Week 4 Discussion Thread

I'm just curious to see Orji pass lol.

We've never truly seen it in a game.

The bomb on Saturday is a completion of the receiver does not slow up.

More later ...

My only issue is if they thought he could pass wouldn’t he have been the starter to begin with? I’m far more interested in the usc o vs Michigan d tho, prop hunting more than sides, lol. Already asked in fhe big10 thread what im most curious about if Michigan d will continue do be so blitz happy?

My only issue is if they thought he could pass wouldn’t he have been the starter to begin with? I’m far more interested in the usc o vs Michigan d tho, prop hunting more than sides, lol. Already asked in fhe big10 thread what im most curious about if Michigan d will continue do be so blitz happy?
More to it, I'll explain later.

I'm not even trying to prop up Auburn, they still have SEC caliber talent and wouldn't be 0-3 if they had FSU schedule. FSU is nothing like last season. Books have yet to adjust. 0-3 and faves in all is very telling

Oh I don’t know bout that. Aub could easily went 0-3 on fsu schedule. Gtech beats them without question, bc prob depends where game is but I couldn’t see betting sub at bc, not with Thorpe at qb, maybe things change with the qb change at aub but I have no doubt they don’t win any the games fsu has lost, maybe Memphis but that was a different circumstance with motivation and former coach. Aub with Thorpe at qb isn’t beating many teams on the big4 level imo.

Really starting to feel the impact of conference realignment and the destruction of the P12.......basically my bread and butter for conference play and now really struggling to get a handle and feel good about edges.............don't even want to think about how it is going to impact my college hoop season

OK, enough bitching.......adapt or die

Gotta say reading your takes on pac-12 has been one most disappointing things about it being gone!

Also the new Pac 12 is going to be infinitely more exciting than the last one both in football and basketball. I'll actually be much more in tune with the new conference. Have seen a recommendation for them to add Zags for basketball which means St Mary's will get that invite as well. How awesome would that be?

UNLV makes so much sense to join but apparently the Nevada state government is requiring any UNLV move to involve Reno as well which means all the money for the buyout to the MWC per team has to be doubled.

My two Pac 12 network channels are gone with the wind but no chance the cable bill went down

No matter what service cable, streaming, sure seemed like pac-12 only thing I like never got since I dumped direct tv years ago. Just got a notice that fucjing Hulu live going up again. I remember when all this streaming shit 1st started I was so happy to say fuck cable company (besides them owning the internet market, can’t get around that, I tried the f-mobile and version wirelesss at home, shit wasn’t fast enough and had too many issues). But now that streaming doesn’t need me anymore they have turned into exactly like the fucjing cable company. Fucjing sucks, think counting internet I’m pretty much now paying the same price when I got fed up with direct or cable.

No matter what service cable, streaming, sure seemed like pac-12 only thing I like never got since I dumped direct tv years ago. Just got a notice that fucjing Hulu live going up again. I remember when all this streaming shit 1st started I was so happy to say fuck cable company (besides them owning the internet market, can’t get around that, I tried the f-mobile and version wirelesss at home, shit wasn’t fast enough and had too many issues). But now that streaming doesn’t need me anymore they have turned into exactly like the fucjing cable company. Fucjing sucks, think counting internet I’m pretty much now paying the same price when I got fed up with direct or cable.
Oh it won't change. I'm not leaving cable but I do have accounts with ESPN+, Peacock, Paramount+, Amazon Prime all for obvious football/futbol reasons but I don't really waste the time to go on Amazon for those shitty Thursday night games.

Paramount Plus is necessary for Champions League but then when I watched City and Inter draw at 0-0 I was so pissed that I pay for that lol

Also the new Pac 12 is going to be infinitely more exciting than the last one both in football and basketball. I'll actually be much more in tune with the new conference. Have seen a recommendation for them to add Zags for basketball which means St Mary's will get that invite as well. How awesome would that be?

UNLV makes so much sense to join but apparently the Nevada state government is requiring any UNLV move to involve Reno as well which means all the money for the buyout to the MWC per team has to be doubled.
I think Tulane and Memphis make the jump if offered. Got to almost.

I think Tulane and Memphis make the jump if offered. Got to almost.
Yeah both are the leaders in the clubhouse

Still think UNLV are begging to join but again, Reno.

BTW Reno has been causing a lot of headaches the last few days. The LeMaid photo can't be unseen.

LSU scores 45 of the 57 total. UCLA put up all of one TD, at home, against that vaunted IU defense.:D
Rare situation I put zero weight on last week's game. Hard to think UCLA could remotely be up for Indiana, I firmly believe they will be for the trip to Baton Rouge. Terrible coach obviously but I also think Brian Kelly is terrible. I expect lots of points from both sides.

Rare situation I put zero weight on last week's game. Hard to think UCLA could remotely be up for Indiana, I firmly believe they will be for the trip to Baton Rouge. Terrible coach obviously but I also think Brian Kelly is terrible. I expect lots of points from both sides.

Kelly underwhelms by the day....

Couldn’t I argue as awful fsu been and we all pretty much agree DJ U a bit a turd, fsu should probably improve as the year goes on as they threw together a whole bunch of new pieces this season. I still trust this coaching staff and am pretty sure they better than Auburn who been puzzling to me what a shit show Freeze has going on there! I guess Cal has been impressive and they are well coached but I’m not sold on the arm of that qb! Is unquestionable fsu has more talent right? Unless DJ U just loses the team I still think there potential here for them to at least be competent at some point. Maybe DJ U getting the 💰 and playing like he has creates a divide? That possible but if they still buying in I gotta believe Norvell will get them looking better. Maybe I’m way off, scoring 12 vs Memphis after a bye doesn’t exactly scream optimism! lol. If you made me I think I’d lay the 2.5. Maybe I’m crazy tho, hopefully I can find enough bets it doesn’t come to that. lol.

Far as the travel I dunno how much an issue it is anymore? This isn’t like the old days, think most these teams traveling in relative luxury. A earlier start would make me think more of it but think I agree w you it not a huge deal.
Didn't Freeze get Ole Miss back on the map and then put Liberty on the map? I understand if some think Freeze is sleeze but he's not a bad coach, or at least his history doesn't say so. Could be wrong, but isn't this only his 2nd year at Auburn? I highly doubt he'd be rehired in SEC if he was a bust so I'm not going to let his name be a factor as why Auburn isn't good, or wouldn't be 0-3 with FSU's schedule. I'm not touting Auburn as good or anything but no way they'd be 0-3 right now with FSU schedule.

Didn't Freeze get Ole Miss back on the map and then put Liberty on the map? I understand if some think Freeze is sleeze but he's not a bad coach, or at least his history doesn't say so. Could be wrong, but isn't this only his 2nd year at Auburn? I highly doubt he'd be rehired in SEC if he was a bust so I'm not going to let his name be a factor as why Auburn isn't good, or wouldn't be 0-3 with FSU's schedule. I'm not touting Auburn as good or anything but no way they'd be 0-3 right now with FSU schedule.
Um I'd favor GT, BC and Memphis against Auburn in a minute. Thorne is complete shit and all three of those teams likely beat Auburn regardless the location of the game. They all have better defenses and offenses. I guess special teams would be a craps shoot but Auburn would likely be 0-3 with that schedule. Cal is mediocre at best. Probably a good game in Tallahassee really.

Um I'd favor GT, BC and Memphis against Auburn in a minute. Thorne is complete shit and all three of those teams likely beat Auburn regardless the location of the game. They all have better defenses and offenses. I guess special teams would be a craps shoot but Auburn would likely be 0-3 with that schedule. Cal is mediocre at best. Probably a good game in Tallahassee really.
Well, we'll never know but no way Auburn goes 0-3. What do you think Auburn record will be end of season?

Freeze was hired strictly because he gave Saban fits 3 years in a row from 2014-2016. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure AU hired him against the advice of the SEC office. I know that they pretty much blocked Saban from hiring him as an analyst after he got fired. He's a pretty good recruiter, but I'm not sure his offense is as effective as it used to be. Harsin left the roster in shambles, so it was always going to be a big rebuild. But as I alluded to in the SEC thread, Freeze made a lot of claims and promises this offseason to upgrade offense and in particular the WR room (I think it's pretty good, if young), but the decision to stick with Thorne was puzzling. Now he's been benched and AU doesn't have a QB commit in the '25 or '26 class, so the pressure is rising. I can assure you the fans aren't very happy right now. Their record against P4 teams over the last 4 seasons is horrendous. I think this is pretty much a must win for Freeze. I'm not saying he's on the hot seat if he loses (though it is Auburn), but a loss tomorrow makes his margin of error for the rest of the season non-existent

Well, we'll never know but no way Auburn goes 0-3. What do you think Auburn record will be end of season?
If they win 4 games I'll be shocked. Think 3 is the ceiling. They are Messy and Florida bad. As much fun as we make of the Florida/Messy matchup tomorrow, this team would make it the perfect trifecta. Home games against Vandy and ULM, would you actually be shocked if they lost both of those? I won't be.

Freeze was hired strictly because he gave Saban fits 3 years in a row from 2014-2016. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure AU hired him against the advice of the SEC office. I know that they pretty much blocked Saban from hiring him as an analyst after he got fired. He's a pretty good recruiter, but I'm not sure his offense is as effective as it used to be. Harsin left the roster in shambles, so it was always going to be a big rebuild. But as I alluded to in the SEC thread, Freeze made a lot of claims and promises this offseason to upgrade offense and in particular the WR room (I think it's pretty good, if young), but the decision to stick with Thorne was puzzling. Now he's been benched and AU doesn't have a QB commit in the '25 or '26 class, so the pressure is rising. I can assure you the fans aren't very happy right now. Their record against P4 teams over the last 4 seasons is horrendous. I think this is pretty much a must win for Freeze. I'm not saying he's on the hot seat if he loses (though it is Auburn), but a loss tomorrow makes his margin of error for the rest of the season non-existent
Thanks for the reply. That was quick lol. Can't say you're wrong or right but funny a rival chiming in right away. No matter. Don't think he was hired at Auburn due to giving "fits" to Bama although that may have been a good reason. He took Ole Miss out of the dumps. Made Liberty (new school) a ranked team within 2 years. Don't know what he's got this season, but I'd never blame his teams losing on him. Still think they would not be 0-3 with FSU schedule, but we'll never know.

If they win 4 games I'll be shocked. Think 3 is the ceiling. They are Messy and Florida bad. As much fun as we make of the Florida/Messy matchup tomorrow, this team would make it the perfect trifecta. Home games against Vandy and ULM, would you actually be shocked if they lost both of those? I won't be.
Swear to God haven't looked at the schedule but give me the over for the max

Are you a fan?

I swear I've not heard one redeeming quality about them at all. They got punched in the mouth in the first half last week. Final score wasn't close to how that game was actually played.

Thanks for the reply. That was quick lol. Can't say you're wrong or right but funny a rival chiming in right away. No matter. Don't think he was hired at Auburn due to giving "fits" to Bama although that may have been a good reason. He took Ole Miss out of the dumps. Made Liberty (new school) a ranked team within 2 years. Don't know what he's got this season, but I'd never blame his teams losing on him. Still think they would not be 0-3 with FSU schedule, but we'll never know.
Hes not lying about a lot of this. Neither are you.

I want to believe in Freeze for whatever reason. Said it last week, drop the Netflix series. Auburn is the circus not many know about

Hes not lying about a lot of this. Neither are you.

I want to believe in Freeze for whatever reason. Said it last week, drop the Netflix series. Auburn is the circus not many know about
They were a terrible watch last season

This year it's worse. Complete gong show

They were a terrible watch last season

This year it's worse. Complete gong show
You can't call it a gong show yet. They may be short on talent, backups, etc. but they still have SEC players no matter what the rankings say and can easily win 4 games or more since they've already got 2 under their belt.

You can't call it a gong show yet. They may be short on talent, backups, etc. but they still have SEC players no matter what the rankings say and can easily win 4 games or more since they've already got 2 under their belt.
Obviously they can. They'll be favored against Arkansas, Vandy and ULM.

I don't know why you asked me what my thoughts about their season were. I gave them to you and now you think I made that as a wagering line lol

Obviously they can. They'll be favored against Arkansas, Vandy and ULM.

I don't know why you asked me what my thoughts about their season were. I gave them to you and now you think I made that as a wagering line lol
You straight up said if they win 4 games you'll be shocked, so let us know what that was all about

So no bets available on this? I'd take the over all day
You have to be ignorant to think I was making a betting line on this. WTF wouldn't I just take the under at whatever is being offered right now?

Was that actually your goal? This has to be the most random topic to get worked over on a Friday night. Auburn football lmfao. They suck. Next.

Again, what exactly was the point of this little exercise? I'm trying to look at games tomorrow and have found myself buried in Auburn's schedule. Thanks for that I guess.

You have to be ignorant to think I was making a betting line on this. WTF wouldn't I just take the under at whatever is being offered right now?

Was that actually your goal? This has to be the most random topic to get worked over on a Friday night. Auburn football lmfao. They suck. Next.
Most likely you are talking shit and can't back it up. Auburn over/under 4 wins is what we are at a disagreement. Give me the over all day and night. No worries not trying to start a fight but damn, Auburn isn't a 3 or 4 win team

Most likely you are talking shit and can't back it up. Auburn over/under 4 wins is what we are at a disagreement. Give me the over all day and night. No worries not trying to start a fight but damn, Auburn isn't a 3 or 4 win team
I simply said they likely would lose to all three teams FSU lost too and would be shocked if they win 4 games. That's all. No more Auburn football!

Go Hogs!

Booked BG +23, Gophers +3 (-120), GT +10' and also ECU +7. Not sure why but WVU feeling like a stay away for me. Turning attention to totals now that 1Hs are out.
Played Utah/Ok St 1H under 27, Northwestern Washington 1H under 21’, Kent/Penn State over 55’, Marshall/Ohio State over 52’, Duke TT over 31’, Oklahoma TT under 24’ and also K State -7. Card got pretty full pretty fast, BOL to all today!

I was writing mine as you were writing yours, so I wasn't that quick lol. Hugh Freeze was deemed excommunicado by the SEC office. There were programs that were interested in hiring him (and not even as HC), and the SEC office strongly recommended against. The insinuation being that if he did something that could get the school in trouble, they wouldn't get the help from league HQ. So if a team was going to hire him, they had to think the risk was worth it. He certainly can coach, but I wouldn't say he's in the top 25-30 coaches out there, and AU is certainly in that discussion to be a top 25 or better program. But they are crazy. They run the program like a 16 year old runs his dynasty on the college football game. Not many coaches were going to be interested after they way they fired Chizik and Malzahn after some pretty big success, and then with the way they abandoned Harsin from the very start (he was a terrible hire anyway). It may not have been the main factor, but I assure you, Freeze's success against Alabama was a definite consideration in making the hire. Certainly what made the risk of hiring him against conference advice worth it. Now we get to the part of every AU coaching life cycle where they start considering adding to their already considerable buyout expenditures should this season go off the rails. In previous years, AU somehow turns seasons around and competes for a championship, but I don't think they have the roster to to get out of this hole quickly. The boosters there are not known for patience, so it will be entertaining as a rival fan to watch

If they don't win today, I think 4 wins becomes a pretty real possibility. I think they still probably land on 6-6 as they have for like 5 years in a row

Back