Pierce IN for Game 2, looks fine

Killa

To the left, to the left, to the right to the righ
Pierce takes place in shootaround, ready to go in Game 2

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Boston Celtics forward Paul Pierce is ready to go for Sunday night's Game 2 of the NBA Finals against the Los Angeles Lakers.
<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (BEGIN) -->

3253.jpg
Pierce

<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (END) -->

Pierce took part in Sunday morning's shootaround at the team's practice facility and showed no ill-effects of the right knee sprain that sent him to the locker room in a wheelchair during Game 1.

Pierce was wearing a white sleeve over his knee as he played pickup with Sam Cassell at the end of practice. Coach Doc Rivers says Pierce will be fine.

The news isn't so certain on center Kendrick Perkins. He sat out the shootaround and will be a game-time decision for Game 2 because of a high ankle sprain.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Heard they have decided to have a medivac helicopter on hand in case Pierce breaks a fingernail.

Phil called Pau a "weenie" a few weeks back regarding his weenie shots in the paint while trying to avoid contact...

I wonder what he really thinks of PP after his award-winning bitch move the other night.....

:stretcher:

please

you know ive heard enough complaining from faker fans for one month about that pierce shit.

maybe he over dramatacized a little, oh well

all faker fans are just using it as a crutch because deep down inside theyre worried theyre going to blow this finals, and they know they played like shit in game 1

so what do they do, try to shift the focus and downplay it by running their mouth about pierce

this is why i hate the fakers and their fans

you guys are all right, with the celts down 4 midway through the 3rd pierce decided it would be a good idea to have perkins land on his leg so he can fake an injury, go miss a few minutes of crucial game time, just to pump the crowd up

thats why he missed almost half of the 4th qtr... makes real sense

you guys are all right, with the celts down 4 midway through the 3rd pierce decided it would be a good idea to have perkins land on his leg so he can fake an injury, go miss a few minutes of crucial game time, just to pump the crowd up

Problem is, I hope Pierce was legit faking it. Then at least he'd be ok tonight. I'm not so sure he's entirely healthy, or even remotely healthy - I don't care what they say...

He was probably in pain and probably unsure how bad the injury was. But the wheelchair thing was a bit ridiculous. In fact, I kept telling everyone in the ingame thread the night of the game that pierce would be pulling a "willis reed" maneuver. Was it premditated ? of course not. He was being overdramatic and was milking it.

I think I am on record as being a big kobe hater and therefore a big laker hater. I am hoping that the celtics sweep the lakers , so my belief that the guy was being a drama queen isn't based out of hatred for celtics , love for lakers , or some deep seeded concern for how the lakers played in game 1.

After he came back and played , and perhaps more importantly played well , the only concern was if the thing would swell in the time between games or somehow become more aggravated.

It was good news for the celtics , as pierce had 3 points in the first half because of so much foul trouble ( 3 i think ). Pierce return was big because Garnett was tiring a little on the offensive end and he was beginning to miss a lot of shots that he was making in the first half. Pierce was picked up by Garnett and Allen , and then pierce picked up his team. This is what is tough about the celtics. They are going to play decent defense on most possessions and on any given night when one of their scorers is having a bad game .... someone else can pick up that scoring.

Should be a good game tonight.
I will probably have a small bet on lakers , tailing BAR.

gl with your wagers gang.

:36_11_6:.....
He returned in the 3rd Qtr, a few minutes (game clock) after being carried off like a bitch:shake:

"The news isn't so certain on center Kendrick Perkins. He sat out the shootaround and will be a game-time decision for Game 2 because of a high ankle sprain"

this should be a bigger concern than Pierce IMO - (LAKESHOW or nobody)

Totally agree Frito...and it seems that its gone virtually unoticed with the Pierce injury...can the Celts match what promises to be an ultra aggressive Laker team tonight ?

Back