NLDS/ALDS Playoffs Discussion

I'll be on Houston for emotional hedge play but I think HOU F5 is solid.....Cueto is going to get hit. I've watched every pitch he's thrown the last month and his stuff just looks awful. Not much movement and missing his spots. His numbers against Rasmus are NSFW. I think it might take another KC comeback against the shaky HOU pen to get a W. Unless McHugh blows up Id be shocked if KC is ahead when Cueto leaves the game. I hope he proves me wrong but I literally have more faith in Chris Young right now.

I know what a troll is. Saying Mr. Legend and quoting W-L stats is totally trolling. I am just glad Kershaw shut his ass up. If Kershaw would of bombed you know damn well he would of been in this thread gloating.

I think the Dodgers will have major trouble with the Cubs. I am not a blind homer, Dodgers are in trouble with their two man rotation in a 7 game series. Dodgers are not hitting HRs and the Cubs are playing loose. Also have to admit that Maddon is superior to Don the dummy.
not my style, gloating always has been your style though. Congrats.

I'll be on Houston for emotional hedge play but I think HOU F5 is solid.....Cueto is going to get hit. I've watched every pitch he's thrown the last month and his stuff just looks awful. Not much movement and missing his spots. His numbers against Rasmus are NSFW. I think it might take another KC comeback against the shaky HOU pen to get a W. Unless McHugh blows up Id be shocked if KC is ahead when Cueto leaves the game. I hope he proves me wrong but I literally have more faith in Chris Young right now.

feel similarly about Cueto, don't love the park for HOU's HR offense but they've been stringing hits together far better than KC and I'm not sure a bad inning by Harris will all of a sudden cure what ails KC. Don't really want to consider my KC ticket as a hedge, want everything to be independent, but I'm not sure I think they'll beat TOR (or even TEX) in the next round and HOU wins today I'm cooked on that

oh i did not see the Mr. Legend post, my bad...

i agree with your thoughts about the dodgers/cubs

cubs would beat the dodgers in 6 imo

I think a lot of people missed that post. Kershaw is a legend, anyone who has won the cy young 3 times is. He has a lot of playing time left too. The guy is a 7-8 IP 1-2 ER machine.

I have a series wager on Houston @ +125. Feel conflicted because everyone I know thinks KC is going to win and it seems Houston would have a hard time getting over blowing a 6-2 lead. I don't know whats going to happen today but I'd love to cash this ticket.

What do we expect from Cueto today?

I think a lot of people missed that post. Kershaw is a legend, anyone who has won the cy young 3 times is. He has a lot of playing time left too. The guy is a 7-8 IP 1-2 ER machine.

This is the issue though. He certainly could be considered a legend when his career is over, and he is well on his way to earning that accolade. However, he can't be considered a legend at this point, not only because he's only 5-7 seasons into his career, but he has under performed in the playoffs thus far.

I am NOT disagreeing that he may very well end up being considered a legend, but to simply call him one now and refuse to listen to any reasons as to why he isn't yet, is just fanboy shit.

Sipp has pitched every game of the series, but has only done poorly vs Escobar (1/3) and Rios (2/5) who are both RH (and who knows if Rios is anything like what he was when he compiled that 2/5). Those may be regular season numbers only, but he's owned Gordon (2/13, 1 HR), Hosmer (2/12), Morales (0/4), Moose (0/4) and RH Zobrist (1/7). Fields didn't have it the other day, but he only walks a batter every 2.5 innings so I bet he's really focused on throwing strikes if he pitches today. He's owned KC besides Dyson, but i have no fear there. Perez has been bad against KC, so i'm hoping they don't have to use him. Same goes for Neshek who hasn't been good lately at all. Clearly I'd prefer Herrera/Davis, but Madson has gotten lit up and Morales (who can be wild) hasn't pitched in ten days. Hochevar has been good, but has only appeared in the losses. To me, the good bullpens may be closer than we think with Fields/Sipp/Harris/Gregerson vs Hochevar/Herrera/Davis. I'm not expecting Keuchel, but i guess he could toss an inning or two

Manager-wise I don't love Hinch, but Yost does curious things and while I like the stress bunting puts on a defense we know HOU won't be doing it. Kinda tough in a big ballpark to swing for the fences constantly, but KC doesn't have much of a threat and I'm sure McHugh will be careful with Morales after the two dingers in G1.

This is the issue though. He certainly could be considered a legend when his career is over, and he is well on his way to earning that accolade. However, he can't be considered a legend at this point, not only because he's only 5-7 seasons into his career, but he has under performed in the playoffs thus far.

I am NOT disagreeing that he may very well end up being considered a legend, but to simply call him one now and refuse to listen to any reasons as to why he isn't yet, is just fanboy shit.

He has had 10 postseason starts, 7 of them were Quality starts. Seriously dude stop with the hate and misleading stats, you are sounding like P2W here. He's had a couple of bad starts in the playoffs, most of his playoff performances were solid.

I have a series wager on Houston @ +125. Feel conflicted because everyone I know thinks KC is going to win and it seems Houston would have a hard time getting over blowing a 6-2 lead. I don't know whats going to happen today but I'd love to cash this ticket.

What do we expect from Cueto today?

I expect a big game from him.

I did not read back to see if anyone mentioned this, but only ONE playoff game has been decided by 1 run thus far. If you are going to bet, lay the -1.5

Dude, just grow up. You sound like nothing but a total homer. It's embarrassing.

Can't win. If Kershaw pitches bad I get ridiculed for defending him and will hear that he is a choker. If Kershaw pitches lights out like he did then I hear comments like this. Being a homer in embarrassing? I think quoting W-L records and having such a terrible season betting that you had to quit in July is more embarrassing. All in the eyes of the beholder.

Kershaw has pitched a QS in 7 of 10 playoff starts. Fact

He has had 10 postseason starts, 7 of them were Quality starts. Seriously dude stop with the hate and misleading stats, you are sounding like P2W here. He's had a couple of bad starts in the playoffs, most of his playoff performances were solid.

I simply said he has under performed in the playoffs. He has. How am I hating on him at all? I was the one defending him in the in-game the other night. What the fuck are you talking about? You're taking this way too personally dude....which is typical when the fandom is involved. You're the one calling him a 'legend,' that's the ONLY reason you're getting any 'back talk' to begin with. He certainly has the potential (and is on his way) to being known as a legend when his career is all said and done...he can't be considered one at this point though. (which, again, I've been saying all along, I'm not and haven't hated on him one bit)

Can't win. If Kershaw pitches bad I get ridiculed for defending him and will hear that he is a choker. If Kershaw pitches lights out like he did then I hear comments like this. Being a homer in embarrassing? I think quoting W-L records and having such a terrible season betting that you had to quit in July is more embarrassing. All in the eyes of the beholder.

Kershaw has pitched a QS in 7 of 10 playoff starts. Fact

It also has nothing to do with you not being able to win. You came in after the game and said "trolls are quiet." NO ONE was trolling in the first place, people were trying to have a discussion on Kershaw and his playoff performances to this point in his career. Honestly, your fandom is what's really making this into an issue at all.

Noticed that after the early game on Monday (after KC came back as a DOG to win game four)
that seven consecutive favorites have won since then. With that being said I like the Mets to end
that streak tonight. Played them at +144 on the over night at Heritage.

Noticed that after the early game on Monday (after KC came back as a DOG to win game four)
that seven consecutive favorites have won since then. With that being said I like the Mets to end
that streak tonight. Played them at +144 on the over night at Heritage.
:shake:

that seven consecutive favorites have won since then.

This has been a very unusual start to the post season from a number of statistical angles. Favourites dominating to the tune of 14-6 SU has certainly been one of them. The Dog has lost its last 4 games when scoring 1st, very unusual - whoever scores 1st today should be difficult to overcome.

Mets scoring 1st means 3 of the 4 DS did not involve a home team scoring first. That is insane, esp. when none of them were a short series/involved a sweep.

Back