Ohio State will smack clemson right upside the temple

Traderjoe123

This game fascinates me as the media narrative is a forgone conclusion that LSU will be playing Clemson in the CFP. Yet based on numerous metrics I dont see how clemson has more than a 40% hence of winning this game....... I'll start with my usual. Which all Michigan fans hate to hear...... But talent.... Depth of talent .... Including line talent..... Ohio state had a HUGE edge against Michigan and i know southern cats dont wanna believe it but Clemson lineup is built more like Michigan than Ohio State/Bama. Matter of fact as a Buckeye fan this clemson team is easily similar talent wise to Ohio state 2016 sans the QB. So is the QB that good to overcome the Michigan esque talent???? I wouldnt bet on it... But let's delve deeper

Ohio state signed the highest overall pound for pound class in 2017. You are seeing the fruits of that class now.... Chase young, 5* Jeff Okuda 5*, Shaun wade 5*, Pete werner 4*, baron Browning 4*, jk dobbins 4*, Josh Meyers 5*, Wyatt davis 5 *, Jonah Jackson B1G all american OL transfer from rutgers, And let's not forget transfer Justin Fields who will end up drafted ahead of his 2018 classsmate. Stupid amounds of talent and 4 and 5 * guys behind them..... Let's compare that to Clemson and their undersized line and under talented players that dabo has brought in (sans the 2 WR and the QB)

Now you can explain that away as much as you want but the objective facts are that. Clemsons lineup is fillled with players that are rated as well as UM who got @ss raped by OSU the past 2 years

So lets also talk about the fact that Vegas thought so much of Ohio State or should I say so little of clemson to open this line as TOSU -1. Nevermind that the public who probably hasnt seen an Ohio State or a clemson game in years yet relies on espn for their education. And in turn they feel clemson is free money and subsequently the line has been bet up to tiger -2 with a resounding 75% of the cash on the orange Guys. I feel like there is a rule for this frame of thought

Is it ever a good idea to look past a great team? Is it ever a good idea to disrespect an ELITE team? Well Dabo and his team is brashly "on to LSU" ..... Without even seeing how hard the Buckeyes will punch them.l

Perhaps im biased. But what i do know. Ohio state has better line talent and size. Ohio states recruits out of high school top to bottom are significantly better. Clemson.... Lost a LOT last year and they have dudes coming in.... Ironically just like OSU in 16". But as of now they are at a talent disadvantage. The Bucks are battle tested. Yes wisky Penn State michigan and wisky again are better than anything clemson has even sniffed. clemson is Michigan... Blowing out Rutgers and Maryland and everyone saying.... Even Urban... They got it figured out. Until they dont. BTW those Michigan recievers top to bottom are more talented than those 2 at clemson. It all comes down to a QB for the orange guys.... Who in my opinion is at best equal to TOSUs QB..... Not a ton to hang your hat on if you ask me. Bucks win by 10 and rush for over 300 yards. I expect hands on hips by mid 3rd quarter. Take the ML. And don't sprinkle... Go strong and open end that parlay to the LSU game this BUCKS team is going to win it all and i love that this year's TOSU "06" is clemson.. Ironic isnt it?!

The best part of this game is that everyone is giving clemson this free pass. It hilarious that this ohio state team is obviously the most put together team in college football and even the people with money to risk refuse to see it because of recently bias. Allow yourself the ability to be objective and it'll all male sense. Clemson struggled stopping UVA and their run game. They obviously wore down because every team in the ACC is. Glorified MAC squad. And if you dont believe me check out Their objective rankings in contrast to the B1G. Their dline is good far from elite. And will get mauled. This isn't your older brothers clemson. 2 scores. And Michigan has. Some solid WR.. Well I now see Black is transferring.

Also of note michigan wastes 99% of their talent with atrocious coaching. Dabo does not. Which is why this wont be a 29 point win. Ive seen many of 5 stars go to die in Ann Arbor and many of 3 stars shine at clemson. 2 scores. And whoever said it'll be tight is right. But the Bucks talent will wear then down.

I’m not sure who is giving them a free pass. The fact they are favored says everything you need to know vs the almighty #1 team for most of the year.

:swordfight:

Just how I see it. clemsons year is 2020. Fade or follow ill be here when its done to own it.
I'm not saying Clemson will win or even that Clemson should be favored, but the thing about the receivers was ridiculous. But you are right that Clemson's D-line/defense is a real question mark.

Last edited:
This a surprisingly good article from Yahoo. Yeah, Yahoo:

It's one of those articles where anonymous opposing coaches give their perspectives. In this case, the opposing coaches speak to the following issues: (1) TL and his sophomore season vs, his freshman season, (2) Venables' schematic changes to the defense in response to the loss of the top 5 D-linemen, (3) the weaknesses on defense, and (4) the weaknesses on offense.

Virginia had 104 yds rushing. I wish Nebraska could struggle like Clemson does.
Which is as typical as could be for either Clemson (allowed 106 rush yards per game) or Ohio State (allowed 100 rush yards per game).

Clemson had trouble in the first half with passes over the middle....but then adjusted.
UVA did a good job of scheming to isolate Muse a couple times, including their first TD. He has straight-line speed, but he's a bit stiff and can be beaten in man coverage.

So lets also talk about the fact that Vegas thought so much of Ohio State or should I say so little of clemson to open this line as TOSU -1.

Wouldn’t the fact it opened at 1 give you some pause since you think tOSU is leaps and bounds better than Clemson? I’m not understanding your point about them thinking so little of Clemson with this line...it seems to do the opposite based on your “40% chance of winning.”

Clemson's ostarine suspensions were finalized a year ago tomorrow. Dexter Lawrence is in the NFL, but tow of the guys are still on scholarship and are expected to be reinstated tomorrow. TE Braden Galloway could be a difference-maker as the only real receiving threat for the Tigers at that position. He has been practicing as the scout-team tight end, so he has been blocking, catching, and generally playing footballl.

None of that original post even makes sense.

Clemson dog walking ohio state is a forgone conclusion from most media outlets.... Therefore they are getting a free pass for playing against absolute dogshit all year... And "on to LSU" you must not be a Bill Belichik fan...... "We are on to Cincinnati"

Wouldn’t the fact it opened at 1 give you some pause since you think tOSU is leaps and bounds better than Clemson? I’m not understanding your point about them thinking so little of Clemson with this line...it seems to do the opposite based on your “40% chance of winning.”

Implied vegas odds are that yes 40% ish chance of winning but vegas opened osu at -1. and then the propaganda machine mind fucked gen pop into believing this Clemson team is last years team. Think of Ohio state 2006 vs Florida. See an earily similar situation here. Line play is what destroyed ohio state in that game. Florida was bigger faster stronger and just plain better. Thats going to be the difference in this game. Ohio state will wear clemson out.

Don't buy into the Public perceptions recency bias.

UVA did a good job of scheming to isolate Muse a couple times, including their first TD. He has straight-line speed, but he's a bit stiff and can be beaten in man coverage.

Clemson also struggled to get a ground game going against the mightly D-line of UVA.

This is UVA.... This game honestly shouldnt even count. A good comparison is UC and UVA. No chest thumping is allowed for not rushing for over 250 yards in the first quarter

I'm saying they should have won by 40 and that this game shows me nothing. Except in the first half they did struggle to get a push up front.

Their athletes at the skill were light years ahead of any team they have played. But in 2 weeks the skill will be mostly equal. The lines wont though.

Anyways,

The whole premise of this thread is interesting.

In my opinion, the two best teams are playing and it is going to be a heck of a game (LSU only 3-4 points behind guys before you get feathers all ruffled).

So now your really going to count garbage time? C'mon BAR you are better than that
It wasn't garbage time. Clemson made first downs on eight of its first 10 plays from scrimmage. Excluding a sack, Clemson got at least 7 yards on six of its first seven rushes, and at least 13 yards on four of its first seven rushes.

Back