NHL Trade Deadline 2008

gsro

Give me the NHL, or give me death
So I've decided to make a thread that keeps track of all trades that have been completed and I Will update this as time passes only 15 days left!

Ottawa Senators Trade
Patrick Eaves
Joe Corvo

To

Carolina Hurricanes For
Mike Commodore
Cory Stillman

favorite time of year, besides the playoffs... love watching TSN on deadline day with Bob McKenzie sitting talking, then his phone rings and he announces a trade, lol.

I asked Yanks about this other night...what have you heard...Blake to Wings from Kings? Saw this somewhere around here on Friday.

Curious.

ya i love it....but i'll keep this thread going =) but what are your thoughts..personally, i hate it....the sens lose big on this trade, eaves is a speedy young talent, with corvo a pretty cheap solid defencemen...canes come out on top..as well stillman if he can stay healthy + commodore are ufa's

I asked Yanks about this other night...what have you heard...Blake to Wings from Kings? Saw this somewhere around here on Friday.

Curious.

I've been reading that the ducks are also in the hunt for blake, which in my mind makes no damn sense, unless they plan to deal schneider, i've also heeard some rumours about the wings landing blake...but the price is way to steep, kings looking for a pick, prospect + nhl level player :|...i still don't see how the ducks neeed this guy, especially @ 6 mill a year

Commodore will help the Sens in the playoffs more than Eaves IMO

Ya, but corvo and commodore aren't that much more different imo, why take similar players and put them in newer systems, i agree they are pros and they'll adapt quick, a "smarter" trade would have been...eaves for stillman + pick, since the certainty of cory's health is questionable...i guess they get some leaders with this trade, as both commodore and stillman have been there

I think both Ottawa and Carolina made a good trade. Ottawa get more grit, Carolina get more speed.

this helps ottawa alot this year, alot of grit and playoff experience...

BUT, stillman is UFA at year's end... by trading corvo they loose a very good puck moving DEF and they will loose Redden in the summer...

If Eaves develops into a top 6 fwd for the canes they win the deal bigtime, and they needed a QB for the PP like corvo...

Now Montreal needs to respond... I keep hearing Hossa rumours.....

Montreal should have made that trade, Stillman and Commodore are excatly the type of players we need.

Montreal should have made that trade, Stillman and Commodore are excatly the type of players we need.

agreed... with hossa's playoff history I don't think he's what they need....

how about antripov and hall gill for ryder and chipchura instead??? LOL

Anyone hear any rumors about the Pens picking up Hossa? I keep on hearing it mentioned on boards, but don't believe it. The Pens would be parting with Staal and probably Letang.

Anyone hear any rumors about the Pens picking up Hossa? I keep on hearing it mentioned on boards, but don't believe it. The Pens would be parting with Staal and probably Letang.

that would be a horrible deal for the pens if they don't get a contract extension from hossa before they make that deal...

Id be cool with Antropov and Belak for Ryder and Dandenault.
that isn't that bad of a deal, you're taking belak off our hands LOL...but ryder needs a new place to play, he' needs a change, and i don't think it's to a canadian team that'll help him get back on track

forsberg's will decide tomorrow ....maybe...probably signs with philly

report that rob blake won't waive his NTC

GM's looking at preventing rentals from re-signing with the same team in the summer (keith tkachuk rule) could be re-named mats sundin rule.....

Im glad Forsberg isnt coming back, theres something not right about that sort of thing, as was with Selanne and Niedermeyer. Some rules preventing that have to be made.

just heard that all of a sudden the Canadians have become big players in the Sundin market

Kaberle will never waive his no trade clause ... so he has mentioned numerous times over the past few weeks

just heard that all of a sudden the Canadians have become big players in the Sundin market

I hope thats not serious, I never cared for Sundin. Somebody needs to tell the habs that its the team with the most canadians that wins the cup more often than not.

as of right now, they are the front runners with the Sens...

nothing on returning players. BUt I could see him waiving the clause to go down the 401 to either team.

apaprently, sundin isn't in the line up tonight? anyone know if it's because flecther has something in the works? orrrr if he's injured? or if the fan590 (toronto sports radio) was wrong

and if sundin goes to the habs or sens, that's just insane....but what i don't understand is teams trading within divisions :|

I dont think Toronto'd deal Sundin to the habs or sens, imagine if Sundin is the difference maker for that team, itd make the leafs look foolish and theyd never live it down. I think he may go to Detroit.

I dont think Toronto'd deal Sundin to the habs or sens, imagine if Sundin is the difference maker for that team, itd make the leafs look foolish and theyd never live it down. I think he may go to Detroit.

agreeed i don't see why everyone is speculating the idea of sundin going to a team within the division, but what is detroit willing to give up for sundin?!
wow a line of zetteberg and datsyuk centred by sundin would be quite the line to handle :hang:

apaprently, sundin isn't in the line up tonight? anyone know if it's because flecther has something in the works? orrrr if he's injured? or if the fan590 (toronto sports radio) was wrong

he just wasnt at the pre game skate.. he's in the lineup tonight:shake:

Darren Dreger
2/22/2008 9:54:22 AM
Sources tell TSN that Toronto Maple Leafs interim general manager Cliff Fletcher and captain Mats Sundin met on Thursday to discuss his future with the team.
It's believed Fletcher asked Sundin for a list of teams he would consider playing for, although the Leafs GM stopped short of officially asking him to waive his no-trade clause.
The fact Fletcher has asked for the list of teams speaks to his intent to trade Sundin, but Sundin remains in control and if unwilling can scuttle any potential deal.
Sundin has only a few days to contemplate his future with the trade deadline set for 3pm (et) on Tuesday, however the belief is Toronto is hoping for a response from Sundin either today or tomorrow.
If the Leafs captain clears the way for a trade, he will only do so to join the team of his choice, which will clearly limit Toronto's flexibility.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><!--drop width--><TBODY><TR height=8><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Begin Ad --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> if(!sops){if(p.sops){var sops=p.sops;}else{var sops="";}} if(dUnitBox==true){boxAd=true;} if(boxAd){if((!dUnitSky)||(!dUnitSuper)||(dUnitBox)){place300x250();}}</SCRIPT><!--- End Ad ---></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The fact the 37 year old is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent July 1st also hinders Toronto's asking price as it is unlikely Sundin will relinquish further control by agreeing to any extension before fully assessing his future in the summer.
Debate will rage on all fronts, no matter the outcome of Sundin's decision.
If he agrees to a trade and is moved as a rental, then the rate of return will be analyzed and compared to Sundin's value had he stayed on as the Maple Leafs franchise player for another season or two.
If he opts not to waive his no-trade and crushes any chance of the organization jump-starting its rebuild then the quiet rumblings of those critical of his decision will become deafening in an attempt to villify one of the Toronto Maple Leafs most beloved leaders.
Detriot, San Jose, Anaheim and Vancouver are believed to be the main Western Conference contenders for Sundin, however with Sundin in full control of his destiny, an Eastern Conference team remains a strong possiblity as well, and some believe the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators will be in play.
Throughout his career, Sundin has average slightly better than a point per game. In 1,293 games he has scored 547 goals, 757 assists, for 1,304 points.

Fletcher met with Sundin and McCabes agent today

both didnt practice, but that was for the flu

apparently Sundin has given permission to speak with 5 teams... no word on which yet... Detroit / Anaheim / SJ rumored out west... along with the MTL / Sens in teh east

nothing on McCabe but that would be a sweet contract to dump

Whatever trade, Toronto makes won't change a thing, they will still be crap:smiley_acbe:
:whip:

personally, I just want to see them get younger and better 2 / 3 years from now... not this season. its a wash, and I never really clouded my feelings with anything but

think every GM in the league was waiting for the Sundin ball to drop before they made a move... should get things going today.

Back