Offseason News.....

Hes a good fit for Seattle...if he can stay healthy

but he'll still be overpaid

Would rather keep the pick and take Austin

25th overall for a top 10 wr?

A first round pick for a guy EVERYBODY knew wanted to be traded. Plus, he's going to get a fat contract that we weren't going to give him - gives us more cap flexibility for FA.

Keep your LOL's reserved for the Raiders haha.

Why are we LOLing at the Vikings?

They got a first round pick (plus some) for a guy who is about to become way overpaid, has a questionable injury history and has never had a 1000 yard season...
You say this basically every trade...you love your draft picks

Harvins DYAR (Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement - defined as: the value of the performance on plays where this WR caught the ball, compared to replacement level, adjusted for situation and opponent and then translated into yardage) rank amongst WR on Football Outsiders:

2009: 26th
2010: 26th
2011: 29th
2012: 37th

Yeah, people undervalue 2nd round picks. Just because the Browns go with T. Robiskie, don't lose sight, good teams don't whiff often in the 2nd round.

I will say this in defense of Harvin - he has the best YAC in the league (really for slot guys but is probably up there overall) and can break a play at any time. Should help their dink and dunk offense and he will get some nice mismatches in that division with their running game. I'm sure they will stop letting him return kicks even though he's top 5-10 at that as well.

Vikes get #25 and a 7th rounder this year and a mid round pick (which means its probably a 5th rounder) next year.

I'm sorry the guy had something like 85 targets in 9 weeks, he's 25 years old

the one knock I can understand is his injury history but he played 14 and 16 games the 2 years prior to last

this is with a garbage QB and no other pass catching targets besides Rudolph

Great move by Sea. Are you guys really bitching about a late first round pick? Really? This guy is a game changer on a team that has very little. Even if you rent him for a year or 2 and slightly overpay him, hes worth every dime.

Are you telling me Percy isn't better than these guys taken in 2011?

[TABLE="class: wikitable sortable jquery-tablesorter"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FE2E2E"][/TD]
[TH]1[/TH]
[TH]22[/TH]
[TD]Indianapolis Colts[/TD]
[TD]Anthony Castonzo[/TD]
[TD]OT[/TD]
[TD]Boston College[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]ACC[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]1[/TH]
[TH]23[/TH]
[TD]Philadelphia Eagles[/TD]
[TD]Danny Watkins[/TD]
[TD]G[/TD]
[TD]Baylor[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Big 12[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]1[/TH]
[TH]24[/TH]
[TD]New Orleans Saints[/TD]
[TD]Cameron Jordan[/TD]
[TD]DE[/TD]
[TD]California[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Pac-10[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]1[/TH]
[TH]25[/TH]
[TD]Seattle Seahawks[/TD]
[TD]James Carpenter[/TD]
[TD]OT[/TD]
[TD]Alabama[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]SEC[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]1[/TH]
[TH]26[/TH]
[TD]Kansas City Chiefs[/TD]
[TD]Jonathan Baldwin[/TD]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD]Pittsburgh[/TD]
[TD="align: center"][/TD]
[TD]<small>from Atlanta via Cleveland [SUP][R1 - 6][/SUP]</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]1[/TH]
[TH]27[/TH]
[TD]Baltimore Ravens[/TD]
[TD]Jimmy Smith[/TD]
[TD]CB[/TD]
[TD]Colorado[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Big 12[/TD]
[TD]<small>in lieu of pick 26 (time expired) [SUP][N 3][/SUP]</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]1[/TH]
[TH]28[/TH]
[TD]New Orleans Saints[/TD]
[TD]Mark Ingram[/TD]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD]Alabama[/TD]
[TD]<small>from New England [SUP][R1 - 7][/SUP], 2009 Heisman Trophy winner[SUP][N 4][/SUP]</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]1[/TH]
[TH]29[/TH]
[TD]Chicago Bears[/TD]
[TD]Gabe Carimi[/TD]
[TD]OT[/TD]
[TD]Wisconsin[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Big Ten[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]1[/TH]
[TH]30[/TH]
[TD]New York Jets[/TD]
[TD]Muhammad Wilkerson[/TD]
[TD]DE[/TD]
[TD]Temple[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]MAC[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]1[/TH]
[TH]31[/TH]
[TD]Pittsburgh Steelers[/TD]
[TD]Cameron Heyward[/TD]
[TD]DE[/TD]
[TD]Ohio State[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Big Ten[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]1[/TH]
[TH]32[/TH]
[TD]Green Bay Packers[/TD]
[TD]Derek Sherrod[/TD]
[TD]OT[/TD]
[TD]Mississippi State[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

A first round pick for a guy EVERYBODY knew wanted to be traded. Plus, he's going to get a fat contract that we weren't going to give him - gives us more cap flexibility for FA.

Keep your LOL's reserved for the Raiders haha.

Let me know what free agent wide receivers you are going to get. Plaxico? Good luck replacing Percy.

I love everyone gets burned yada yada

Look who was throwing to Percy. So they gave up a 1? who cares....Harvin when healthy is badass...you know what you are getting

I bet he gets healthier on a good team too, no offense to the vikes guys

a coach like Petey will be great for him as well

only people hating this are Smoke and his irrational love of all things draft pick and Vikes fans angry at Harvin

Let me know what free agent wide receivers you are going to get. Plaxico? Good luck replacing Percy.

Vikes won't be doing much in FA. I can guarantee if they keep both those first rounders that one of them will be a WR.

Harvins DYAR (Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement - defined as: the value of the performance on plays where this WR caught the ball, compared to replacement level, adjusted for situation and opponent and then translated into yardage) rank amongst WR on Football Outsiders:

2009: 26th
2010: 26th
2011: 29th
2012: 37th

Good God. Lame

Smoke pls give ur own opinion one time n not some talking heads bs u stole
just like u do with phiily sports
Regurgitate daily news shit.

Trading your first round pick for a wide receiver has worked so well in the past...the last three times its happened:

Roy williams
deion branch
Peerless price

0 for 3

Smoke pls give ur own opinion one time n not some talking heads bs u stole
just like u do with phiily sports
Regurgitate daily news shit.

What the fuck are you talking about? I mean seriously. If I was giving the talking heads opinion, I'd be blowing Seattle and saying they were going to the super bowl.

the only thing that's regurgitated around here is your asinine accusations of me not having my own opinion

(and what you quoted wasn't a 'talking heads opinion'. They are called 'stats' and they are usually what someone uses to prove their point....)

So because you guys don't understand the stat, it's irrelevant?

got it
No. It is as relevant as one thinking SuperBowl because they got Mike Vick.

Seattle thinks they can win NOW. It isn't a dumb move. DYAR means nothing, cmon.

It looks "bad" because of SF's deal with Boldin today. Noted. We all get it.

To say it is a a bad deal today is ludicrous. Unless you want to go out on a limb...and say, predict something.

Like I did with the Eagles and Vick.

Browns fans want Harrison because he's knocked out half the offense the last few years. I don't want either of those guys (Wallace or Harrison).

I said Wallace was top 5 a couple years and thats because he was, now hes dropping balls left and right

There's a report they are ready to throw a ton of money at mike Wallace....

Not according to our GM. If anything, I think it's a move to get other teams to overpay thinking we are in the mix. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to sign him, but I don't see it happening.

I said Wallace was top 5 a couple years and thats because he was, now hes dropping balls left and right

You said he was top 5 in December. Is he out of your top 5 becuase he's not playing for PIT anymore? haha

Steelers always seem to get rid of guys at the right time. And not that they'd say it out loud, but they probably have a little rebuild period ahead of 'em.

Agree tip. Steez need some serious OL help. They have some young guys at WR that are decent and still young enough to continue to improve.

BTW, the mid round pick for Harvin next year now being reported as a 3rd rounder. Along with the two picks this year, that's pretty good value for him IMO. Honestly, I think both sides win in this trade as it stands today. Of course, the Vikes need to be sure and not blow it in the draft (they did incredibly well last year but it's never a given) and Harvin needs to not be a total jerk (again, not a given).

You said he was top 5 in December. Is he out of your top 5 becuase he's not playing for PIT anymore? haha

No, no I didn't. I might have said brown is top 5 in December or if I said Wallace was top 5 last year I was joking, but I doubt I said it.

steelers have much bigger problems then the OL

Our defense needs completely revamped. The only young guy is Timmons. I can not believe they haven't asked Troy to rework his contract contingent to how many games he plays. I think half the city wouldn't be opposed to him being released or traded. It's time to face the facts that the steelers need to rebuild. They drafted an OL in round 1 and 2 last year. If they pursue it any further I would be stunned.

Back