Oh wow... DMac ran a 4.27

Mike Hart is slow... wow 4.67, get that fridge off your back son. Here are some other RB's

Unofficial times from the NFL Network.

Thomas Brown (Georgia) - 4.55

Cory Boyd (South Carolina) - 4.51

Jehuu Caulcrick (MSU) - 4.70

Jamaal Charles (Texas) - 4.36

Tashard Choice (GT) - 4.54

Jerome Felton (Furman) - 4.75

Matt Forte (Tulane) - 4.51

Mike Hart (Michigan) - 4.67

Felix Jones (Arkansas) - 4.44

Darren McFadden (Arkansas) - 4.27

Rashard Mendenhall (Illinois) - 4.43

Jalen Parmele (Toledo) - 4.54

Ray Rice (Rutgers) - 4.44

Steve Slaton (West Virginia) - 4.44

Kevin Smith (Central Florida) - 4.43

Carl Stewart (Auburn) - 4.69

Jonathan Stewart (Oregon) - 4.44

Ryan Torain (ASU) - 4.64

Chris Johnson (East Carolina) - 4.29

Anthony Alridge (Houston) - 4.33

Jacob Hester (LSU) - 4.60

had no idea Rashard could scoot like that. always thought of him as a power back. that time should help his stock rise.

i have no idea why darren ran today...The best he could do is solidfy his spot as the top Rb and being in the top tier of players in this draft as being in the top 3. If he bombed this he could of really cost himself milllions of dollars. Not smart on his agents part.

I wish i could get him on the browns, i would love to see him pound away at the AFC north. Wherever he goes he is giong to be loved.

Will Al Davis bite, Jerry Jone's cowboys, or someone else?

No way in hell the Raiders get him now.

florida-17.jpg

Wherever he goes he is going to be loved.

you don't know how right you are.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/falcons/entries/2008/02/24/combine_report.html

That’s where news got out that Arkansas running back Darren McFadden is not only battling a paternity suit, but that he told a team during an interview Saturday night that he has two children on the way. In addition to meeting with the Falcons, he met with the Raiders, who pick fourth in the draft, and several other teams.

a paternity suit??? OMG, not another player with baggage. If he goes to the raiders he will not be as effective as there is no offensive line and the division is very tough defensively.

Falcons would be the best fit for DMAC as that division isn't as tough defensively and it would be closer to his friends and family. Although on the flip side atlanta needs so much, if he goes to atlanta he might as well acknowledge that he won't get to sniff the playoffs for a good 3 or 4 years.

McFadden should go to Atlanta. The Falcons usually rack up rushing yds as the season progresses (look at Dunn/Norwood the past few seasons). I know the Falcons are going through a rebuilding/rough process right now, but Arthur Blank shells out money to improve. Now, I say this from McFadden's perspective, but as a Saints fan, I hope he stays away from the NFC South.

Give me Rashard Mendenhall over him any day. I think Dmac will be good but Mendenhall will be a stud and hes got a good head on his shoulders. Mendenhall will be the better pro.

would mcfadden be the fastest player in the NFL??

Not even close. I would say there is 15 to 20 guys faster than him. I thought I heard he ran a 4.33 not a 4.27 anyways. I never saw anything about the 4.27. On sportscenter they said 4.33

4.33 was the unofficial time before the NFL combine officials make a time official they need to make sure that there were not any timing errors in either starting or stopping.

like mendehall and stewart from oregon.

mcfadden reminds me of reggie bush too much.

an overhyped running back out of college, who has off the field trouble, is exceptionally quick and not good in pass protection.

an overhyped running back out of college, who has off the field trouble, is exceptionally quick and not good in pass protection.

Well the overhyped statement will be seen once D-Mac plays in the NFL. Yeah sure, NOW Reggie is overhyped. People did believe he was the second coming of Gale Sayers. Off the field trouble: what trouble did Bush get in besides possible NCAA violations, all of them which haven't been proved correct yet. Hasn't D-Mac been involved in that and real scuffles? I don't remember pass protection being a problem when I've watched McFadden. I know people have said that is a concern but it was a concern for a lot of running backs coming out of college, even Peterson at a point in his early career at OU. You can learn pass blocking and McFadden has the body to do it right. And with regard to playing styles, Bush was a player built on his speed and agility. McFadden has so many more features and is built very differently.

Someone on a draft magazine i was reading that some teams have mendenhall higher on there draft boards then mcfadden. The knock on mcfadden is that he goes down too easily.

a paternity suit??? OMG, not another player with baggage. If he goes to the raiders he will not be as effective as there is no offensive line and the division is very tough defensively.

Falcons would be the best fit for DMAC as that division isn't as tough defensively and it would be closer to his friends and family. Although on the flip side atlanta needs so much, if he goes to atlanta he might as well acknowledge that he won't get to sniff the playoffs for a good 3 or 4 years.

WTF is it with y'all posting this BS about Da Raiders O-Line?
I had to "correct" Brewer on this ERRONEOUS take from yesterday...TO RECAP:

Da Raiders were #6 in rushing YPG last year.

Their blocking scheme will improve as it was their 1st year in Tom "O-Line Guru" Cable's ZBS that he used in the ATL to great accolades...Atlanta led the NFL in rushing THREE STRAIGHT YEARS with Cable & Knapp calling their offense...same combo that's in Oaktown now, baby!!!

Oakland also had THREE different starting RBs last year...with their leading rusher (over 1000 yards) healthy/starting only 10 games.

If Oaktown...with RUN DMC, Justin Fargas, Michael Bush & Dominic Rhodes are not TOP THREE in rushing offense I'll be very, very surprised.

Mully :cheers:

kind of glad we got mcfadden ..... abundance of rb now ... need to trade some of that and fill some holes. I? worry a bit about mcfaddens straight up running style for the nfl ... but it worked for dickerson i guess

Back