Opening Day Discussion Thread

i have no clue what the brew crew lineup looks like anymore, i don't think i ever liked betting them vs lhp but think they have massively overhauled, i dunno i got a lot of catching up to do but just off top my head that a pretty good price to back freddy p. of course no clue how many innings starters will be going out the gates? then again unless something has drastically changed i'll take milw pen over mets any day!

maybe lay the -1.5 with o's, they should be all kinds of excited in that park w burnes pitching opening day!

nats worth a look.

ff under in miami most likely.

doyers lineup should tee off on mikolas! team total over please!

i'll take the plus money on jays, maybe under also.

look at the tigers laying bunch of juice! i love me some skubal but dunno bout all that!! white sox gonna be really bad huh? have they traded Cease already? or is he hurt? i'd have figured he be the opening day starter.

that a big number for tribe, A's could be more a bet on team this year. even if beibs has his old form you can't lay that with what i'm sure will be a inept tribe offense.

+151 quite a big number for my guy Bello, i'm as big a castillo fan as anyone and am super high on seattle but Bello perfectly capable of giving sox a chance to win that game.,

that bout all i got off top my head, let this be the start to a great and profitable season!!

i have no clue what the brew crew lineup looks like anymore, i don't think i ever liked betting them vs lhp but think they have massively overhauled, i dunno i got a lot of catching up to do but just off top my head that a pretty good price to back freddy p. of course no clue how many innings starters will be going out the gates? then again unless something has drastically changed i'll take milw pen over mets any day!
Huge question for Brewers is the attitude in the Clubhouse without Counsell and Burnes. Throw in that they just announced no Woodruff for the season a couple days ago, can they even be optimistic?

Huge question for Brewers is the attitude in the Clubhouse without Counsell and Burnes. Throw in that they just announced no Woodruff for the season a couple days ago, can they even be optimistic?

good point, tough to say. i do believe they are bringing up several highly thought of prospects, i'd think youngsters care less about such things which might help clubhouse mood. didn't know woodruff was down for the year, after trading burnes that is a killer! i'm so happy balty went and got burnes, they had to give up a haul for him i assume? they had the assets tho, bout time they going for it, adding flaherty at last years deadline was about quickest path to a early playoff exit! lol.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Think the O’s get off to a strong start with the favorable early schedule. Fading the Yankees. Strider strikeouts over likely my opening day card.

Think the O’s get off to a strong start with the favorable early schedule. Fading the Yankees. Strider strikeouts over likely my opening day card.

i think o's run away with the east!! that saying a lot but i'm a huge buyer. i loved them before they went out and got Burnes!!

nats worth a look.

ff under in miami most likely.

doyers lineup should tee off on mikolas! team total over please!

i'll take the plus money on jays, maybe under also.

look at the tigers laying bunch of juice! i love me some skubal but dunno bout all that!! white sox gonna be really bad huh? have they traded Cease already? or is he hurt? i'd have figured he be the opening day starter.

that a big number for tribe, A's could be more a bet on team this year. even if beibs has his old form you can't lay that with what i'm sure will be a inept tribe offense.

+151 quite a big number for my guy Bello, i'm as big a castillo fan as anyone and am super high on seattle but Bello perfectly capable of giving sox a chance to win that game.,

that bout all i got off top my head, let this be the start to a great and profitable season!!
Cease is a Padre now. I think White Sox are going to be the worst team in baseball this year

Also liking the A’s with you at early glance

Cease is a Padre now. I think White Sox are going to be the worst team in baseball this year

A's, White Sox, Rockies, a very unhealthy race for last place I think but giving the nod to the Rox

oh wow, i didn't hear they traded him. gotta admire the pads ownership, not sure they have the 1st clue bout building a winning team but they always going for it! lol.

chisox were bad before they sold off all their pieces, gotta think they really suck without any talent!

call me crazy but i think A's could end up being a bet on team quite a bit this year, lot of good young players.

oh wow, i didn't hear they traded him. gotta admire the pads ownership, not sure they have the 1st clue bout building a winning team but they always going for it! lol.
Pretty sure most people who know prospects were saying the Padres got fleeced which is something I didn't think the ChiSox had in them

Pretty sure most people who know prospects were saying the Padres got fleeced which is something I didn't think the ChiSox had in them

doesn't shock me, maybe the fact the chisox pulled it off does but pads seem pretty reckless when it comes to making these moves. i honestly don't even know how much i like cease, his talent tends to outweigh his results.

look at everything pads gave up for soto and hader and they both now with different teams! i have no clue what they got from yanks for soto but i can't imagine it was close to the haul they gave up! the reason nats are becoming interesting to me is mostly cause the players pads gave them!

Reactions: KJ
saddest thing for pads is soto never really lived up to his potential w pads, now he gonna go have a freaking monster year in NY!

O‘s for the emotion

i hate laying -1.5 w the home team but burnes vs sandoval and that crappy halo pen? (is halo pen still garbage? i'm just assuming cause it been so bad for years!). +114 seems kinda like a gift! maybe wanna make sure the weather is decent, less likely to wanna lay -1.5 if it a cold day.

Burnes was a malcontent that should have been traded a year earlier so he can fuck himself. Murphy has been with the Brewers since Counsell was first hired and the rest of the staff is intact so I see no issues there. Woodruff got hurt late last season and it was known then that he would be out for the season.

The starting rotation is full of question marks but the bullpen should be great again even without Devin for the first few months and the lineup should be much better with Hoskins and Chourio being big factors.

The Brewers like the Rays usually outperform what the market expects and this should be no different.

White Sox got nothing special in that deal which isn't shocking considering Cease isn't all that good. The Brewers got more in return for Burnes despite one less year of control.

Eh not really just see the Stros starter with a 15.5

guess i could go and see how many pitches/innings they threw in their final spring start but most likely won't get involved w many. looks like he went 4 innings in both his last 2 starts, im assuming he threw a decent amount of pitches in his last cause he had 8k's and 2 walks while giving up some hits and runs, doesnt mean much to me as ya never know what a guy trying to accomplish in spring, coulda been working on a certain pitch or any number of things. yanks lineup should see lot of pitches, dont think i would feel confident he goes longer than 5 innings, maybe if he is cruising but against this lineup id think it a safe bet to assume he has a couple innings w 20+ pitches. cant imagine they send him out for the 6th if he has had any high stress innings, especially considering some the issues stros rotation has already..

guess i could go and see how many pitches/innings they threw in their final spring start but most likely won't get involved w many. looks like he went 4 innings in both his last 2 starts, im assuming he threw a decent amount of pitches in his last cause he had 8k's and 2 walks while giving up some hits and runs, doesnt mean much to me as ya never know what a guy trying to accomplish in spring, coulda been working on a certain pitch or any number of things. yanks lineup should see lot of pitches, dont think i would feel confident he goes longer than 5 innings, maybe if he is cruising but against this lineup id think it a safe bet to assume he has a couple innings w 20+ pitches. cant imagine they send him out for the 6th if he has had any high stress innings, especially considering some the issues stros rotation has already..

Yeah agree. I don’t think there will be good reads on ours until 3rd/4th starts…

Back