OK Lets hear it.. Does ND deserve another BCS bid..

A

abcs

Ill start the voting off with a hell no :down:
I mean does Oregon St ring a bell?
Does Ohio St last year ring a bell ?

they fucking suck the worst team hands down in the top 10. i'm so sick of hearing about quinn too. what has he done thats so goddamn great besides pick apart service acadamies.

:down:

I think ATS records says alot of a team worth vs public perception if that makes sense.

That stretch there in the midseason proved to me they didnt deserve to be in the midst of the BCS bowls, starting with the Michigan St game

Ok then who goes in for them?
LSU and the winner of the sec game will be in..
Boise will be in..
Wake or Tech..
Oklahoma or nebraska
Michigan
USC and possibly cal? Cals SOS is strong..

N.D. SUCKS ALMOST ALL THE TOP 25 COULD AND WOULD BE THEM ND WAY OVERRATED QUINN IS A BITCH L.S.U. SHOULD PLAY IN ROSE IF MICH DOESNT GET A CHANCE , I EVEN THINK USC STINKS ,THEY GET BLOWN OUT BY OHIO STATE, lets not forget how usc was playing most of the year when the line comes out ,almost every game they played was very very close ,and this game here against a below average nd team wasnt a true test

usc has alot more talent then notre dame. they should have won that game by far. do they deserve a bcs game probably not but will get one because of the following they have. there not a bad team since you have to have a little bit of smarts to get in the school.

Moneydog u do realize usc had a new qb and all new rb's, + jarret was injured check their last 5 games. At least they played some real teams unlike ohio st to end the season. Cmon man. They held 3 of the top offenses into cfb to WAY under averages. THey beat 2 teams who will be playin in their conf championship by an average of 26 pts.. USC Stinks ;)

USC is clicking now... should be a good game in glendale.. if you think usc gets blown out then u havent watched any college football the past 4 years.

2 most talented teams top to bottom need to play in the championship game, thats what the bcs is for

moneydog said:
N.D. SUCKS ALMOST ALL THE TOP 25 COULD AND WOULD BE THEM ND WAY OVERRATED QUINN IS A BITCH L.S.U. SHOULD PLAY IN ROSE IF MICH DOESNT GET A CHANCE , I EVEN THINK USC STINKS ,THEY GET BLOWN OUT BY OHIO STATE, lets not forget how usc was playing most of the year when the line comes out ,almost every game they played was very very close ,and this game here against a below average nd team wasnt a true test
If you discredit USC's 20 pt win against a below average nd team.. then what big wins does michigan have.. wisconsin.. and who else :drinking: USC beat 2 teams BADLY who will be playin next week in the conf championship. Check their last 3 games bud.. against 3 ranked bowl teams..

BTW i am done arguing this .. its useless.. USC will have played 7 teams so far, they are 6 - 1 against the top 30 teams in the country, once they beat ucla they will be 7 - 1 against the top 30.. They beat cal nebraska nd and arkansas by an average of 20 ppg..

Enough said..

Michigan had a great season compared to last years.. USC will be in glendale end of story.. Good day of football

their defense is incredible and that offense is something else plus carroll is the best coach in college football in the last decade and a half. don;t get me wrong ohio state is a notch below wvu and notch above usc in terms of being a fan but usc is something else. they play up to their level of competition and then some. they played the toughest schedule in the top 25 and won convincingly. i can debate this all bowls season up until kickoff why usc can win

abcs said:
Ok then who goes in for them?
LSU and the winner of the sec game will be in..
Boise will be in..
Wake or Tech..
Oklahoma or nebraska
Michigan
USC and possibly cal? Cals SOS is strong..

10 BCS Teams:

N'tl Champ: OSU, USC
Conference Champs (guesses): Louisville, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, Florida
Obvious At Larges: Michigan, LSU, Boise State

...comes down to Cal and Notre Dame. If Arky wins the SEC, then I think FLA takes it.

TroyStacks said:
usc will win SU
Im the biggest sc fan on the board.. it will be a good game. I like USC to cover what ever the spread is.. if they can force smith into turnovers they win su. But troy hasnt made many mistakes. USC's d is so fast and so good and flat out better than ohio st. I dont think the big 10 has the offenses that usc has played or the athletes, thus ohio st stats are miscued ..
That bein said Tosu has great balance on offense and has had nice recruiting classes to match up with usc. USC has been in this spot before though, they also have more talent and depth at wr. But Troy smith has been amazing and tressel is a good big game coach.. should be a good game :drinking:

thats why they play the games usc , and yes ive been watching cfb for the last 30 yrs , im not saying anything bout usc schedule ,but every game they played is close ,as far as booty being new oh well does that mean usc should play in champ game ? yes ill give em that but the way i see usc osu going to be a huge blowout ,and i cant stand osu ,all im sayin is mich is a better teanm then usc imo ,no disrespect to you or ur team ,just remeber this nd wasnt a true test ,what osu can do on defense and offense is pretty impressive so be warned hey and gl go USC id love them to upset osu

TroyStacks said:
their defense is incredible and that offense is something else plus carroll is the best coach in college football in the last decade and a half. don;t get me wrong ohio state is a notch below wvu and notch above usc in terms of being a fan but usc is something else. they play up to their level of competition and then some. they played the toughest schedule in the top 25 and won convincingly. i can debate this all bowls season up until kickoff why usc can win
:shake:
Couldnt have said it better myself. When USC has a big game they get amped up. Not sure how many more teams they have to beat badly for them to get respect. I mean holding cali to 7 points of offense WOW. I cant wait for the 8th.

abcs :cheers: stacks

moneydog said:
thats why they play the games usc , and yes ive been watching cfb for the last 30 yrs , im not saying anything bout usc schedule ,but every game they played is close ,as far as booty being new oh well does that mean usc should play in champ game ? yes ill give em that but the way i see usc osu going to be a huge blowout ,and i cant stand osu ,all im sayin is mich is a better teanm then usc imo ,no disrespect to you or ur team ,just remeber this nd wasnt a true test ,what osu can do on defense and offense is pretty impressive so be warned hey and gl go USC id love them to upset osu

Not that worried.. I remember when people said michigan would run through usc in the rose bowl and it was 28 - 10. And when USC was too soft to stop Adrian Peterson and it was 65 - 13. They will be ready for OSU

If you think michigan is a better team so be it. I have no idea why u would say that. I mean their non conf wins over vandy and ball st were impressive. Michigan will have a great team next year.. too bad the trojans return like 19 starters as well.:shake:

ABCs I think perception is expectations with regards to USC, they are supposed to be the best from years past. IF they arent then its a down year.

abcs, being a hardcore SC fan...i agree with everything you said 100%. petey should get the boys back to earth so they can focus on the bruins and thus play tOSU in the championship...and like u said, it should be a good one.

fight on!

USC is just a good home team IMO. Booty will be rattled and everyone in the world will be on USC +7.

I also think USC won't be able to make those 3rd and long plays against OSU, and OSU will shut down USC's run game.

I love these debates, college football is the best sport in the world. Great arguments from both sides...I just think USC won't have an answer for troy and his 800 receivers.

I personally think it will between 5 and 7 orange, but I am not that great at predicting lines.

Hunt, happy to see some rationality on here. Seems the USC fans might be getting a little cocky...

yeah, should be interesting...I think a lot of people will be on USC getting points though IMO.

im guessing line be 7-9 closer to the 7 hunt i also love college ,it is best sport on earth ,and from what i seen last few weeks from usc ,im loving it i usually try to take the points but here no chance in hell!!!!, especially if it is 7 or omg lower awoooooooooooooooofree money folks coming your way

lol seabass...should be a great game, I just think this is OSU's year and USC hasn't faced a great, mobile QB like Troy SMith. UM's defense was the best I had seen in my life as a UM fan besides 97 and he absolutely shredded us.

I agree money, Tressel is the best coach on the planet too...all this pains me to say as a Michgan fan too.

Well, I don't think that Troy Smith is THAT great...but what is amazing about OSU is the amount of weapons that they have to attack you with. They run the ball far better than Notre Dame does. Ted Ginn gives them a deep threat, much moreso than Rhema McKnight. Tony Gonzalez is just as reliable as Samardzija. And the D isn't even close. OSU in the red zone=money.

The bottom line is that while USC blew ND out, they DID give ND a lot of chances. ND sucked on every one. Yes, I know, some credit to USC for that...but IMO, Michigans win over ND was more impressive...AND OSU beat Michigan.

Now, that isn't at all how I would ever cap a game...but USC is good, not great.

lets break this down......

QB's-tOSU; too much experience although JDB has a cannon and is accurate
RB's-Even; Both sides have 2/3 great RBs that could start anywhere in the country
WR's-Even; Jarrett/Smith v. Ginn/Gonzalez wow thats a lot of talent
OL-USC; hands down top 3 in three in the country
DL-Even;both have tenacious pass rushers and guys who can get in the baackfield quick
LB's-USC;they are stacked 5 deep here even though tOSU has good ones you can argue either way but i give slight edge to trojans
DB's-Even; all 4 corners are great cover guys and the USC safetys can lay wood i'll call it a draw
Specialteams-tOSU; cleary evident after tonite and with Ginn who knows when he'll break one or two
Coaching-USC;pete carroll is one of the best coaches in college football and has the most experience in big games such as championships. tressell is also great and if it wasn't for 3 national championship games in 5 years or so then this would be even nothing taking away from tressell though

Of course some of you homers will disagree at points but i think its fair to say this is a pretty evenly matched team. Michigan would get rolled up by USC and i was never sold on the wolverines despite a great season. that 3 point loss is so decieving b/c that was a garbage td in a very lax prevent defense at the end. Despite the outcome I think USC is the better matchup and will be expecting a great one just like last year.

seabass- great points but when you said good not great lets go back to beginning of the year when everyone was saying 2 or 3 losses b/c they had POTENTIAL but no experience. now its they COULD be great but they are good. I think that they are playing above and beyond that potential and have a great TEAM. despite short comings on experience.

I think USC will have a far tougher time facing tOSU's defense.

I think the margin of victory for the buckeyes should be something like 14 or 17 over USC. Condoms +7 on homefield, MAYBE.......I figure the line will be about 9 or 9.5.

No way is the line shorter than when the buckeyes faced Michigan.

In any event, tOSU will win. The mobile QB will give the USC defense fits (on top of the RBs and WRs) like it does everyone else, and tOSU's defense will make JDB look like this year's Drew Bledsoe. There will be at least 5 sacks, 2 picks, and possibly 2 more coming off of tipped balls...if we're lucky, we could see 6 condom turnovers with a couple fumbles added in.

or I could be completely wrong.

Stacks,michigan game may have been deceiving but they were doing whatever they wanted to OSU for most of the game....I just don't think USC has a game changing back like a Mike Hart. USC has a good receiving core but OSU has 5 receivers that can change the game, and SMith has all day to find them, I think OSU line is way underrated personally...they completely dominated UM's front 4 and UM has two top 15 picks on that front 4.

usc has the best line in the country. i don't know how many USC games you have watched this year but JDB is a great QB. I'm going to go as far and say he has a career as Carson Palmer. He has a short memory and improves each game. Yeah he threw 2 picks last night but he also threw 3 or 4 tds and had a high completion percentage unlike that phony heisman candidate(Quinn).

USC has 2 game changing backs. Different style thatn the pro back like hart. Washington,Gable and Moody are explosive backs that can break one at anytime. Unlike Hart who seems to get his 4-8 yards a carry and eat up clock. Not doubting his ability as I think he is a top 5 RB along with McFadden,Slaton,AP,PJ Hill. Again just different styles one not better than he other.

Recieving corps, you will not change my mind that Jarett/Smith/Turner aren't better than any 5 the buckeyes put on the field. Gonzalez is good but he isn't a playmaker like jarret/smith. hes a possesion reciever IMO. Ginn is a playmaker.

Defensively I think we are both underestimating one thing experience in big games. Both sides are young somewhat losing players from last year. Helped USC this year and tOSU some would argue is better than last year b/c of that sick turnover ratio and better speed.

tOSU will probably win this game unless we have another Orange Bowl like Miami a few years ago. I know I can not sway your loyalty from your team and say USC is better than Michigan and I don;t blame you your a true fan. But if you step back and look at it i think Wolverines do not matchup as well as USC does against the bukeyes. Speed speed speed and more speed. I will say this though. you put USC defense of '06 against Texas again from last year and VY doesn;t mke that awesome run at the end and score.(i love to stir it up with horn hahaha i'm j/p........or am i?) Sounds like we will have good discussions on this game all next month barring any USC meltdown against the shitty bruins.

Seabass said:
10 BCS Teams:

N'tl Champ: OSU, USC
Conference Champs (guesses): Louisville, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, Florida
Obvious At Larges: Michigan, LSU, Boise State

...comes down to Cal and Notre Dame. If Arky wins the SEC, then I think FLA takes it.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I was at the bars, but doesn't Rutgers get into the BCS if they win next week? They have tiebreaker over Ville...

Michigan and Boise State are the two locks for at large BCS... That leaves 1 SEC team LSU or Florida (if arky gets the auto Florida is ahead of LSU), and the you have Cal, Notre Dame, and Louisville fighting for a spot... Goes to ND though base on drawing power and fan base... Same reason Wisky would get in over a 2nd SEC team if there wasn't that 2 teams from one conference rule...

BCS Champ: tOSU vs USC
ROSE Bowl: scUM vs LSU
Fiesta Bowl: Boise St vs Okla/Neb winner
Sugar Bowl: ND vs Ark/Fla winner
Orange Bowl: Ga Tech/Wake winner vs Louisville (if WVU beats RU, RU if they win)

They said earlier on tv the line would open at 4. Your right USC cant win on the road.. I mean they only beat arkansas 55 - 14. Then in years past won 28 - 0 at auburn and had other huge wins like at ND and at other places. THis wont exactly be a road game..

Stacks USC's wrs are better and deeper than Ohio St's. They have about 5 5 star recruits. Jarret is at full strength and he is 10x better than Gonzales. The guy broke the pac 10 record for tds in 2 years. He is healthy now and killin people. Mccoy played last night hes been injured. Ohio St's wrs are good but they arent in USC's league.. no one in since andre johnson and moss are. But Ohio St's rbs are better than southern cals, id also give USC's DB's the slight edge. AS far as coaching goes its a push.. Tressels record in big games speaks for itself.

Back