Nuggets & Nets talk trade for 'Melo

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
A little surprised nobody's brought this up yet, though there might not be much to it.

'Melo and Camby to NJ for Richard Jefferson, the Nets' #1, and other spare parts.

So says ESPN today.

If I was the Nugs I would trade Melo in a heartbeat.....he plays no D, doesnt box out, has off court issues and him and AI obviously arent going to win together.

that would be the dumbest trade this year besides grizz gettin kwame...nets will instantly become a playoff team, 1st round n out but still a playoff team...camby, melo, weak ass carter, and harris at pg...nice line-up in the east

i would rather try to get Jefferson and Harris for Carmelo and pieces.

Harris would be good beside AI since they should be able to switch on the defensive end

Harris
AI
Jefferson
Martin
Camby

Not bad imo

i know... just saying that is what i would try and do

i don't think the deal mentioned earlier is a good deal at all

not good to give up Camby with Melo

Ya I read this the first time and only saw Melo's name. If they get rid of Camby as well then that's just fing stupid.

Why would anyone take Melo to their team? The guy can't play professional basketball. Maybe Melo for Nachbar is a fair deal, if Melo would have a reasonable contract (buy out by the Nuggets and resign for smaller contract).

The trade basically hinged on how far the Nets moved up in the lotto. Trade is dead now.

Yep, T is right. If they're not top three, probably top two, that trade is over. They're not so now it's more likely just a wake up call to 'Melo.

The Nets have reportedly had "substantiative discussions with Toronto" about acquiring former number-one overall draft choice Andrea Bargnani.

Bargnani had a miserable sophomore campaign, backsliding in most statistical categories, including points (10.2), field goal percentage (39%), 3-pointers (1.2), rebounds (3.7), steals (0.3) and blocks (0.5). He was thoroughly outplayed by veteran Rasho Nesterovic, and the Raptors might be happy to cut their losses via a trade. The Nets have also inquired about Carmelo Anthony, Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw, and talks should only intensify once the draft order is revealed. May. 20 - 5:48 pm et
Source: NJ Star-Ledger

The Nets have reportedly had "substantiative discussions with Toronto" about acquiring former number-one overall draft choice Andrea Bargnani.

Bargnani had a miserable sophomore campaign, backsliding in most statistical categories, including points (10.2), field goal percentage (39%), 3-pointers (1.2), rebounds (3.7), steals (0.3) and blocks (0.5). He was thoroughly outplayed by veteran Rasho Nesterovic, and the Raptors might be happy to cut their losses via a trade. The Nets have also inquired about Carmelo Anthony, Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw, and talks should only intensify once the draft order is revealed. May. 20 - 5:48 pm et

:36_11_6: Thats impressive.

Rumour is Thorn is trying to unload RJ off on some poor sucker. Unfortunately for Thorn, Babcock is no longer our GM. RJ doesnt make a team better, an injury waiting to happen, and is a cap killer. I would love a VC returm though.

Back