• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

OK Lets hear it.. Does ND deserve another BCS bid..

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
yeah well nd still sucks. they are 10-15 in my rankings. wanna know who deserves to be in a ncs over nd ...ok here:
florida,lsu,louisville,usc,ohiostate,michigan,gt/wf,boise st...say what you want about boise but they took care of business and thats hard to do at any level b/c you know every team is trying to knock you off the top.

stacks all of those teams will be in there.. There needs to be 10 teams total..you named 8

I think Wisky would be a good game w/ ND...but fact is they can't go and 10 will play in the BCS...

You basically have ND vs loser of Arky/FLA, WVU w/ two losses if they beat RU, RU w/ two if they lose to WVU, Lville w/ one loss if RU beats WVU..

Um you think rutgers deserves an at large bid.. for beating ul ??

hmm.. your wrong there.. the big east doesnt deserve 2 bids after wvus stinker. Plus Rutger will generate no money for the tv audience NOT A CHANCE

wvu isn't healthy so i will not argue for them at this time slaton is the catalyst for the team and with his hurt wrist its fuckin up their universe

Guys...Rutgers wins and their in...it would be head to head w/ one loss w/ Lville...who they get the tiebreaker w/ the win over them..

So you think Rutgers or UL whoever is the at large team would have beaten usc in the collesium and hung in there and beaten michigan??

nd would get beat by 7 outta 10 of those teams by DD IMO....rutgers and florida and maybe one other that would beat them by 3-7 points rutgers would be even in my estimation in terms of a team

Notre Dames SOS 19th.. Rutgers 63rd
Rutgers has played 1 team in the top 30.. I repeat 1 team

Sorry bud.. but if any team doesnt deserve an at large bid its them.

Oh yea didnt this rutgers team lose by 3 td's against cincy? Cmon Stacks.. ND isnt all that bad, they arent top 5.. but lets be realistic they would crush these teams your mentioning

BCS Champ: tOSU vs USC
ROSE Bowl: scUM vs LSU
Fiesta Bowl: Boise St vs Okla/Neb winner
Sugar Bowl: ND vs Ark/Fla winner
Orange Bowl: Ga Tech/Wake winner vs Louisville (if WVU beats RU, RU if they win)

Those are my projections...The only way I can see you taking ND out is to if FLA loses then u can put them in as an at large over ND...or if RU beats WVU then u can compare Lville vs ND...and pick who u like..

i'm done discussing this the fact of the matter is ND will lose to whoever they play in a BCS game and its going ot be a shitty game. I already know the outcome.....ND comes in as favs and loses SU

TroyStacks said:
i'm done discussing this the fact of the matter is ND will lose to whoever they play in a BCS game and its going ot be a shitty game. I already know the outcome.....ND comes in as favs and loses SU

You think they lose to boise SU? Ga Tech SU or wake su?
:drinking: I will follow this system very closely..

The teams that they have lost too.. have been far superior with a lot better talent.. Michigan .. USC twice.. Ohio ST.. the teams we are debating definately arent.

Depends on who they play obviously, but I really doubt ND is favored in a BCS game. I look at the list of BCS candidates and I'm thinking dog. Bettors and oddsmakers have very short memories, ND just got waxed on national TV.

I'm a glass-half-full (half-full of Guinness on a good day) ND fan, but I'm warming up for a ML dog play on the Irish!

they lost twice so 1 loss teams should get in ahead plain in simple....this is why we need a 8 team playoff....best record gets the highest seed regadless of S.o.s and after that comes the difference in points scored and points allowed. if a team has the same after that then you will have to go by s.o.s....this way everyone is happy and its 100% fair

Stacks with your thinking non conf schedule means nothing. I mean nd should play w carolina and c fl.. instead of scheduling michigan and usc every year.. if wins is the only thing that matters.

Think most of us would like a play-off, Troy. Have to think that a little 16 or 8 team tourney would generate a zillion dollars for all involved, but those bowls must make one hell of a lot more money than we even know because the NCAA resists the playoff concept at every turn and continues to fall back on empty arguments that make no sense.

nd needs to get in a conference is what they need to do..... here we go:

1. all teams realign and form 10-12 team conferences

2. all play in round robin sort of schedule

3. each conference plays a championship game at the end

4. the winner from each conference represents them in the BCS Playoff

5.Seeding is decided on overall record or we can have poll of some sort involving former coaches/players/analysts/media

6.play it through

i think this would solve all problems and would def be more fun to watch

I honestly don't want a playoff. You add a 8 team playoff, or even worse, a 16 team playoff, and suddenly none of these games mean nearly as much. I mean, what's so awesome about CF is that EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND, there are games that singlehandedly decide where a team is going to be able to finish in the end of the year. I love that. Don't you?

I feel like that is what no one realizes when talking playoff...that these games like Louisville/WVU no longer would mean much of anything...that USC/ND would have been meaningless last night other than seeding, etc...

Too many people want college sports to turn into pro sports. These differences are what makes college sports fun...I don't want more pro tendencies coming down to college. I mean, we all agree that USC vs. OSU will be a fair Nat'l Championship game, right? Isn't that all that matters?

Hell, would it even be fair to force a team like USC to beat Notre Dame in the first round of a playoff...when they ALREADY BLEW THEM OUT?

THat goes for a rematch as well in the NC game.. would that be fair to osu to have them play michigan twice.. um nope

But i do agree it takes away meaning.. but to me its silly if teams have an equal schedule, that its better to lose early than late. I think a 5 team playoff would be fine with the #1 seed getting a bye.

Seabass said:
Quinn has not had a very good year. While I'm not a big Matt Leinart fan, I don't really see how Quinn is any better than Leinart. Both had a LOT of recieving talent.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but this goes as quote of the year...

NOT A VERY GOOD YEAR?!?!?! :an_roll_laugh:

Oh shit thats right,

A 65% completion percentage, 3000 yard, 35 td, 5 interception year sucks by College Football standards!!!

:an_roll_laugh:

Please do not quote me and reply to this, I don't want to hear it :an_roll_laugh:

:an_roll_laugh::an_roll_laugh::an_roll_laugh: :an_roll_laugh: :an_roll_laugh: :an_roll_laugh: :an_roll_laugh:

haha the homer in me wants to see UM on a neutral field against tO$U but it's ok If USC gets in...IF they beat UCLA...crazy shit happens every week.

Question for you:

First: Can you read? Not a very good does not mean bad. But BEST QB since Peyton Manning? Give me a break.

Second: 65% completion percentage. So if I say right now that there is a guy with a 71.8% completion percentage who has thrown for 16 more TDs, whats that guy? Johnny Unitas?

I don't even have to look it up but I know you're talking about Colt Brennan.

Yeah, he's nice, but he's know Brady Quinn...thats for sure...

I can't wait to see him in the Silver & Black...he'll go down as greatest QB of all time, quote that

Captain Slap A Hoe said:
I can't wait to see him in the Silver & Black...he'll go down as greatest QB of all time, quote that

Quoted. Also said a prayer that somehow, some way, we would both be posting on this message board in ten years, so that I could dig thru the archives and re-post it.

The problem is IMO is that in the begining of yr polls come out from what teams did last yr that already gives them a huge edge ,the way teams should be ranked is 1st who they beat ,how they beat them and where they beat them, if you win by 3 to a div 2A school you should fall in your points in ranking , And if you win by 3 at home you should drop more im not saying drop down in position but in percentage points , Ill just cut to the chase strength of schedule means way tooo much , especially in begin of year i look at how you win more then who you beat ,and even how you loose means more to me then who you lost to ,lets face it we all know its hard for teams to be up for every game , i dont know what the hell im talking about as you can read to hard to explain but they must change the way ranking starts out in the begin of yr to hard for teams to overcome such big percentage points as there rising from unranked or barely ranked gives too much meaning to LAST YEAR AND THAT MEANS VERY LITTLE i would have loved to see osu @wisky this yr and i would also like to see nd join a confrence that way they can once again become contenders for real not just media contenders for the almighty dollar , and i do believe everyone should start and finish the season at the same time no teams should be playing weeks after others have finished this is also unfair im gonna post this even though i sound like a asshole i really am only a slight asshole but maybe one day when i get my mind back after just watching the giants get there ass kicked my mind is not into this right now unfucking real giants were alock 21-0 10 mins left mind boggling:cheers: go eagles +10and the under45 gl all

HUNTDOG said:
haha the homer in me wants to see UM on a neutral field against tO$U but it's ok If USC gets in...IF they beat UCLA...crazy shit happens every week.
Michigan would have their hands full with lsu :shake: That being said.. if they smash lsu and usc barely beats osu i have no problem with a split :shake:

Seabass said:
Quoted. Also said a prayer that somehow, some way, we would both be posting on this message board in ten years, so that I could dig thru the archives and re-post it.

Haha, agreed :shake:

Nobody can hold a candle to the Golden Boy

Check out my website by the way, www.bradyquinnisgorgeous.com

pic07.jpg

I truly still think that LSU is the best team in the nation by the way...and would see them beating Ohio State in a shootout

Doesn't that Brady Quinn pic belong in the CTG Yag general discussion forum for "stretching Saturday" or something?

Look, this thread has gone off target, mostly due to the love to hate Notre Dame. In this thread, we're not talking about Quinn vs. Troy Smith for the Heisman. (I'd vote Smith. Quinn will get drafted higher, no college award for that, just cash.)

In this thread, we're not talking about Notre Dame's ATS record. (They're a public team, pile on some Weiss worship. Squares bet them ATS, has very little to do with their BCS, AP, coaches' poll rating. A win is a win is a win, likewise a loss, etc.)

In this thread we're not talking about college playoffs. (I think there should be. To argue against it is silly. If it's so great that every game is important, even the Michigan-Ball St. classic, and that is unique and special to college sports, then why not adopt that approach for college basketball? And college baseball? And Division I-AA football? And Division II football? And Division III football? And college soccer? And college lacrosse? And every competitive sport anywhere, college or pro or beer league, that is settled - get this - on the fucking field????)

In this thread, we ARE talking about who's supposed to go to a BCS bowl instead of Notre Dame. And the best you have for me is Rutgers?? I rest my case. Even the most ardent Notre Dame hater is going to have a little more interest in a big ND bowl game than a Rutgers bowl game, and frankly that's why ND's locked in. People care. One way or another.

:really_happy: that website is extremly Yag.. i feel sick just goin to it.

Back