carr had vs the Chiefs. That said, I wonder if he gets a series…50/50 I think today.

Worth noting the Saints had I think 14 penalties last week. You would think 2nd teamers pay kind of that this week

Honestly it doesn’t much matter to me if Carr plays or Winston plays 1st half. Hell, even if Heaner started I think I’d still play saints 1st half, more of a fade of Stroud and the Texans offense. I assume Heaner will get 2nd half, figure whether or not carr plays the rest the 1st half be on Jamis, totally fine with that.

Fields literally missed 2 yard throws over and over last season. Their passing accuracy is worlds different. Jalen is a coaches son and it shows in his demeanor.

Hurts leadership and work ethic off the charts imo. The improvements he makes from one year to the next are eye popping!! After watching his rookie year and that playoff game vs bucs I wasn’t sure he ever be a accurate enough passer to make it, fast forward to last year and he throws one the best deep balls in the league imo! His completion percentage shot up from 60ish % to a solid 66%! Turnovers dropped while the passing yards went way up!! I think dude is the total package. I have my doubts about Feilds, he has more than enough talent but not sure he possess half the work ethic of Hurts. He certainly fun to watch but he needs to show lots of improvement on things that are absolutely correctable with work.

Holy cow, the jets Hype machine is real! I’ve already mentioned I could see them being a target to fade for me during their brutal early season schedule, it might start this week as on announcement the starters will play the line is jets -6, im sorry but that is almost comical to me. 1st off I’d be kinda surprised if jets starters came out clicking on all cylinders, secondly if they do in fact come out and have a td drive you can pretty much bet that will be the end of their evening! After Rodgers leaves ppl realize Zach Wilson will get majority of the game right? So basically if jets starters do look good and have a scoring drive it a pretty good bet their night be over, if they don’t look sharp who cares how long they play? I saw how sharp giants looked last week, I trust Tyrod to be better than Zach Wilson when this game turns into evaluating the bottom of the rosters in the 2nd half. Plus I get 6 points?? I’m not sure jets should be favored at all, certainly not by this much!!

Holy cow, the jets Hype machine is real! I’ve already mentioned I could see them being a target to fade for me during their brutal early season schedule, it might start this week as on announcement the starters will play the line is jets -6, im sorry but that is almost comical to me. 1st off I’d be kinda surprised if jets starters came out clicking on all cylinders, secondly if they do in fact come out and have a td drive you can pretty much bet that will be the end of their evening! After Rodgers leaves ppl realize Zach Wilson will get majority of the game right? So basically if jets starters do look good and have a scoring drive it a pretty good bet their night be over, if they don’t look sharp who cares how long they play? I saw how sharp giants looked last week, I trust Tyrod to be better than Zach Wilson when this game turns into evaluating the bottom of the rosters in the 2nd half. Plus I get 6 points?? I’m not sure jets should be favored at all, certainly not by this much!!

Jets preseason defense has been really good other than letting DTR score 2 late ones on their 4s in the HOF game. Other than that 1 TD. Need to see what the giants plan on doing.

Jets preseason defense has been really good other than letting DTR score 2 late ones on their 4s in the HOF game. Other than that 1 TD. Need to see what the giants plan on doing.

I wasn’t able to find much on giants plans yet. I saw a inactive list but didn’t have any the key offensive pieces, think the 2nd year de was on it the only notable name I recall. All due respect to jets d which I’m sure is gonna be good, look at who they have played in preseason.

What you think about Colts tonight @2daBank ? I liked what I saw from them late running read option with Sam late last week. That's sort of a dick play to keep running in the preseason vs. 3/4s but it worked well! We get Richardson and Gunner maybe for 2-3 quarters, too. Mariota blows...

You like Pitt again tonight? If we see limited projected stats for Heinicke I like them

What you think about Colts tonight @2daBank ? I liked what I saw from them late running read option with Sam late last week. That's sort of a dick play to keep running in the preseason vs. 3/4s but it worked well! We get Richardson and Gunner maybe for 2-3 quarters, too. Mariota blows...

You like Pitt again tonight? If we see limited projected stats for Heinicke I like them

I don’t love the coaching familiarity in that one. The idea of Minshew vs backups again since Richardson is starting is def appealing. I see a chance of storms/rain in Philly around gametime, that along w coaches I assume being tight kinda bothers me.

Hirnike doesn’t scare me that much, steelers 1st half might be better? They been dominating the 1st halves then kinda just hanging on in 2nd.

I don’t have any halftime lines or team totals yet, kinda waiting around for those to come up till I go make any plays, I like options!!

I don’t love the coaching familiarity in that one. The idea of Minshew vs backups again since Richardson is starting is def appealing. I see a chance of storms/rain in Philly around gametime, that along w coaches I assume being tight kinda bothers me.

Hirnike doesn’t scare me that much, steelers 1st half might be better? They been dominating the 1st halves then kinda just hanging on in 2nd.

I would think the familiarity would only benefit the newer coach looking to establish himself and the Eagles being happy to oblige. But impossible to count on that.

I’m starting to wonder if these pussies are gonna put out qrtr, haftine, team totals, or anything other than gane line? It’s only 3 hours or so till they kickoff and still nothing. Wtf?

They really not gonna put anything else out I guess! I’m assuming other books don’t have if DK doesn’t since they usually offer everything! All waiting around did for me is made Steelers -5.5 instead of -4.5, probably won’t matter, 5 about as dead a number there is, just pisses me off I lost a point waiting for lines that they not gonna post!!

They really not gonna put anything else out I guess! I’m assuming other books don’t have if DK doesn’t since they usually offer everything! All waiting around did for me is made Steelers -5.5 instead of -4.5, probably won’t matter, 5 about as dead a number there is, just pisses me off I lost a point waiting for lines that they not gonna post!!

Yeah very weird...

Back