Plays

Good luck capt. By the way, what is your connection to Jacksonville State exactly? Alumni?

:beer4:

my dad taught school there and a player gave me a tear away jersey (this shows my age btw) when I was a little kid. Gamecock for life. Thanks Tim, good luck as always. Tough board but that's to be expected by now but still waiting on OVC and SWAC.

Wish I had the balls to play Austin Peay +45.5. Roc Thomas got a concussion and Eli Jenkins got a stinger in his throwing shoulder so they'll be scrubbing this one early. Real early.

Chatanooga -4.5....can the citadel run against this D? We know they can't throw so we shall see. Sure they will have some success but not for 4 quarters.

E Illinois -3.5.... Fair to say tech has taken a baby step forward and eastern a baby step back, but prove it and I won't bitch one word. Tenn St a dog at home is interesting (+2.5) but passing for now. That will do for now and GLTA.

21-10 (+8.09). Last time out 3-2 and the 3 wins were by a combined 3.5 points

arky +9

will add as they surface

Ov 43 Vandy....way too low and if I see tenn st team total of 9 I'll be on it as well

Thanks for the heads up, I was able to get at one of my places also and bet it. Figured coming into the week it would be too low but it was lower than I even expected. GL capt

Thanks for the heads up, I was able to get at one of my places also and bet it. Figured coming into the week it would be too low but it was lower than I even expected. GL capt

thank you sir and best of luck as always. They're filtering in and Harvard went from -3 to -5. Like Princeton but can't hit submit for some reason. Getting tougher

thank you sir and best of luck as always. They're filtering in and Harvard went from -3 to -5. Like Princeton but can't hit submit for some reason. Getting tougher

I'm out of element up in the iveys. Beautiful part of the country and great lobster is about all I know

I'm out of element up in the iveys. Beautiful part of the country and great lobster is about all I know

I keep trying to add a couple of shit leagues to find an edge. Mark me down for Princeton +7. I must be missing something but wtf ever on that. Just noticed Wofford being respected, hmmm. Absolutely on the lobster. Need OVC now.

Can't lay 38 with grambling but it's worth mentioning that miss valley st is avg .5 yds per carry for the season. Think Birdsong will be the difference in a tenn tech win and eastern Kentucky catching +20 is too much ( this is not the jax state team from last year) but I'm going to wait for now and see if they run. GLTA

Found one more, west Florida -22....there are two common opponents that I am mainly relying on here. Shorter lost to Florida Tech and Delta St by 40 each and had a total of 73 offensive yds in the first and 141 in the second. While West Florida did lose to both as well, they were both dogfights and Kaleb Nobles threw for 369 + 452 in their two. Shorter won't contain him. Call it 42-13.

Found one more, west Florida -22....there are two common opponents that I am mainly relying on here. Shorter lost to Florida Tech and Delta St by 40 each and had a total of 73 offensive yds in the first and 141 in the second. While West Florida did lose to both as well, they were both dogfights and Kaleb Nobles threw for 369 + 452 in their two. Shorter won't contain him. Call it 42-13.

and arguably Shorters best effort was the 43-28 loss to west Alabama and they scored 14 points in the 4th with the last TD with 25 seconds left in the game.

Edinboro +14.... Slippery Rock with no Shamar Greene again, potentially 7 starters on D missing, common opponent box scores not out of whack, and Edinboro passing attack that is going to get theirs makes taking the points easy for me on this one. I don't care it's homecoming and don't care about the history in this series and think the line is inflated because of it. Find nothing but winners

http://www.rockathletics.com/news/2016/10/19/football-week-8-preview-edinboro-at-rock.aspx

Thanks Metallica

forecast for Edinboro game has gotten even shittier. 40% rain no big deal, but sustained 15-25 mph winds with gusts to 40 are concerning. Let the shitfest begin. Under 75.5 for a unit.

Thanks fellas, always appreciated.

27-11 (+12.99)

und 80.5 Lehigh.....Fordham loves to run and Lehighs defense has improved. Looks like 60% chance of rain right now and I didn't have it anywhere near this high

Edinboro -6.5....common opponents play. Just hope the fighting scots aren't hung over from last weeks upset over Slippery.

Thanks again for the heads up on Vandy last week. Was able to hit side and total on that one. GL this week

Thanks again for the heads up on Vandy last week. Was able to hit side and total on that one. GL this week

Thanks Crimson, love reading your thoughts in GPS thread. Not a lot jumping at me and tired of looking at them right now. Hope to find at least a couple more later. Cheers.

Thanks Tim, mrob (handshake)

Abilene Christian +16.5 and ov 59.5....don't give a rats ass that it is homecoming and mcneese is looking for their 200th win at cowboy stadium. If you are worried about Abilenes porous defense, I concur to a degree. Common opponents box scores won't lie to you and while the PR of the 16.5 appears accurate, I'm calling bullshit. Also I'd make it a 64 and weather will be beautiful. Call it mcneese 38-34. Probably will do it for me and wish everyone the best of luck.

Thanks fellas, always appreciate good lucks. Shitty 1-3 and could have pulled an 0-4. It happens. Now 28-14 (+10.39)

ov 55.5 Lehigh....they can do that themselves

Should have pulled the trigger on Princeton -1.5 and the Villanova -6.5 is as cheap as it will be but holding off on both. Got a few more circled so we will see.

Citadel -2.5 should be -5 but passing.....running out of the no brainers quickly. Want to see Richmond and Austin Peay

Odd that they respect Richmond on the side (-2.5) ( I say -3.5) but go with JM on the total 75.5. Got to think that total will drop, but weather will be fine. That'll do it for now. GLTA

Much appreciated Tim (handshake)

grambling -25.5....a+m can run the ball fairly well, but Grambling's D has only allowed a total of 601 yds rushing on the year (AZ had 222) and have only allowed 13 touchdowns (AZ had four). So how will they score?? Damn good question. Then you ask yourself will Kincaid have a field day against a D that allows 36.9 points per?? Well Southern scored 59 against them in 3 quarters before calling off the dogs. Call it 54-13. That does it for me, find nothing but winners.

Any thoughts in fading the vols and taking 42.5? I've been doing well fading them every game this year as well as taking some big FCS dogs late in season against SEC

Any thoughts in fading the vols and taking 42.5? I've been doing well fading them every game this year as well as taking some big FCS dogs late in season against SEC

Personally I think the new coach has gone a long way to remove the stain that Watson Brown left, and as we all know it usually takes a while to do so. They haven't really dropped any turds on the table imo. I wish they ran the ball a little better but they are a pretty disciplined team. Decent kicking game (except PAT's lol), lead the conf in fewest penalty yds, but their TO margin is not good. Short version is I think he has the program headed in the right direction they just need some more athletes. Pretty much they live or die with Birdsong and I like him. On the intangible side, how is TN going to give a fuck?? I might be wrong but I just see them going thru the motions and you know it's going to be a wide open backdoor if needed. If tech can post their 10-14 I think it's a cover. 45-10ish?? It would certainly be a tech play or a no play as far as I'm concerned fwiw. Best of luck this weekend Crimson.

Personally I think the new coach has gone a long way to remove the stain that Watson Brown left, and as we all know it usually takes a while to do so. They haven't really dropped any turds on the table imo. I wish they ran the ball a little better but they are a pretty disciplined team. Decent kicking game (except PAT's lol), lead the conf in fewest penalty yds, but their TO margin is not good. Short version is I think he has the program headed in the right direction they just need some more athletes. Pretty much they live or die with Birdsong and I like him. On the intangible side, how is TN going to give a fuck?? I might be wrong but I just see them going thru the motions and you know it's going to be a wide open backdoor if needed. If tech can post their 10-14 I think it's a cover. 45-10ish?? It would certainly be a tech play or a no play as far as I'm concerned fwiw. Best of luck this weekend Crimson.

I know nothing about their personnel so this was super helpful. I committed to betting against them every game this year - so far so good.

Should have pulled the trigger on Princeton -1.5 and the Villanova -6.5 is as cheap as it will be but holding off on both. Got a few more circled so we will see.

You have eliminated both of these, Capt. That correct?
I play a lot of games but these two don't make my slate. I have seen Penn twice, and they look to be the class of the Ivy League, but one can't ignore that Princeton game of last week. Maine with a new young coach has been the surprise team up in this neck of the woods.
Best of luck to you.

You have eliminated both of these, Capt. That correct?
I play a lot of games but these two don't make my slate. I have seen Penn twice, and they look to be the class of the Ivy League, but one can't ignore that Princeton game of last week. Maine with a new young coach has been the surprise team up in this neck of the woods.
Best of luck to you.

yes sir, passing on those two. I actually like Princeton the best of the top 3 even with the conference loss, that was a tough loss to Harvard and no shame in the close game to Lehigh. Maine started off shaky and their D concerns me but they've been finding a way to win close ones and think they have a punchers chance tomorrow, but nova just a more complete team. I think it will be a good game and am getting ready for the playoffs. FCS does it right. Thanks for stopping by and find nothing but winners.

30-17 (+8.79) missed 24 yard FG prevented a winning weekend (2-3)

kennesaw -16.5....owls are 3rd in the nation rushing and Presbyterian is 114th preventing the run and they can't score anyway....call it 38-10

Over 60 Tenn St....after Tenn St allowed 644 yds to Austin freekin Peay Saturday, it's hard to pretend they want to play tackle football anymore. Team with the ball last wins the after church game 38-34. Hope to have a few more but need to get busy. Not sure JAx State should be favored by 22 and lean Nova a dog at home

Thank you Tim, Hugh. :cheers3:

Und 63.5 Liberty.....Charleston has a good overall D and their bread and butter is running the rock. Liberty not flashy on O and while their rush D numbers aren't great, they make up for it in points allowed with the bend but don't break. I tossed some games for both and then crunch conf only numbers and then recalibrate with all and I think the books are being sloppy with this number. Lot at stake in this game and hard to envision a track meet. Weather in Lynchburg does look perfect tho. Call it 27-23 somebody.

KNow little about this conf , capt. I note with interest your play. Any others outside my northeast cocoon that I should look at?

Back