PGA Championship Discussion

My card...added 2 today..

Simpson +3300
Morikawa +2800
D. Johnson +1800
Fleetwood +4500

Those are staggered a bit.

I decided to pull this. It is interesting to me. Here is 1997 PGA Championship Leaderboard. You'll be surprised by names you probably never heard of or barely remember. My son was an avid golfer then and we'd go to tournaments in/around TX and Houston. How many of you remember Tommy Tolles? My son somehow had him as one of his favorite players. He was a stud on tour for about 2 years raking in the dough and not winning anything. Some may not even remember the winner, Mark Brooks. I guess my point is, you never know who will show up as the winner and whoever it is may not be well known afterward.

I decided to pull this. It is interesting to me. Here is 1997 PGA Championship Leaderboard. You'll be surprised by names you probably never heard of or barely remember. My son was an avid golfer then and we'd go to tournaments in/around TX and Houston. How many of you remember Tommy Tolles? My son somehow had him as one of his favorite players. He was a stud on tour for about 2 years raking in the dough and not winning anything. Some may not even remember the winner, Mark Brooks. I guess my point is, you never know who will show up as the winner and whoever it is may not be well known afterward.

Big fan of Tommy Tolles and Paul Stankowski lol

Was still in college, year 4 I believe

They're off and bogies are plentiful. Leishman hits perfect drive on #10 - bogey

Leishman starts out 5,5,4,5 +2. Then 3 putts Par 3 #14 to go to +3 after 5 holes

Trinagale scrambling his ass off

Zach Johnson Eagle on Par 5 #11

Rory's first tee shot on #10 - wet

Rickie using his invitation well so far - stiffs it on Par 3 #14. Birdies and is -2 after his first 5

Last edited:
Don't know if y'all saw Joel Dahmen's response to

Q: "What would a 5 handicap (coincidentally my lowest handicap at one time) shoot on the course from your tees?"
A: "They would not break 100"

He was not being rude, just answered the Q

Matt Jones has hit 64% fairways, 78% of the greens and has gained 1.3 strokes putting. He is playing very steadily

Don't know if y'all saw Joel Dahmen's response to

Q: "What would a 5 handicap (coincidentally my lowest handicap at one time) shoot on the course from your tees?"
A: "They would not break 100"

He was not being rude, just answered the Q
Yes, I posted that video... And he also said he was gonna be top -20.... I almost bet that just due to the confidence.

How did protein shake end up at even, I wasnt watching whole time, but whenever I saw him he looked like he was doing more gardening than anything

I only got him @ 30-1.
I think it was larger ,earlier.
For a guy I won @ 14-1 a couple of yrs ago, you gotta throw something at this price.
Yeah, I was tempted when I saw 48.

If the knee holds up on this track for 54 more it's a helluva win.

Guys culimative score relative to par in majors since 2017 is like 3x the next best.

Guy is still the biggest threat on tour in majors.

Okay can I go back in time to Tuesday and bet this? ;)

Back