Offseason News.....

The only thing he was good at was looking at the safeties with a puzzled look on his face after he gets burned for a 40 yard TD

Did you people watch him last year?

He cant play

Hes done

Hes a waste of a roster spot
so he goes from the one or 2 best corner to not a roster spot in a year?

you dont think for a split second it had anything to do with the Eagles?

so he goes from the one or 2 best corner to not a roster spot in a year?

you dont think for a split second it had anything to do with the Eagles?

Lol come on man. What did the eagles organization have to do with him playing a wr one on one and getting toasted?

Over/under on when Twinkie comes to the realization that Nnamdi is cooked is 7 minutes into the first game he has to attempt to cover Julio jones

obv you saw hima bit more than me if you watched every bird game

I still stand by for the right price and in a system that would better suit him, it aint a bad deal.

Again, he went from one of the 2-3 best cbs and in one year cant play?

Maybe he wasn't really one of the best 2 or 3 to begin with. I'm not saying he was or wasn't, but when he was in Oakland they didn't throw his way often (or almost ever) because they could just beat the fuck outta the other side all day long.

the only argument for Nnamdi was a different system in year 1

he was always on man and in Philly it was zone

then Philly played some man last year and he still got toasted...

doesn't look promising

i can't bring myself to believe that nnamdi is done. i do think he was a top 3 corner not long ago. i know i might be wrong but he's also one of the great people in the nfl so i hope he makes a decent comeback.

i can't bring myself to believe that nnamdi is done. i do think he was a top 3 corner not long ago. i know i might be wrong but he's also one of the great people in the nfl so i hope he makes a decent comeback.

Agree with this. He is one of the great people in the league, very involved with charities and helping those less fortunate.

nothing against tebow because i wish him well but if that dude walked an old lady across the street, everyone celebrates it for a week, but there are several guys in the nfl who do a lot of serious charity work and it goes unnoticed. nnamdi and larry fitgerald are two of the greatest guys in any sport when it comes to that stuff but they just don't get the publicity for it, which is probably fine with them.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/03/mixed_opinions_on_whether_nnam.html

Most agreed that his speed has definitely declined -- though that was never his greatest asset at 6 feet 2, 210 pounds. He has always thrived most by using that size and his long arms in press coverage in man-to-man defense.
And that's one thing that every analyst agreed on -- that Asomugha will have to be used the right way wherever he lands, rather than the heavy amounts of zone coverage he played in Philadelphia.

at least with Ryan he should get a lot of Man

but that division has some burners, tough gig

Last year, for example, he did a great job against physical superstar receiver Calvin Johnson for three quarters before the team switched to more zone coverage and collapsed in the fourth quarter.
"I think he's best as a press corner," said former NFL general manager Charley Casserly, who analyzes the league for the NFL Network. "Personally I wouldn't have used him in a variety of ways like he was used in Philly. I would have used him just as a press corner. Not an off-man cover guy and not a zone guy."

Adam Caplan, who follows the Eagles closely while also analyzing the entire league for SiriusXM Radio, explained that the Eagles' defensive backs had to play more zone coverage and help in run support more than most around the league because of the "Wide-9" formation Philadelphia used up front.And he agreed that it didn't work to Asomugha's strengths or weaknesses.
"As one high-ranking NFC personnel executive explained to me about Asomugha, he's the type of cornerback that must get his hands on the wide receiver early in the route. He called him 'clutchy, grabby,'" Caplan said. "If he doesn't, he'll wind up losing more battles than he'll wind up winning because he simply doesn't have the speed to recover. He has largely depended on his size to handle smaller receivers."

Patrick Robinson was decent/to good in man.....Spags came in and played a complex zone and he looked terrible

is flynn going to the raiders? that could be their best starting qb since punkett.

not sure i'd sell my backup if i was the seahawks, but maybe wilson will be the real deal.

Flynn to the Raiders for a 5th next year and a conditional the following year. I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Next move will probably be to dump Palmers salary or find a team to trade with.

I know I will get the homer shit, but Flynn has shown that he can play

small sample size yes, but still

i agree with you although admittedly one game against a shit detroit defense doesn't tell us much. however, with him going to the raiders, we may never know.

So the Raiders spend the 1 overall on Russell, gave up 2 firsts for Palmer, and now are going with Flynn. That organization is just so terribly run its a joke.

I don't wanna hear about Flynn's one incredible game. First off, that year GB had the sickest offense. Any backup qb in the league could have played 1 game, lit it up, and then got rich on a free agent contract after that. Detroits d was a joke.

I do think there is a place in the NFL for Flynn, hes not bad, but hes as fringe starter. Hes on Kevin Kolb's level. After his incredible game against Detroit, its started to become assumed that he would be a hot commodity. Yet, he worked out for a bunch of teams, and nobody wanted him but the Seahawks. The Marlins went into the workout wanting so bad to be impressed and even they walked away unimpressed and passed on him. Hes fine, probably better than palmer, but not a guy whos gonna be able to make things happen with no weapons. Raiders will be fade material once again

spend the 1st on Russell

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZubYpplmzVk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

ESPN gushed over it

skill level is "John Elway like"

so if Peyton Manning was eligable to be drafted that year than they are suddenly a well run organization????

because Russell was going first regardless to any team than needed a QB

ripping teams for drafting bad at 1st overall when the pick is praised when it happens is the most lazy type of analysis

giving up a 2014 pick for Flynn, and getting a pick from Arizona for Palmer is a win (for both Zona and Oakland)

don't see it any other way

giving up a 2014 pick for Flynn, and getting a pick from Arizona for Palmer is a win (for both Zona and Oakland)

don't see it any other way
Agree. We were a 5-6 win team with Carson, get rid of him. If Carson wasn't going to take a pay cut on his $13 million salary, McKenzie did the right thing and got rid of him. Not saying we're gonna reach the playoffs with Flynn but there's no way we could keep Palmer.

Agree. We were a 5-6 win team with Carson, get rid of him. If Carson wasn't going to take a pay cut on his $13 million salary, McKenzie did the right thing and got rid of him. Not saying we're gonna reach the playoffs with Flynn but there's no way we could keep Palmer.

exactly, take your chances on Flynn and at worst you have a career backup but LSU fans seems to think he can be legit

if we are just as bad next year, our cap issues are over, we will probably get a few comp picks from FAs leaving, and the QB class next year is much stronger

spend the 1st on Russell

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZubYpplmzVk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

ESPN gushed over it

skill level is "John Elway like"

so if Peyton Manning was eligable to be drafted that year than they are suddenly a well run organization????

because Russell was going first regardless to any team than needed a QB

ripping teams for drafting bad at 1st overall when the pick is praised when it happens is the most lazy type of analysis
not really. you are defending it because it is your team. He had all the ability in the world....What is an analyst on TV ever gonna say when hosting a show when there is a number 1 pick...plenty of people had questions and whatnot

exactly, take your chances on Flynn and at worst you have a career backup but LSU fans seems to think he can be legit

if we are just as bad next year, our cap issues are over, we will probably get a few comp picks from FAs leaving, and the QB class next year is much stronger
Flynn is good. I think he will beat out TP(is he still on the team or did I miss something).

The kid is smart and works hard and has the skill....I think the Raiders did right

Goin back to the Jamarcus thing....I get what you are saying to Dwow, but it still wasnt universally accepted he was a sure thing etc....he really was a fucking great CFB QB

The problem was that he could get by on his ability alone...that size and that arm...just unreal. Never a runner, but could shake a sack off like nothing and move in the pocket. I really think he was just lazy and not very smart(in fact I know this)...It sucks because it was at a time when rookies could break the bank, and it was the Raiders....so it was certainly scrutinized differently. BUT there were some that didnt love him coming out.

I liked him...but the two concerns I mentioned were real and mine as well....but plenty of scouts saw what we all saw. The best arm in the NFL.

i agree with you although admittedly one game against a shit detroit defense doesn't tell us much. however, with him going to the raiders, we may never know.
It is still an NFL defense. I saw Joe Super Webb in one game too against a real shitty GB defense recently

Hell I liked TP.....one game I hear ya

Someone saw Chase Daniel play ZERO games and signed his ass...I think he CAN be good....GOTTA be the right system tho,,,Chase is a system guy to me...I think Flynn is a little more well rounded

and yes I hate "system", but Chase to me was designed to take over for Brees...had a great teacher

To pay Palmer would be ludicrous.....Raiders did the only thing they could do

not really. you are defending it because it is your team. He had all the ability in the world....What is an analyst on TV ever gonna say when hosting a show when there is a number 1 pick...plenty of people had questions and whatnot

my point is this

when 1st overall picks are bad, unless it's a huge reach or a trend, it's rarely ever an off the board pick

I don't think SD is dumb for the Leaf pick

or Houston for David Carr etc.

these were guys that were going get drafted 1st/2nd etc. regardless of who was picking

So the Raiders spend the 1 overall on Russell, gave up 2 firsts for Palmer, and now are going with Flynn. That organization is just so terribly run its a joke.

I don't wanna hear about Flynn's one incredible game. First off, that year GB had the sickest offense. Any backup qb in the league could have played 1 game, lit it up, and then got rich on a free agent contract after that. Detroits d was a joke.

I do think there is a place in the NFL for Flynn, hes not bad, but hes as fringe starter. Hes on Kevin Kolb's level. After his incredible game against Detroit, its started to become assumed that he would be a hot commodity. Yet, he worked out for a bunch of teams, and nobody wanted him but the Seahawks. The Marlins went into the workout wanting so bad to be impressed and even they walked away unimpressed and passed on him. Hes fine, probably better than palmer, but not a guy whos gonna be able to make things happen with no weapons. Raiders will be fade material once again

Interesting take. They make one of the better moves they have made in years and you call them out as a terribly run organization? Have you seen the salary they dumped off the books in the next few years by shipping Palmer out and bringing on Flynn? They are in full on rebuilding mode anyway so it's not like this was going to be the move that makes them a contender. With the money that this move will free up in the next two years they can improve their team vastly. This is a win win situation.

Indy is not smarter for drafting Manning/Luck than the Texans are for drafting Carr

same with Atlanta and the Mattural compared to the Rams and Bradford

they are lucky said player was available that year

Seahawks drafting Russ in the 3rd round, thats a GOOD pick, Brady in the 6th is a GOOD pick

still whiffing number 1 is gonna sting

I hear the rational thoughts/defense...i get it

You may be right, could be right....

It is the fact that when a team picks there a bit, and dont find gold.....they get blasted

The Saints picked Reggie Bush 1 overall......woulda been a shit pick if not for a 1000 things that fell right and the results(hell some could say it WAS a shit pick)

Shake off the criticism...1 picks overall bring em

Indy is not smarter for drafting Manning/Luck than the Texans are for drafting Carr

same with Atlanta and the Mattural compared to the Rams and Bradford

they are lucky said player was available that year

Seahawks drafting Russ in the 3rd round, thats a GOOD pick, Brady in the 6th is a GOOD pick
Disagree with the first part tho teed. I get the last sentence, very true. But sometimes passing and trading down is equally as good.

Are you saying Bradford was a waste of a pick? Just curious

no not at all, just that he hasn't been as good as a guy like Ryan

could have used Stafford as an example as well

serviceable QBs, but jury is still out that either of them ever win a playoff game

I do agree that just bc a team picked a guy 1-1 & he failed, it doesnt mean its the wrong pick. However, the raiders past 6 yrs had been a farce of moves, and russell adds to it. Also i do not believe the team offered the kind of environment for JR to succeed. He needed discipline & to be held accountable for his actions & there is no disciine or leadership in Oakland. The inmates run the asylum there.

Also, not sure I think Brady was a great pick as much as it was lucky lol. It is what it is, but no way they saw tbis coming. They thought they were drafting a backup.

Back