OK Lets hear it.. Does ND deserve another BCS bid..

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
moneydog said:
im guessing line be 7-9 closer to the 7 hunt i also love college ,it is best sport on earth ,and from what i seen last few weeks from usc ,im loving it i usually try to take the points but here no chance in hell!!!!, especially if it is 7 or omg lower awoooooooooooooooofree money folks coming your way

Yea it should be a good game. I kind of see Ohio St with a big lead and then USC scoring a meaningless td to cover the spread.. and make it look closer than what the game actually was ;)

I can promise you USC wont give up 500 total yards.. and 42 points :shake:

Seabass said:
Well, I don't think that Troy Smith is THAT great...but what is amazing about OSU is the amount of weapons that they have to attack you with. They run the ball far better than Notre Dame does. Ted Ginn gives them a deep threat, much moreso than Rhema McKnight. Tony Gonzalez is just as reliable as Samardzija. And the D isn't even close. OSU in the red zone=money.

The bottom line is that while USC blew ND out, they DID give ND a lot of chances. ND sucked on every one. Yes, I know, some credit to USC for that...but IMO, Michigans win over ND was more impressive...AND OSU beat Michigan.

Now, that isn't at all how I would ever cap a game...but USC is good, not great.

Does the arkansas game 55 - 14 not impress you? Or holding cal to 7 points on offense? Im a little confused what they have to do to impress you? I understand thy had some close games to begin the year. But would you rather have a team clicking in the beginning of the year or the end? Just look at the steelers last year.. and answer that question
. Thats fine if you think Michigan is a better team. Although i disagree. But to say michigan deserves to be there, thats where i will disagree. Michigan had their chance against #1 and lost.. :shake:

Stacks the lines are up for next week.. I really thought the usc/ucla line would be 15 or 16.. under 2 td's?? What do you think..

no opinion yet i think there maybe some better games on the board this week....under 2 tds is tasty but ucla could salvage their season and it would be considered one of the greatest upsets in school history pullling off the SU win. I would stay away. epending on my CBB this week will decide if i wager on my trojans

ok im gonna catch hell for this lmfao,but yes usc beat arkie but,mcfad banged up,first game of yr,and if arkie played em right now would it be 55 to whatever ?????in arkie id say noooooooooo way usc would be lucky to get out of there alive,though i could see usc winning by a fg being honest ,and as far as them beating FADING CAL AND OREGON TEAMS, and oh yeah they did crush stanford lmao so keep on keepin on usc ,osu has the better team by far speed talent etc,and im gonna take back what i said no way does usc get out of arkie in a win ,and like i said earlier post im not a osu fan ,nor am i a usc fan,but if i had to like either it would be usc ,ive watched both teams play at least 4 times a piece usc i believe 5 times,and i just cant get over how usc played mid yr jdb is in trouble no way does the sc recievers run wide open against osu like they did against nd,and osu has a damn good front d line that will stop usc running backs ,osu double team jarret game over ,game long ways away(we dont even know if usc gets past ucla!!!yet )so i might change here but it would have to be 85 degrees here in chicago in january for me to change osu wins and wins big!imo but gl all p.s. i do believe to if osu and mich played again big blue come out with a win

yeah your right because mcfadden would produce 35 more points and win the game hahahaha. when are you guys going to realize michigan is shit. they aren't good thats why they got beat by 10 (that td was garbage to cover the spread). arkansas is one dimensional they can't pass all they do is run and it running between the tackles unlike what they do in WV which gives defenses fits. They run a pro style running game in arkie and would get dominated AGAIN by pro style defensive line and LBs crashing the gaps. you say the recievers don't run wild like agianst ND. ok well tOSU recievers don;t either. USC is by far more talented in every apscet of the game. Question here is are they going to be able to play as a TEAM at the individual level. My answer is probably not. Buckeyes win a close one.

DIdnt michigans wr's run wild against the ohio st secondary? Im sorry but menningham and arrington are good, but like i said jarret and smith are better. Did you not hear herbie say he would take Jarret #1.
Anyway if your gonna discredit the 55 - 14 win with mcfadden bein banged up, u also have to mention jarret was hampered. You are doing hypothetical what ifs.. the fact is they did play arkansas.. and have beat them about 120 to 30 the past 2 years. So if you wanna say USC would lose to arkansas if they played again thats great. But Ill go by facts, its hard to have a debate with someone, who discredits all the facts. The people who are saying usc isnt that good are also the people who said theyd lose at least 1 one of the 3 big games at home.. its fine. Ill let Carrols record speak for itself.

TroyStacks said:
preach on brutha

Im sure casey dick would do an amazing job picking apart the usc defense.. especially since the #1 qb in the draft did so well last night :shake:

Honestly, this kind of stuff is what makes gambling on sports so fun for me-that I think I am right and you guys are wrong, and in a month, we'll both get the opportunities to bet on the sides we think are right, and we'll see.

First off, abcs-don't put words in my mouth. I NEVER said that Michigan deserved to be in the National Championship. I'm happy that it will be USC-this way people won't gripe too much about the BCS, which I actually don't have a problem with, really. I simply said that their win over Notre Dame was more impressive to me than USC's. Even if you disagree, you have to at least agree that they were roughly equivalent. And given how much you talk trash about Notre Dame, you would think it was a meaningless win, anyway.

Second, this "oh we beat Arkansas" crap is just that, crap. Yeah, you blew out Arkansas. Right after that, Arkansas did nothing against Utah State, and nearly lost to Vanderbilt. But you are saying that we should count that game as if it was played now? C'mon-if you were gambling with thinking like that, you'd have no money in your account...

Here's why I'm not impressed enough by USC to say that they will beat Ohio State-----they BLOW teams out that they should beat (at least recently)...but when they face a team on their level, what will they do? Suddenly, the mistakes (blocked punts, dumb dumb dumb INTs) will be magnified. If you guys make 3 mistakes against Ohio State like you did against Notre Dame, you will lose by 21.

My problem with USC is that I just don't think they are a team that is going to deal with adversity well. What happens when Ohio State punches them in the mouth...by scoring, then getting them to 3 and out, and then scoring again? John David Booty is going to melt down. No, he is NOT Carson Palmer. Maybe he will be eventually. But he sure isn't now. Teel would look pretty good if he had Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith, too.

As for the line, I'm curious what it will be. It SHOULD be 7 or a little higher...it will probably be more like 4. The public that are influenced by large margins of victory recently will love USC, esp. after this Notre Dame win. It's all too predictable. Just like when WVU was the crown darlings for blowing a few teams out, even though most of us knew they were flawed. Either way, this debate is sure to continue for awhile...I'll check back in once the game is official.

Well considering this was supposed to be a rebuilding year.. I mean we lost 2 heismans the starting rb and a few other first rounders, then i am sure Pete is just happy to be in this position. I mean USC might as well not even show up in glendale they will be lucky to be within 2 td's.. they are scared of the spotlight and dont have the athletes or the big game experience for a game like this... They dont know how to handle adversity either, i mean a blocked punt and 2 interceptions in 3 straight possessions, they just crumbled after that. Ill say Ohio St 42 USC 10.. thanks for clearing it up

abcs said:
Well considering this was supposed to be a rebuilding year.. I mean we lost 2 heismans the starting rb and a few other first rounders, then i am sure Pete is just happy to be in this position. I mean USC might as well not even show up in glendale they will be lucky to be within 2 td's.. they are scared of the spotlight and dont have the athletes or the big game experience for a game like this... They dont know how to handle adversity either, i mean a blocked punt and 2 interceptions in 3 straight possessions, they just crumbled after that. Ill say Ohio St 42 USC 10.. thanks for clearing it up

I never said that USC was bad, or even not good. I simply don't think they are the best team in the land, like you seem to imply in half this thread. I also don't think that they are much better, if at all better, than about 5 other teams in the nation. Does that mean this season is a disappointment? Hell no.

Why are you so defensive over USC? It's not as if they are even your favorite team.

HUNTDOG said:
the line is 5.5 at pinny....lol.
First time usc has been an underdog in prob. 4 years
12_5_25.gif

Seabass said:
I never said that USC was bad, or even not good. I simply don't think they are the best team in the land, like you seem to imply in half this thread. I also don't think that they are much better, if at all better, than about 5 other teams in the nation. Does that mean this season is a disappointment? Hell no.

Why are you so defensive over USC? It's not as if they are even your favorite team.

Where did i say they would kill ohio st? I didnt.. I said it would be a classic game. I was actually more confident last year against texas. In fact i told stacks that i thought ohio st had the better rbs.. and the coaches i thought were a push. I just think its funny the people who are saying they arent that great are the people who said they would lose at least 1 of those big games at home. Now they come back and say oh those teams werent that great.
I know how good ohio st is.. i also dont think they faced many great offenses so their stats are miscued. USC is getting better each game, thats my point. I think these teams are actually really even so if i can get 6 or 7 points i would gladly take them. Remember Pete Caroll hasnt lost by double digits since lik 01.. Even in the texas lost last year they were up 13 or 14 in the 4th quater. :shake:

hey I admit I got burned by SC against Oregon and ND, but I didn't learn that USC is a great team, I just learned that they are a great home team IMO and don't bet against them at home.

Well then, what's the answer? Will you take the 4.5/5.5 points with USC?

I sure as hell will be on Ohio State. Don't feel like tying my money up this early, so I'm hoping that the line stays there for awhile...

HUNTDOG said:
hey I admit I got burned by SC against Oregon and ND, but I didn't learn that USC is a great team, I just learned that they are a great home team IMO and don't bet against them at home.
:shake: Yea I was tryin to explain that to the forum. They are tough at home, in big games just ask nebraska. This isnt a road game though, its in glendale.. not columbus

Seabass said:
Well then, what's the answer? Will you take the 4.5/5.5 points with USC?

I sure as hell will be on Ohio State. Don't feel like tying my money up this early, so I'm hoping that the line stays there for awhile...
I will be on the points at anything over 5.. and depending how fiesty i am also on the ML. Not sure that Ohio St is that much better. Especially with the way Jarret has been taking over games. The defense has been lights out the past 4 games, once they switched schemes.. 3 of the teams they played had top 20 offenses.

you could say the same about tressel.

abcs, I know it isn't a road game, i'm not that incompetent bro...I just think they are different away from home...whether it is neutral field or a road game.

this is the same scenario as ast year.....usc was expected to win it all and go undefeated. everyone blew texas off and got burned with a SU win. USC is on the flip side this year. ohio has the heisman winner and great playmakers while USC has been looked with suspicion all year. deja vu all over again...just something to think about

I just find it befuddling that people can possibly down play this USC team or any usc team for that matter, and say things like they arent that good. I mean for 4 years they have done this, and as much as people will hate to admit it they will DOMINATE the college football scene as long as Caroll is coaching. Booty will be back, and sanchez maybe the best qb to come through the program in Carolls time.. Yes they were shaky in the beginning of the year, to hear things like blowout or whatever else is said in this thread is comical. Every year this program has had its doubters..losing carson and starting leinart..look what happened.. losing 2 heismans, look what happened. This is one of the most amazing runs in all of sports.
I have so much respect for a program like USC. Check their non conf schedule..
This year it was..
at Arky -- Nebraska -- ND last year they played the best non bcs team in fresno at nd .. theyve played at auburn and va tech on the other side of the united states. This team will schedule anyone, and you dont hear carooll crying about the bcs system ever.. like meyer, ( who schedules w carolina and c florida for non conf games). I cant wait for this game, both are classy programs with classy coaches. This is good for college football..

nobody is saying USC is a bad team and that they don't get respect, they do....probably way too much even as far as national media is concerned. who knows? I have 50 some days to change my mind.

HUNTDOG said:
nobody is saying USC is a bad team and that they don't get respect, they do....probably way too much even as far as national media is concerned. who knows? I have 50 some days to change my mind.
I was commenting on one of the first post in this thread :shake:

abcs said:
like meyer, ( who schedules w carolina and c florida for non conf games). I cant wait for this game, both are classy programs with classy coaches. This is good for college football..

I could be wrong, but I don't think that Meyer had any control over his OOC schedule this year. In addition, keep in mind that Florida DOES play some damned good teams.

Seabass said:
I could be wrong, but I don't think that Meyer had any control over his OOC schedule this year. In addition, keep in mind that Florida DOES play some damned good teams.
Floridas SOS is 27th.. yes they have some nice wins 4 - 1 over top 30 teams.. :cheers: Just havent looked impressive at all in big games..

TroyStacks said:
they fucking suck the worst team hands down in the top 10. i'm so sick of hearing about quinn too. what has he done thats so goddamn great besides pick apart service acadamies.

Brady Quinn's the best QB since Peyton Manning @ Tennessee

Sit the fuck down.

...sorry, didn't mean to flip out...but I've got a man crush on Brady Quinn so I take offense when people say dumb shit like that

Notre Dame isnt all that bad.. their 2 losses are to the 2 of the 3 best teams in the country. They did beat ga tech and penn st.. Yea they had an easy schedule but they are a still a top 10 team..

Captain Slap A Hoe said:
...sorry, didn't mean to flip out...but I've got a man crush on Brady Quinn so I take offense when people say dumb shit like that

Quinn has not had a very good year. While I'm not a big Matt Leinart fan, I don't really see how Quinn is any better than Leinart. Both had a LOT of recieving talent.

This thread must have set a CTG record for most topics covered in one thread...

Quinn hasnt had a good year? 65% Completion 35 td 5 int..

Quinn cant play defense. The guy had an amazing year! Broke every record known to notre dame..

yeah but look who passed against look how mediocre his numbers were last night....less than 50% and under 3 tds hmmmmmmm wonder why. he is the second coming of heath shuler

Captain Slap A Hoe said:

haha i understand maybe you and horn can start up man crushes on college QBs.........

Captain-Quinn
Horn-Vincsanity

anyone else????? haha

I dunno...quinn was the victim of some ridiculous drops last night IMO..overall I think he is pretty good, and will be good in NFL because he is a prototypical pocket passer.

Of course ND deserve a BCS bid!

Who else you going to put in there?

Finished last season losing by 14 to this year's best team in the country at a neutral site, maybe even last year's best team at the time of the game. Two losses against this year's two #2 teams in the country passing in the night, one on the road, both playing their best ball at the time.

People bitch about their schedule this year. You want to know why? Because they never could before. It's usually rated one of the tougher schedules in the country when the year begins and when the year ends. All this moaning about the service academies. Fact is, Navy and Air Force have been bowl teams more often than not the last several years, both would be annual strong contenders to win mid-major conferences. ND never schedules a 1-AA team. (Florida, ACC, Big 12 ... are you listening?) The week prior to playing Ohio State, you know who Michigan sceduled this season? Ball Fucking State. Almost got beat. Who did ND schedule before Michigan? The Big 10's Penn State (bowl-bound). Michigan before ND? Kept the MAC theme going with Central Mich. Give the Wolves credit, they usually take a bye prior to ND.

Every NCAA team's schedule is padded with softies, ND is hardly the worst culprit. Weiss' Irish are 19-5 since he arrived, losing to MSU at home last year, then undefeated and defending national champion USC at home last year on a bad no-call, Ohio State in the Fiesta, Michigan this year, and USC yesterday ... hardly embarassing for a program that left Weiss without a defense.

Most gratifying part is that you whining fuckos are going to have to deal with their presence in a BCS bowl this year, and their presence in the top 10 for years to come. They're back. Give 'em time.

good article.., i agree with most of your points. I mean who else will go in their place? ND is legit.. just not a top 5 legit
However, what will be even more fun is how badly usc beats them next year. Even if Jarret goes pro.. this will be a 4 td beatdown.

Man, how is ND legit ? They have gotten routed by both the top 10 teams that they have played. That tells me they probably aren't a top 10 team.

That being said, I really hope that they make it and play a team like LSU, because ND probably wouldn't be a very big dog, and it would be real fun to get paid off when LSU routs them...

:cheers: lmao bartender,give me some of what your on ,your cheeseburger eatin coach will in the next 2 years either be coaching elsewhere or dead from obesity ,N.D.does not or should not be near the top 10 ,id say again that close to 20 of the top 25 teams would beat N.D. ,and to suggest there on losses were against mich osu and whoever else is a joke lmfao ,youll be adding another one here shortly when they get there asses handed to them in whatever bowl game they go to period . boise i think would whooooooop em omfg id take the points and the ml on that game (retire early) and to get back on usc i never said they werent good i just said there maybe 3 to 4 teams better IMO but im always wrong everytime so usc is number 1 and ill lay the 5.5 and be wrong again thanks for listening bart wow

:cheers: seabass i love when nd gets into bowls media hypes emmm fans love em and i win big money when i get the points and nd gets humiliated AGAIN on national tv i love it

Seabass, it's a silly, circular argument. If ND isn't any good, for the sake of argument, I'll concede. Now after this concession, tell me this ... who the fuck has Michigan beaten? Any BCS-bound teams in there? (Cricket, cricket, cricket.)

HUNTDOG said:
I dunno...quinn was the victim of some ridiculous drops last night IMO..overall I think he is pretty good, and will be good in NFL because he is a prototypical pocket passer.

I think he'll be a star...he's not prototypical IMO...he has good mobility and maintains downfield vision...he's accurate...he's a leader....and he has a cannon...and he's durable...

He's ready to play now...I think he's from the same mold as David Carr w/ even more ability...

shh dont bring up that michigan argument.. i got in trouble for it.. they did beat wisky.. who is about equal to ga tech in my books.. they also beat penn st ( but so did nd).. Both teams have played 4 top 30 teams.

ND isnt a top 5 team we get that.. but id take them over lousiville or wake or maybe even florida

Back