NHL Offseason Moves / Discussion

St.louis/crosby/stamkos
Toews/bergeron/richards
Perry/getzlaf/hall
Tavares/couture/giroux

Those would be my 12 right now

This is where you are always wrong. Teams like these needs guys who will mix it up and do the dirty work. Filling up the team with guys who are soft and need to have the puck at all times to be effective is not the recipe for success at this level

Its international ice

You dont need big bodies you need speed

They need elite guys who can play agitator like toews and Richards or a guy like bergeron who can play 2 way

Not 2nd liners

You guys are gonna be so pissed when Jonathan Quick shuts that soft team teeed proposed out in the medal round. Gonna be playing the Swedes for the Bronze :goal:

Who is in goal? Smith or Crawford? Either way Canada will have the 5th best starting goaltender in the Olympics. Lets let that sink in for a minute.

heck move bergeron back to the second line have the anaheim boys + nash...that's a big third line

Who is in goal? Smith or Crawford? Either way Canada will have the 5th best starting goaltender in the Olympics. Lets let that sink in for a minute.

Luongo will start

And again as I have mentioned in almost every stat the past 3 years hes top 5 or top 10

I think we see a good season out of loo...no more controversy, no competing for time...just him

Galtie gasping at straws because he knows byfuglian/johnson/orpik on d dont have a hope.in hell of stopping this juggernaut

Parise Kesler Kane
Ryan Backes Kessel
JVR Stastny Brown
Pacioretty Stepan Callahan

Suter Yandle
McDonagh Johnson
Orpik Shattenkirk

and the X factor, Quick

Here's what I came up with

Keith - Seabrook
Pietrangelo - Weber
Doughty - Letang

Bergeron - Crosby - Nash
St. Louis - Tavares - Stamkos
Staal - Toews - Staal
Getzlaf - Giroux - Perry

Luongo will start

And again as I have mentioned in almost every stat the past 3 years hes top 5 or top 10

You better fucking hope that Canada is not starting the guy who couldn't even beat out the USA's BACKUP goalie. You guys would be in more trouble than I thought........

Here's what I came up with

Keith - Seabrook
Pietrangelo - Weber
Doughty - Letang

Bergeron - Crosby - Nash
St. Louis - Tavares - Stamkos
Staal - Toews - Staal
Getzlaf - Giroux - Perry

that second line is pretty nice, dont' think Jordan really deserves to be there...and Eric, well I think you can get Eric Staal type playing out of younger guys like hall/tavares

You won't be laughing in February.....

gonna have to change your avy to this guy :crying:

You better fucking hope that Canada is not starting the guy who couldn't even beat out the USA's BACKUP goalie. You guys would be in more trouble than I thought........
we'll be fine in net...having crawford and loo is a good tandem...schneider couldn't even hold his job as the starter so it wasn't much between either loo or schneider last y ear.

I like Shattenkirk on the 3rd line but Byfuglian might wind up getting the nod. Don't like his big ass on that Lake Erie sized ice, tho......

that second line is pretty nice, dont' think Jordan really deserves to be there...and Eric, well I think you can get Eric Staal type playing out of younger guys like hall/tavares

I think Brother with Brother would be good. Bergeron always plays good with Crosby and Nash gelled with him last time. 2nd line with st. louis setting up tavares & stamkos would be great. Giroux would also benefit with Getzlaf a lot.

Couldn't believe Spezza, Marleau and Iginla didn't make it.

galt you need to switch out a few of those players...max pac shouldn't even be on the invite list

I think Brother with Brother would be good. Bergeron always plays good with Crosby and Nash gelled with him last time. 2nd line with st. louis setting up tavares & stamkos would be great. Giroux would also benefit with Getzlaf a lot.

Couldn't believe Spezza, Marleau and Iginla didn't make it.

iggy and marleau i understand..spezza coming off a season where he was injured makes sense to me.

Parise Kesler Kane
Ryan Backes Kessel
JVR Stastny Brown
Pacioretty Stepan Callahan

Suter Yandle
McDonagh Johnson
Orpik Shattenkirk

and the X factor, Quick

You guys will be lucky to get out of group play. Russia and Slovakia will wax that ass.

Where as we got fucking Austria, Norway and Finland

You guys will be lucky to get out of group play. Russia and Slovakia will wax that ass.

i hate how we have an easier division...we seem to start out slow in playoffs, so coasting in round robin isn't the best of options either.

galt you need to switch out a few of those players...max pac shouldn't even be on the invite list

Im not married to anyone other than Quick, Kaner, Kesler, Parise, Kessel, Bobby R, Brown, Callahan, Backes, and the first 2 D pairings. Everything else is up for grabs and I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe Pav, Oshie, Galchenyuk, or some of these other beasts on the team.

Can't wait for my avatar bet with teeed. I'm gonna start looking for the most humiliating Patrick Kane picture I can find tonight (I will have plenty of choices).

Slovakia? They barely have 2 lines of NHL players.

Although they do have a better goalie than Canada.....

I also agree with gsro, I think it actually sucks for Canada that they have a walk in the RR. Last Olympics they got to take a beating from the good ole USA in the RR which actually woke them up. They don't have that this time, could see them coasting through the Group and then running into a tough team in the QFs and having trouble

shots were 45-23?

and if we are throwing in home ice than this is the biggest beating of all time

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3R2HjpW_9dQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

5-2 in the final

Canada wins when it counts, US wins round robins against our backup

2010 final for good measure too

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G7DeQbTzPE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2002 I was only 14 and didn't talk shit to other people in the United States yet even tho living here. 2010 was a different story. In College and it was major shit talking time. I got like 42 text messages from people the day USA beat us in the Round Robin. Needless to say I texted everybody back after the Gold Medal game.

2002 I was only 14 and didn't talk shit to other people in the United States yet even tho living here. 2010 was a different story. In College and it was major shit talking time. I got like 42 text messages from people the day USA beat us in the Round Robin. Needless to say I texted everybody back after the Gold Medal game.

hahah good man!

oh my beau bennett got an invite as did trevor lewis

Back